Off season moves

51 minutes ago, Balto said:

Why cut Fish ina couple of years when he has trade value now

Well if someone is willing to take on the contract...sure. Next offseason. I wouldnt move him now. I said 2021, but for some reason people dont see that. All they see is  "RELEASE FISHER IMMEDIATELY, BECAUSE HE IS AWFUL AND OVERPAID." Never said that at all. Releasing him now would leave almost 9 million in dead money.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think resigning  Wiz and letting  him start at center is a dirt cheap way to improve the position and possibly let Allegretti groom another year. Reiter is absolutely pathetic, and I have little doubt Wiz would be an upgrade.

I like the Vaitai signing, but honestly I think we needs LG who can kick out to LT in 2021 when we can release Fisher and save 11 mill. Best way to do that may be to draft one. We can stick Rankin at RG and cut LDT. Free up 5 mill and have a RG with the actual upside that LDT never possessed, yet Dorsey somehow paid him for.

When you really think about that...

LG : Rookie early rd pick who will kick over to LT in 2021

😄 Wiz on a 1 yr w/ a team option for a second yr

RG: Rankins in a rookie contract 

That's away to improve the entire interior for dirt cheap. Thats exciting when we're trying to resign Jones.

I think Senat could be the guy they are looking at to the future.  He has a lot of things you look for in a LT.

We could fill LT next year too. Or drafty a guy like Matt Peart out of Uconn in the 3rd round this year to develop. 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

I think Senat could be the guy they are looking at to the future.  He has a lot of things you look for in a LT.

We could fill LT next year too. Or drafty a guy like Matt Peart out of Uconn in the 3rd round this year to develop. 

You always think that these practice squad, bottom of the roster types are gonna make an impact. 

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You always think that these practice squad, bottom of the roster types are gonna make an impact. 

Well we snagged this guy from Baltimore.  Put him on IR,  not the practice squad, to protect him.  

Im not saying he is the future. Im saying he could be.  I also mentioned grabbing Peart in round 3.

10 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well if someone is willing to take on the contract...sure. Next offseason. I wouldnt move him now. I said 2021, but for some reason people dont see that. All they see is  "RELEASE FISHER IMMEDIATELY, BECAUSE HE IS AWFUL AND OVERPAID." Never said that at all. Releasing him now would leave almost 9 million in dead money.

The Madden approach of fixing everything in a single year is always tempting but in reality 2021 is more likely. No need to open up a hole at OL with so many needs in the interior at a higher priority. Sometimes the smart business decision is overpaying someone for a year due to higher priorities. 

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The Madden approach of fixing everything in a single year is always tempting but in reality 2021 is more likely. No need to open up a hole at OL with so many needs in the interior at a higher priority. Sometimes the smart business decision is overpaying someone for a year due to higher priorities. 

I agree. And that's what they will do this year. Although Veach did one hell of a job fixing our defense in one offseason!

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Look at how Veach has done with  finding these type of players on the cheap. He saw something and saw that Ravens had put him on IR after drafting him in the 6th round in 2018. He came here and was put on IR in November. I wonder if it was the same foot? Something is up that they liked him enough to still pick him up and then promptly put him on IR. He can play LT but most likely a guard for us. A a swing player many here want drafted.

15 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We are the defending champs and trying to rebuild the roster where it’s not necessary right now makes no sense. It’s why I think C Jones will be back. They want back to back Lombardi’s and see it as very possible. 

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Potentially greatest QB of all time, weak interior O line. That’s why we can’t dump our pro bowl LT. You remember him being pummeled when Fish was hurt? Man I don’t won’t no mo of that.

Yep. Re Build this oline from the inside out over the next 2-3 seasons. 

12 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well we also might need to find cheap talent to fill holes.  And hitting on practice squad guys are imperative.  

But whatever

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Well we also might need to find cheap talent to fill holes.  And hitting on practice squad guys are imperative.  

But whatever

I'm not disagreeing with you. You are right. You have to find guys like Charvarious Ward to build a championship roster and sustain one. I just think you have higher expectations in guys that fill out the last couple spots on the roster.

16 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. You are right. You have to find guys like Charvarious Ward to build a championship roster and sustain one. I just think you have higher expectations in guys that fill out the last couple spots on the roster.

What guys am I pushing from the practice squad? I've mentioned Weber or Fortson as potential guys? But isn't that what practice squad is? Potential guys? 

Really how we attack the offseason centers on two things. One is the CBA and the other is whether or not we move on from Chris Jones.  Regardless, we absolutely will not sign Mahomes to a big contract until CBA is done AND new TV deals are secured.  

It will be interesting to see if watkins will redo his deal to something more cap friendly.

Jones will be franchised. Will he hold out. Can chiefs make a deal that makes sense. Does someone give us an offer for him we can't refuse. My gut feeling says he is gone if someone gives us a 1st and 3rd for him.

5 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

Really how we attack the offseason centers on two things. One is the CBA and the other is whether or not we move on from Chris Jones.  Regardless, we absolutely will not sign Mahomes to a big contract until CBA is done AND new TV deals are secured.  

It will be interesting to see if watkins will redo his deal to something more cap friendly.

