Off season moves

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Hmmm Jags biggest need is DT and they will have a estimate $45M in cap space.  They also have two 1st round picks.  They also need a better OL help

Trade #1:

Jags get:

Chris Jones

Chiefs get:

#8 overall

Trade #2:

Jags get:

Chris Jones

Eric Fisher

Chiefs get:

#8 overall 

#20 Overall

I could see them giving up their 20 and a 3rd but we ain’t getting that 8 and losing our LT and best interior Dlineman for 8 and 20 just means we have to hit on both picks and while Eric Fisher isn’t Willie Roaf he’s a good LT that we can count on.  Time will come when we have to take that risk but we don’t need to nor should we take that risk when we are trying to run this thing back.   

29 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I could see them giving up their 20 and a 3rd but we ain’t getting that 8 and losing our LT and best interior Dlineman for 8 and 20 just means we have to hit on both picks and while Eric Fisher isn’t Willie Roaf he’s a good LT that we can count on.  Time will come when we have to take that risk but we don’t need to nor should we take that risk when we are trying to run this thing back.   

No we wouldn't HAVE TO HIT...the saved cap space would allow for vet signing to fill the gap

1 hour ago, Balto said:

No we wouldn't HAVE TO HIT...the saved cap space would allow for vet signing to fill the gap

Eric Fisher has 9 million in Dead Cap this year if he is moved. So we lose our LT who we went undefeated with and save only 5 million on the CAP? Thats nuts. Nobodys giving up a top ten pick for Jones either and he is worth it. 

23 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lol Jags are cutting or trading high priced players just to get cap space. I cant see them taking on bigger contracts now.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/12/23/21021307/which-players-cap-casualties-jaguars-2020

but that just means that they can afford Fish & Jones by making those cuts.. dont you see that?

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Eric Fisher has 9 million in Dead Cap this year if he is moved. So we lose our LT who we went undefeated with and save only 5 million on the CAP? Thats nuts. Nobodys giving up a top ten pick for Jones either and he is worth it. 

If you can get a 1st for him yes it’s worth it.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Lol Jags are cutting or trading high priced players just to get cap space. I cant see them taking on bigger contracts now.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/12/23/21021307/which-players-cap-casualties-jaguars-2020

Like all 32 teams.....cutting bad contract!  

Jags are estimated to have about $45M in space to play with.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

If you can get a 1st for him yes it’s worth it.

He’s 29. If he’s good enough to get a first rounder from someone else (he’s not). Why not just keep him for 5 more years? There’s no reason at all to even consider trading him unless he’s not good enough.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'd be pretty hesitant to give up Fisher without an experienced back up.  We saw what it was like when Erving was in last season and even a top ten rookie isn't going to be great protection for Mahomes until he get some time in. 

The team was not looking in sync with Fish out.

I guess thats where we disagree.... I just don't think Fisher is worth Top tier LT money.  No I don't  think he is as good as most think.

Yes there would still be dead money if moved but if we can get a first for him and get his replacement NOW for cheaper than what it would cost to keep him!  Plus if we wait till next year he will be on a expiring contract and his trade value will not be as great being 30+ vs under 30 this off season.

Or Hell I guess just resign him making him one of the highest paid tackles in the NFL ERRRRRRRRRR

14 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Why trade Fish? Good players cost money and finding a good LT isn't as easy anymore the last 5+ years. I'd rather pay a premium for a known quantity and keep Pat upright versus bring in an unknown and have a Cam Erving experience.  

Creating a bunch of cap room doesn't necessarily create solutions. 

I honestly think the BIG OL money needs to be thrown at the interior vs tackles.  Seems teams are rushing more and more up the middle and I'd say Pats strengths is avoiding the outside rush.  Get young cheap early round tackles and bulk up the interior with proven vets would be my path.

Now I will say that Fisher's stats per PFF gave him one of the best ranked LTs from week 11 on last season BUT overall for THIS year was pretty avg at best.  With him performing well at the end of the season and playoffs is why I say his value will never be higher and now is the time to SELL SELL SELL

We are 4th in the NFL is OL cap space at about $46M!

