The Combine thread

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Never heard of him, but looking at his college stats he seems to have injury issues.  3 games played in each of his last two seasons is a little scary.

He was injured in 2016 too.  

I actually like him as a zone blocker for our system, but all those injuries should push him to day 3 imo, where we don't have a pick.  If the injuries are behind him some team may even get a steal.

3rd round based on ability.  Injuries drop him to day 3 for me.  Lisfranc and achilles.

List of players the chiefs met or contacted at the combine for OL and RB.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/26/kansas-city-chiefs-combine-formal-informal-interview-tracker-2020-nfl-scouting-combine-offensive-line-running-backs/

The Kansas City Chiefs have started to meet with a new wave of draft prospects at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. This time it was the offensive line and running backs.

Informally, the coaching staff and front office are allowed to meet with as many of the 337 prospects as they want. These are usually quick 15-minute conversations with a scout or position coach.

Formally, teams are only permitted to interview a total of 45 prospects. These interviews are highly-structured and a sitdown meeting with multiple members of the organization. Keep in mind that with the new combine schedule implemented this year, many players won’t take formal interviews with teams until after the media interviews.

If the last two seasons are any indication, a lot of the players that get formal meetings with Kansas City could end up on the roster. Six players the Chiefs met with formally at the combine ended up drafted by the team, with three in 2018 and another three in 2019. Check out the full list of meetings from the OL and RB group down below:

* — indicates a formal meeting is scheduled

Player & Position School Interview Type
OG Ben Bredeson Michigan Informal
OT Charlie Heck UNC Informal
OT Yasir Durant Mizzou Informal
OG Robert Hunt Louisiana-Lafayette Formal
OG Jon Runyan Michigan Informal
RB Ke’Shawn Vaughm Vanderbilt Informal
RB Darius “Jet” Anderson TCU Both
RB Anthony McFarland Maryland Both
RB Zack Moss Utah Formal
RB Lamical Perine Florida Both

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

List of players the chiefs met or contacted at the combine for OL and RB.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/26/kansas-city-chiefs-combine-formal-informal-interview-tracker-2020-nfl-scouting-combine-offensive-line-running-backs/

The Kansas City Chiefs have started to meet with a new wave of draft prospects at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. This time it was the offensive line and running backs.

Informally, the coaching staff and front office are allowed to meet with as many of the 337 prospects as they want. These are usually quick 15-minute conversations with a scout or position coach.

Formally, teams are only permitted to interview a total of 45 prospects. These interviews are highly-structured and a sitdown meeting with multiple members of the organization. Keep in mind that with the new combine schedule implemented this year, many players won’t take formal interviews with teams until after the media interviews.

If the last two seasons are any indication, a lot of the players that get formal meetings with Kansas City could end up on the roster. Six players the Chiefs met with formally at the combine ended up drafted by the team, with three in 2018 and another three in 2019. Check out the full list of meetings from the OL and RB group down below:

* — indicates a formal meeting is scheduled

Player & Position School Interview Type
OG Ben Bredeson Michigan Informal
OT Charlie Heck UNC Informal
OT Yasir Durant Mizzou Informal
OG Robert Hunt Louisiana-Lafayette Formal
OG Jon Runyan Michigan Informal
RB Ke’Shawn Vaughm Vanderbilt Informal
RB Darius “Jet” Anderson TCU Both
RB Anthony McFarland Maryland Both
RB Zack Moss Utah Formal
RB Lamical Perine Florida Both

The fact that the Chiefs are interested in Robert Hunt is interesting.  He seems to be a stud that would probably play OG but could become a long term solution at OT down the road.  Grades pretty highly but that has to be adjusted for playing lesser competition.  Might be available in the third, but probably will be gone by the end of the third round.  Does anyone have info on the guy or seen him play?   Moss is the only RB that has me interested. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

The fact that the Chiefs are interested in Robert Hunt is interesting.  He seems to be a stud that would probably play OG but could become a long term solution at OT down the road.  Grades pretty highly but that has to be adjusted for playing lesser competition.  Might be available in the third, but probably will be gone by the end of the third round.  Does anyone have info on the guy or seen him play?   Moss is the only RB that has me interested. 

I really like Perine as a day 3 guy. 

7 hours ago, SEMO said:

I really like Perine as a day 3 guy. 

Yeah, he'd probably be available in the fourth or fifth round.  The fact that the Chiefs aren't interviewing the top RB names should put to rest all the talking heads saying the Chiefs will go RB early to replace Hunt.  

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, he'd probably be available in the fourth or fifth round.  The fact that the Chiefs aren't interviewing the top RB names should put to rest all the talking heads saying the Chiefs will go RB early to replace Hunt.  

maybe just maybe  the Chiefs will replace Hunt with Hunt?..Not like a wish or anything but until Hunt signs with a different team  I'm saying its a possibility

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe just maybe  the Chiefs will replace Hunt with Hunt?..Not like a wish or anything but until Hunt signs with a different team  I'm saying its a possibility

It's hard to imagine the Chiefs bringing Hunt back in.  It would be like remarrying your ex after divorcing her for her infidelity.  Best to move on. 

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's hard to imagine the Chiefs bringing Hunt back in.  It would be like remarrying your ex after divorcing her for her infidelity.  Best to move on. 

yea agreed but that has happened..dont you watch Jerry Springer or Maury??? lol

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Cleveland will tender him, so it would cost us a pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-kareem-hunt-getting-rfa-tender/amp/

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The way he completely disrespected and lied to Eric Bienemy, I can't see any way Andy would ever bring him back. That said the Browns said they intend to tender him. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Shit, my wifes parents got married and divorced twice. To eachother. I dont call them my in laws because I dont care for either of them. But it does happen. 

I know several people who have done this. And it didn't work for either. Really an odd thing to do minus some type of addiction or something that one of the parties has recovered from.