Jones will be franchised. Will he hold out. Can chiefs make a deal that makes sense. Does someone give us an offer for him we can't refuse. My gut feeling says he is gone if someone gives us a 1st and 3rd for him.

Who would give the Chiefs even a first?  Maybe SEA since it would be a low first, but not many more.  Jones will probably be tagged and play in KC for $16 million then move on.  Too bad.  He's a good player and really helped KC get where they wanted to go.  

On 2/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, Palangi said:

No way should Wilson be cut.  He is our best LB. Hitchens had one more year then he can be cut.  I would like to see DOD play more as the coverage LB. Him and Wilson in the dib packages would be good.  

Sorenson needs top beer on that group of cuts to save money.  I know he made some big plays but he gives up a lot too. And her can be released much easier.  A guy like watts who is already on these team could do what he does. 

As for the offensive line.  We should sign wisnewski to a 1 or 2 year deal,  allowing Allegretti to develop a little more.  Them sign Halapoulivaati Vaitai the big swing tackle from philly.  He is a monster in the run game and would be a really good pass protector in the pass game as a guard. 

LT- Fisher, Senat 

LG- rankins, Wylie 

C- wisnewski, Allegretti 

RG- Vaitai, Wylie 

RT- Schwartz, Barton

I was really wondering when I saw Wilson on the cut list... I thought Wilson played pretty well?  Wasn't he on the field for the most snaps at lb, maybe second to Hitchens?  

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Who would give the Chiefs even a first?  Maybe SEA since it would be a low first, but not many more.  Jones will probably be tagged and play in KC for $16 million then move on.  Too bad.  He's a good player and really helped KC get where they wanted to go.  

Jones is a top 2 interior lineman in the nfl, of course someone would give a first

13 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Jones is a top 2 interior lineman in the nfl, of course someone would give a first

If the Chiefs can get a first for Jones, they should jump at it.  They could draft a starter and shed $16 million of cap space.  Jones is valuable, but I can't think of  team that would pay what the Chiefs did for Clark last year.  As stated earlier, it would probably have to be a late first. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

He's a top 3 talent on the interior.   He's not a flash in the pan he's a force in the tier right below Aaron Donald and is a three down player that is scheme flexible.   If Avg LT are worth a first then Jones is worth at least a 1st and 3rd.   I don't think he's going anywhere though unless someone offers the farm.   

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs can get a first for Jones, they should jump at it.  They could draft a starter and shed $16 million of cap space.  Jones is valuable, but I can't think of  team that would pay what the Chiefs did for Clark last year.  As stated earlier, it would probably have to be a late first. 

Steelers traded their first for Minkah Fitzpatrick even before knowing where they may be in the first round after the bad start they had.

Khalil Mack netted many picks including 2 first round picks.

Jaguars got a 1st from the Rams for Ramsey.

Dolphins got 1st round pick from Texans for Tunsil

That is just off the top of my head from the last 2 years not including our trade for Clark. If some of these guys can get 1st round picks in a trade, I think Jones can too.

44 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He's a top 3 talent on the interior.   He's not a flash in the pan he's a force in the tier right below Aaron Donald and is a three down player that is scheme flexible.   If Avg LT are worth a first then Jones is worth at least a 1st and 3rd.   I don't think he's going anywhere though unless someone offers the farm.   

Exactly I think Jones is a 1st and a 3rd to start. He is a top tier interior player.  And a tip topper pass rusher.  

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Steelers traded their first for Minkah Fitzpatrick even before knowing where they may be in the first round after the bad start they had.

Khalil Mack netted many picks including 2 first round picks.

Jaguars got a 1st from the Rams for Ramsey.

Dolphins got 1st round pick from Texans for Tunsil

That is just off the top of my head from the last 2 years not including our trade for Clark. If some of these guys can get 1st round picks in a trade, I think Jones can too.

Chris Jones is rated as the #2 Free Agent this off season, 

My point is that teams will give a first if they're drafting in the bottom third AND if they have plenty of cap space.  It's not just giving up a first, it's getting a long term deal with Jones that's equivalent to Clark's contract.  That narrows down the possibilities quite a bit.  It has to be a team that feels they have a shot at the SB in the next few years like KC and CHI were when they gave up their firsts. 

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My point is that teams will give a first if they're drafting in the bottom third AND if they have plenty of cap space.  It's not just giving up a first, it's getting a long term deal with Jones that's equivalent to Clark's contract.  That narrows down the possibilities quite a bit.  It has to be a team that feels they have a shot at the SB in the next few years like KC and CHI were when they gave up their firsts. 

Another thing to consider is how each team evaluates each  particular draft. The Chiefs only gave 1st round grades to about 16-20 guys last year so moving out of 29 was much easier to do. 
This year according to Brett Veach there’s 10-12 more players they are likely to give a first round grade too.  

Hmmm Jags biggest need is DT and they will have a estimate $45M in cap space.  They also have two 1st round picks.  They also need a better OL help

Trade #1:

Jags get:

Chris Jones

Chiefs get:

#8 overall

Trade #2:

Jags get:

Chris Jones

Eric Fisher

Chiefs get:

#8 overall 

#20 Overall