NFL must of got my letter!

NFLPA executive board sent the new CBA proposal to the players for a full vote.  

I think this gets passed pretty easily.  It only needs a majority vote and the majority of players will do much better with this CBA than the last.  Low end players get big raises and rules changes that help them.  Over half the NFL players fall into this category. 

Top end players get kinda screwed but I guarantee the rank and file are not crying over them.

12 hours ago, mex said:

and there will be PLENTY of that going on with 44% of the NFL making the playoffs. For teams that are good, those extra few games will be just like pre-season games. The starters will play one series, and the backups finish the game. Adding those extra playoff teams defeats the entire purpose of adding extra reg season games. It just moves a few preseason games from August to December.

Can you imagine stadiums in December at a 17th game?  Chiefs clinched, starters sitting, no chance of Mahomes playing, 4 inches of snow on the ground, does arrowhead get 30k to show up?  Oh well, they don't care, the season ticket holders already ate the cost of those tickets anyway, and attendance doesn't mean shit on the tv contract.  The only thing the NFL has going for them in such a scenario is that during the last game the weather is typically so shit cold and shitty in the US that people don't have anything else to do other than tune in to glorified preseason games with backups pretending to play meaningful football.  

16 vs. 17 games isn't going to dramatically change what happens on the last week.  That always varies from year to year.  Sometimes playoff spots and important seeding are in play, sometimes they aren't.

The playoff format change (which as I said, I dislike) also won't change a whole lot.  Teams at the bottom will still be fighting to get into the playoffs.  Teams in the middle of the playoff standings may or may not care about seeding, but it will still be there for anyone who wants to try.  #2 vs. #3 won't be for a bye, but it will still be for HFA in the 2nd round and probably a more favorable opponent.  Etc.

And if we're talking about the calendar, sometimes the 16th game (Week 17 including byes) has already been right in the middle of the holidays or even after New Year's in previous years.  I'm assuming the season will start a week earlier rather than extending a week later, but I could be wrong about that.  And if that's already been reported someone can feel free to correct me.

28 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

And if we're talking about the calendar, sometimes the 16th game (Week 17 including byes) has already been right in the middle of the holidays or even after New Year's in previous years.  I'm assuming the season will start a week earlier rather than extending a week later, but I could be wrong about that.  And if that's already been reported someone can feel free to correct me.

It makes sense that one less pre-season game and one more regular season game would cancel out and the season would start one week earlier. 

20 hours ago, xen said:

NFLPA executive board sent the new CBA proposal to the players for a full vote.  

I think this gets passed pretty easily.  It only needs a majority vote and the majority of players will do much better with this CBA than the last.  Low end players get big raises and rules changes that help them.  Over half the NFL players fall into this category. 

Top end players get kinda screwed but I guarantee the rank and file are not crying over them.

I still think the low end players could get a much better deal out of the whole thing but of course it all depends on how the negotiations have been going so far. Overall the owners look to have favored the low end players to get the deal signed while giving up as little as possible. 

12 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Sounds like they are still messing with how it would work. The season used to start Labor Day weekend but because ratings were always weaker it seems they prefer to stay with the later start date. With two byes and an expanded playoffs the Super Bowl when then be played mid or even late February. 
The new schedule will almost certainly create more of a gap in schedule strength with 1st place teams in the AFC likely playing first place NFC teams and so on although there was some talk about regional matchups. Again though it sounds like they will figure this all out later if approved. Only thing off the table appears to be playing all the extra games Internationally. .. 

• 2 weeks later...