Mahomes tossing balls to Dez

Would like you know what Pat thinks about his ability.  Would he do a one year prove it deal and is there any chance he could find his form.  He was a great wr a few years back.   Personal opinion is he’s probably washed up and done and Mahomes is doing him a solid by bringing attention to his workout .

Reports were good with Saints before he went down.  If healed up I don’t know why he wouldn’t serve as a nice vet WR.  Honestly If Watkins is cut/traded I think getting a healthy Dez on a 1 year cheap deal would be the best we could hope for.  

Hill, Hardman and Dez with cheap/young guys mixed in would be fine

20 minutes ago, Balto said:

Reports were good with Saints before he went down.  If healed up I don’t know why he wouldn’t serve as a nice vet WR.  Honestly If Watkins is cut/traded I think getting a healthy Dez on a 1 year cheap deal would be the best we could hope for.  

Hill, Hardman and Dez with cheap/young guys mixed in would be fine

His ego would not allow it nor would the vet salary minimum 

32 minutes ago, Balto said:

Last year he signed for just above the vet min 1 year deal with Saints.  Why would this year be any different?  

Dez is on Twitter basically begging for workouts and a job. I've got no problem bringing him in for a workout and he was an average WR before he tore his achilles. Now? Just seems very unlikely he can help especially as slow as he looks. But again no risk in taking a look. One thing we are absolutely going to have to take advantage of going forward are the 1 year vets willing to come here cheaper HUNGRY for a ring. 

2 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I agree and would totally move him to TE/Slot.  I'm imagining Hill/Hardman on the outsides stretching the field while Kelce/Dez wreak havok in the middle together.  

Understand your point. But looking like a tight end and actually being able to play TE are completely different issues. 

21 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I agree and would totally move him to TE/Slot.  I'm imagining Hill/Hardman on the outsides stretching the field while Kelce/Dez wreak havok in the middle together.  

Didn't really work well when they tried with Kelvin Benjamin. Doesn't mean that it won't work as Dez is a huge target and having Mahomes throw to you is a whole other story but an agile natural TE might definitely be better. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Didn't really work well when they tried with Kelvin Benjamin. Doesn't mean that it won't work as Dez is a huge target and having Mahomes throw to you is a whole other story but an agile natural TE might definitely be better. 

In fairness, Dez could be in a full body cast and still have a better chance at catching passes than Kelvin Benjamin...

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

In fairness, Dez could be in a full body cast and still have a better chance at catching passes than Kelvin Benjamin...

At least has better hands but I still want us to actually invest at a TE. We have a great one and basically nothing else.