Can it be debated that the Chiefs were “all in” on this season

28 minutes ago, xen said:

This is just mind boggling to me. The plan to catch the World Champs and compete with the best QB in football is to sign a 42 year old QB for 30 million.a season.  I suppose drafting a young QB early could make some sense of it but I’m sure Brady would demand every available resource be used to surround him with talent.  
I just can’t see it.  Even from those turds. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

We started with a washed up RB and a lot of youngsters on defense with a cap space of around 20 million. I don't think it constitutes "all in". I believe Chiefs were ready to go all in for 2020 with 2019 being the defensive rebuild year.

I thought we’d be better next season in year 2 of Spags system and as we better figured out K Hunts replacement long term as oline. . Agree a sense of urgency could’ve pushed Andy and Veach to go get that great final piece at any cost.  Winning though let’s us continue to hedge in building now without giving up so much it hurts our future.
 The crucial element to competing in the Mahomes second contract era will be those first contract guys. We need the draft resources to get those. 

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This is just mind boggling to me. The plan to catch the World Champs and compete with the best QB in football is to sign a 42 year old QB for 30 million.a season.  I suppose drafting a young QB early could make some sense of it but I’m sure Brady would demand every available resource be used to surround him with talent.  
I just can’t see it.  Even from those turds. 

I see it as nothing but a marketing ploy.. they must figure the GOAT will bring in the extra revenue, they certainly need to make a splash to excite the new fan base. Any real thought of them catching the Chiefs  next year is delusional and I think Gruden is smart enough to know that.

I don’t think it was all in. We replaced high priced under producing guys with high priced better producing guys who largely were on the field almost all year and did what their pay demanded. We basically said Clark was better than any draft pick we could have taken last year. We didn’t throw lots of picks at castoffs midway into camp or season. We also benefited from Tyreek escaping purgatory and had his potential replacement as a solid #3 rookie.

We didn't mortgage the future.  The front office gave us the capability of a championship without ruining the chances for a longer era of dominance.  I believe the best thing they did was get all the best coaches for every position group, and Andy helped convince them to come.  It was brilliant, because it makes all the players better, and coaches are a lot cheaper than players.  Coaching staff dominance is a key ingredient if a true dynasty is possible.

2 hours ago, xen said:

That's going "all in".  The Raiders aren't a SB team and spending that kind of money is the hopes that Brady has a little gas left in the tank is a huge risk.  If Carr isn't the answer for them, they should get a QBOTF.  They have the draft capital for it. 

4 hours ago, xen said:

Meh I just don’t see Brady wanting to leave the Pats for a team that is not a SB contender this next season and has to play Chiefs twice a year.  I see Brady going to a NFC team before Raiders /Shrug

GM hat:

Before all the Brady to Cowboys I thought they should do so.....but they should trade Dak to Miami for #5.....sign Brady....then draft Tua at #5 to heal and sit behind Brady!

To perfect of a plan to happen

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I thought we’d be better next season in year 2 of Spags system and as we better figured out K Hunts replacement long term as oline. . Agree a sense of urgency could’ve pushed Andy and Veach to go get that great final piece at any cost.  Winning though let’s us continue to hedge in building now without giving up so much it hurts our future.
 The crucial element to competing in the Mahomes second contract era will be those first contract guys. We need the draft resources to get those. 

Definitely. It's all about drafting now. We need to protect Mahomes and keep drafting efficient guys to repeat the SB success. 

I’m still convinced that a total defensive overall and scheme change and some smart, but potentially risky, free agency trades and moves should constitute itself as being “all in“ on a super bowl win this year but I also see the whole thing that they’ve managed to seemingly do this with the long term intent to be championship viable for possibly years to come. All I know is it’s a great time to be a Chiefs fan. 

I don't blame the Raiders for going that route.  They are already paying Carr like 20 million per and Brady is a clear upgrade.   He's got a stud RB, TE and a deep threat in Tyrell Williams.  That is one good WR away from a potential potent offense.  And Hunter Refrow would be the next Wes Welker/Julian Edelman.   I'm not worried about them but that would be a smart move especially moving to Las Vegas.  Their defense will be better with Abrams back and another year of young guys developing.   The only problem with that route is its not sustainable and will end up leaving you disappointed also Brady isn't a grooming type of QB like Alex Smith was/is.   He won't go there because he won't just have to play us twice but Von Miller and Chubb twice and Ingram/Bosa twice.  Dude won't last the season.  Those days of cupcake AFC East schedules are over if he leaves.