NFL Channel's Tribute to Patrick Mahomes

Chiefs fans who are off work on Presidents Day will have a binge-watching option.

This one isn’t on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon or Disney+. Try the NFL Network, which will be showing only Chiefs games over a 27-hour span starting at 6 a.m. on Monday.

The Network is calling it a “Mahomes Monday,” even though it spills over into Tuesday. Here is the schedule:

6 a.m.: 2018 Week 1 – Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers. The Chiefs won 38-28 and Mahomes threw a touchdown pass on KC’s first drive of the season and four total in the game.

9 a.m.: 2018 Week 2 – Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers. Kansas City’s offense shredded the Steelers in a 42-37 win at Heinz Field. Mahomes threw six touchdown passes in a 33-28 win.

Noon: 2018 Week 3 – San Francisco 49ers at Chiefs. Mahomes threw three touchdown passes in a 38-27 win, including one in which the 49ers might still wonder how he eluded their pass rush.

3 p.m.: 2018 Week 11 – Chiefs at Los Angeles Rams. This was the 54-51 game on “Monday Night Football.”7 p.m.: 2019 Week 3 – Baltimore Ravens at Chiefs. Mahomes threw a trio of touchdown 11 p.m.: 2019 AFC Divisional – Houston Texans at Chiefs. Five touchdown passes by Mahomes and a 24-point deficit erased by halftime.

The Mahomes mania will continue as the NFL Network will show these games on Tuesday:

3 a.m.: 2019 AFC Championship – Tennessee Titans at Chiefs. Anyone remember that 27-yard touchdown run by Mahomes?

6 a.m.: Super Bowl LIV – San Francisco 49ers vs. Chiefs. Would your boss really be made if were late to work on Tuesday because you rewatched this game?

Nobody is happier we won the Super bowl than me.   But I have this lingering doubt that 8 hours on the NFL Channel plus all the constant exposure might be overdoing it.   I really like it better when we are under the radar.  Reminds me in a way of Joe Namath.   His win in Superbowl III was so overhyped.  And he never got back to the Superbowl again.   Nor did the Jets. I hope the victory laps by the media are over soon.  Mahomes

deserves attention but soon we got to get back to work.  Call me Troy Aikman

43 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Nobody is happier we won the Super bowl than me.   But I have this lingering doubt that 8 hours on the NFL Channel plus all the constant exposure might be overdoing it.   I really like it better when we are under the radar.  Reminds me in a way of Joe Namath.   His win in Superbowl III was so overhyped.  And he never got back to the Superbowl again.   Nor did the Jets. I hope the victory laps by the media are over soon.  Mahomes

deserves attention but soon we got to get back to work.  Call me Troy Aikman

We won the Super Bowl only 16 days ago. Last thing this team needs after playing 5 weeks longer than most everyone else is to get back to work. These guys deserve and need a break.  This isn’t Hank and Lennys Chiefs. There’s very little chance we are done winning playoff games for the next two decades. Let them enjoy it!
I think the NFL Network shows Mahomes because people watch.  

24 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Being a a55 year fan,  I am very very superstitious.   Waited forever for this day and now I really don't know how to deal with this lol.   Thanks for keeping me grounded Mloe.  I'll try to be happy.

Still reminds me of Namath

If anyone on here deserves to simply enjoy it for all those years as a fan it’s you.