Josh Norman

52 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Fuller immediately got his starting position in the slot back when he returned from his broken thumb. So Spags doesn't agree with you. Plus Fuller can play safety. He's the guy I'd keep. And he's only 24. 

You also have to realize fenton pulled his hamstring mid season and played through it while fuller was out with a broken hand, when fuller returned they let fentons hamstring heal

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Hey in hindsight im glad it happened, made them realize how important pennel is.

But the reason, as I understood it, that they made the switch was not "Ivie is good, Pennel sucks" but they thought it might provide a specific strategic advantage.  They were obviously wrong and learned their lesson immediately.  That gives me more confidence in their scouting and strategic abilities, not less.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

But the reason, as I understood it, that they made the switch was not "Ivie is good, Pennel sucks" but they thought it might provide a specific strategic advantage.  They were obviously wrong and learned their lesson immediately.  That gives me more confidence in their scouting and strategic abilities, not less.

The thought was, chiefs would be leading, so the pass rush would be in effect.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

The thought was, chiefs would be leading, so the pass rush would be in effect.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.  And it seems Pennel > Ivie regardless of the game situation.  But they learned it over the course of one game.  There were things Bob Sutton didn't learn over the course of 6 years.

48 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The irony there was that Ivey ended up on the Titans roster for the AFC Title game while Pennel was a gigantic piece in containing Henry. 

3 hours ago, dksww said:

Every year I'm shocked at the contracts some these average to good players get on the open market.

I'd love for the Chiefs to be able to keep Fuller and Breeland, but my guess is we'll all be shocked to see what they get in free agency.

Yeah I'm definitely not saying they are worth it but Breeland played lights out in the playoffs and there isn't a lot of options in FA.  Bryon Jones and James Bradbury.   If you want Slay or PP gonna have to cough up picks and a huge contract.   

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Fuller immediately got his starting position in the slot back when he returned from his broken thumb. So Spags doesn't agree with you. Plus Fuller can play safety. He's the guy I'd keep. And he's only 24. 

Fenton is not a slot corner.   He should be on the outside.  Thats why Fuller took back over....and Fuller didn't play well there.   

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.  And it seems Pennel > Ivie regardless of the game situation.  But they learned it over the course of one game.  There were things Bob Sutton didn't learn over the course of 6 years.

Pennel is a must resign imo. 

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah I'm definitely not saying they are worth it but Breeland played lights out in the playoffs and there isn't a lot of options in FA.  Bryon Jones and James Bradbury.   If you want Slay or PP gonna have to cough up picks and a huge contract.   

Logan Ryan, Mackenzie Alexander, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, Eli Apple, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby, Darqueze Denard, Trae Waynes, Vernon Hargreaves, Kendall Fuller, Bashaud Breeland, James Bradbury, ByronJones, etc.

CB class is deep this year.