Browns cuts..so far

oldtimer

New Sheriff in town cuttn Dorsey's players

Browns cut T.J. Carrie, Demetrius Harris and Eric Kush

f72ec760-04f8-11ea-a7f8-e8aaae9ced4b
Josh Alper
ProFootball Talk on NBC SportsFeb 17, 2020, 11:31 AM

Linebacker Adarius Taylor isn’t the only veteran the Browns are cutting loose on Monday.

Shortly after word of Taylor’s release surfaced, the Browns confirmed it with an announcement that included word of three other moves as well. The team has also released cornerback T.J. Carrie, tight end Demetrius Harris and guard Eric Kush.

Carrie signed a four-year contract in Cleveland in 2018 and started 14 of the 32 games he played over two years with the team. He had 52 tackles, an interception, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery last year.

Harris signed a two-year deal with the team as a free agent last March. He had 15 catches for 149 yards and three touchdowns in 15 games with the Browns. Kush started seven times while appearing in every game for Cleveland last year.

The four moves free up more than $13 million in cap space and leave less than $4 million in dead money for the coming season.

1 minute ago, xen said:

i mean, maybe harris on a vet min.  i have come to terms with the fact that Andy does not like to use multiple TE sets.  While i don't think he offers that much as a pass catcher, he is huge and a good blocker and special teams player.  

he already knows the play book which is a plus

54 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Barf.

Agreed but the 2nd tight end right now is the Belldozer.  He has about the same hands (pretty meh) but is not as good of a blocker or special teamer.   

If Kelce goes down we're fucked at the position anyway.

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Agreed but the 2nd tight end right now is the Belldozer.  He has about the same hands (pretty meh) but is not as good of a blocker or special teamer.   

If Kelce goes down we're fucked at the position anyway.

I know we need to do something.  I'm down for drafting a tight end fairly high.  

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I know we need to do something.  I'm down for drafting a tight end fairly high.  

Team seems highish on Yelder.  Better hands than either.   Not as good of a blocker.  They loved John Lovett before he got hurt and he's coming back, but more of a fullback or h-back type.  If they're not going to run 2 tight end sets they may be better off dumpster diving.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

Team seems highish on Yelder.  Better hands than either.   Not as good of a blocker.  They loved John Lovett before he got hurt and he's coming back, but more of a fullback or h-back type.  If they're not going to run 2 tight end sets they may be better off dumpster diving.

Yeah but Kelce is on the wrong side of 30 and that has been a huge part of our offense.  I’d like to get someone on board to be learning. 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah but Kelce is on the wrong side of 30 and that has been a huge part of our offense.  I’d like to get someone on board to be learning. 

Hey you're preaching to the choir.  I've been on the draft a 2nd tight end train for years.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:27 AM, xen said:

Are there any 4.2 forty type tight ends coming out ? 

On 2/17/2020 at 2:07 PM, oldtimer said:

New Sheriff in town cuttn Dorsey's players

Browns cut T.J. Carrie, Demetrius Harris and Eric Kush

f72ec760-04f8-11ea-a7f8-e8aaae9ced4b
Josh Alper
ProFootball Talk on NBC SportsFeb 17, 2020, 11:31 AM

Linebacker Adarius Taylor isn’t the only veteran the Browns are cutting loose on Monday.

Shortly after word of Taylor’s release surfaced, the Browns confirmed it with an announcement that included word of three other moves as well. The team has also released cornerback T.J. Carrie, tight end Demetrius Harris and guard Eric Kush.

Carrie signed a four-year contract in Cleveland in 2018 and started 14 of the 32 games he played over two years with the team. He had 52 tackles, an interception, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery last year.

Harris signed a two-year deal with the team as a free agent last March. He had 15 catches for 149 yards and three touchdowns in 15 games with the Browns. Kush started seven times while appearing in every game for Cleveland last year.

The four moves free up more than $13 million in cap space and leave less than $4 million in dead money for the coming season.

geez how much more cap space do they need....

48 minutes ago, xen said:

There is a pretty decent crop of day 2 tight ends and some of those will fall to day 3.  Albert O is certainly interesting on day 2 or 3 but I want to see how he tests.

Wonder what hunter injury Henry gets in the open market?

On 2/20/2020 at 11:57 AM, xen said:

There is a pretty decent crop of day 2 tight ends and some of those will fall to day 3.  Albert O is certainly interesting on day 2 or 3 but I want to see how he tests.

Albert O can run routes and catch the ball, but he has the reputation of being a lazy blocker and lacks the ideal attitude.  Don't know if it's true, but if so, he doesn't fit into the Chiefs offense. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Albert O can run routes and catch the ball, but he has the reputation of being a lazy blocker and lacks the ideal attitude.  Don't know if it's true, but if so, he doesn't fit into the Chiefs offense. 

Very few tight ends come into the league as good blockers.  He's a red zone terror though.  I question how athletic he is.  Haven't heard anything about him having a tude.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Very few tight ends come into the league as good blockers.  He's a red zone terror though.  I question how athletic he is.  Haven't heard anything about him having a tude.

" While Okwuegbunam is not a cowardly blocker like some receiving tight ends, Okwuegbunam lacks physicality and doesn't block to his size. Teams also have concerns with his maturity and makeup, so that hurt his draft grade."

The above quote is from Walter Football and only repeats what I read somewhere else that I don't recall.  Doesn't make it true or unfixable but it did catch my attention.  

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

" While Okwuegbunam is not a cowardly blocker like some receiving tight ends, Okwuegbunam lacks physicality and doesn't block to his size. Teams also have concerns with his maturity and makeup, so that hurt his draft grade."

The above quote is from Walter Football and only repeats what I read somewhere else that I don't recall.  Doesn't make it true or unfixable but it did catch my attention.  

Meh Walter Football.  Nuff said.