1st in the NFL:  For Tackle cap space at about $32M!!!!

18th in the NFL:  For Guard cap space at about $10M, and if you do not count LDT....WOW we are like last in spending

21st in the NFL: For Center cap space at about $4M

With spending the most money at tackle in the NFL we should agree that we have the best bookends in the league and while I'd argue that we have the best RT, Schwartz is still hitting the books for about $5M less than Fisher is! 

Again I'd just like to see a shift to the interior because it seems Mahomes is elite at avoiding outside pressure and making plays, but when the interior collapses is when teams can get to him.

So my plan would be to trade Fisher...Use that pick or one of our early picks on Fisher's replacement.  Send LDT packing....Go out and sign a couple of very good vet interior OL guys while also signing a very very good swing tackle.

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Balto hows it feel to be barking at the moon all by yourself? I'm sure your used to it by now but no one is buying your snake oil..maybe you should find another windmill to chase..pancho-and-don-quixote-windmills.jpg?w=650Fish aint going nowhere not next year  for sure.

Damn that was funny.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Balto hows it feel to be barking at the moon all by yourself? I'm sure your used to it by now but no one is buying your snake oil..maybe you should find another windmill to chase..pancho-and-don-quixote-windmills.jpg?w=650Fish aint going nowhere not next year  for sure.

I actually think a lot oh YOU overrate Fisher too. 

Buy way top broad brush everyone else with your thought. 

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I actually think a lot oh YOU overrate Fisher too. 

Buy way top broad brush everyone else with your thought. 

"Buy way top broad brush"

Smdh

I don't think anyone's overvaluing Fish.  He's pretty average.  Average is ok.  I think they just realize it's a hard position to replace, so why create issues for yourself.  His contract is not out of whack.  It's currently the 13th biggest LT contract.  Sounds about right for an average vet on a second contract.

If they really wanted out they'd draft his replacement this year, stash him at guard for a year, and cut fish next year when they can save 11+ mil against the cap.

I think they probably just roll with him.  Expect am extension instead if they need cap relief.

11 minutes ago, xen said:

"Buy way top broad brush"

Smdh

I don't think anyone's overvaluing Fish.  He's pretty average.  Average is ok.  I think they just realize it's a hard position to replace, so why create issues for yourself.  His contract is not out of whack.  It's currently the 13th biggest LT contract.  Sounds about right for an average vet on a second contract.

If they really wanted out they'd draft his replacement this year, stash him at guard for a year, and cut fish next year when they can save 11+ mil against the cap.

I think they probably just roll with him.  Expect am extension instead if they need cap relief.

🤣🤣🤣 He doesnt check what he types, he just hits submit. I'd love to see what a text conversation between him and kkuehn would look like. 

" I are football vacuum teresa on last stance."

" Oodles pinot grigio tom on sale sushi wagon".

The savings is not there to cut him this year. I will say one point, Fish was a former overall 1st pick. It is a crap shoot to think a low end 1st rounder would come in and replace him and do as well or better right away.

It takes time to get settled in the NFL and to not have a guy developing behind Fisher is asking for trouble imo. I know, sometimes a guy does well his first year etc but a chance I don't want to take with Mahomes blind side.

Next year we can see if he wants to renegotiate or move if need be. I think we need a good G in FA or C and draft then the other. Allegretti and others we have now need to show something this year.

Hell, maybe Rankins and such has and we dont know how they view them at G or even C.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

🤣🤣🤣 He doesnt check what he types, he just hits submit. I'd love to see what a text conversation between him and kkuehn would look like. 

" I are football vacuum teresa on last stance."

" Oodles pinot grigio tom on sale sushi wagon".

Kkuenn......at least get the name right. No H in there.....smdh

I also type a lot from my phone. Out in the field etc. I dont always catch the space bar or such for the words. I clean it up when i can though 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

I found it ironic is all lol. Not mad! Hard to tell in post but i thought it was funny for pointing it out.

Nah I didnt figure you were. Weve all talked Chiefs for a long time. Too long to get upset about little stuff. Honestly I think peoples unedited posts are hysterical. Text, FB, wherever. Some of the shit our phones predict is ridiculous.