The Combine thread

3 interior lineman to watch. 

Jake Hanson- I was on him early.  He is very good and had good size at 6'4" 303. Played center at Oregon.  Strength was a question on him, but he definitely helped his cause by doing 33 reps on the bench

John Simpson- OG from Clemson very good size seems to have cut some bad weight. Did 34 reps on the bench

Saahdiq Charles- I know here played LT at LSU but he came into the combine at 6'4"321. Which 20lbs heavier than his listed playing weight.  He could be a very nice moving guard in or zone scheme with size and strength to move people

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Interested to see some of the OL guys like Hakeem Adeniji, Cameron Clark and Throckmorton. All can play OT/G.

Also RBs like Moss and Akers.

Throckmorton has game reps at center as well. And the word is Adenji has been working center in the offseason

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

I didn't think he was any more than a 3rd rounder anyway.  Way overhyped.

His stock has plummeted the last couple months. Was the consensus top center in the nation to now looking like a guy who could last until rd 3. Had some bad tape this year I guess? Doesnt sound like a good scheme fit for us either from what I read.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

My draft crush is this WR/RB from Memphis. Guy played limited RB this yr too. Ran a 4.39 at 6'0" 229. Sounds like he has real upside and explosiveness at RB. Anyone watched him play? Any idea what rd he might go? 

Antonio Gibson.   Only has 34 career rushing attempts and looks like a developmental slot according the nfl.com bio.   I'm down in the later rounds but hard to imagine a 4.39 guy lasting until the 4th.   At this point we don't need developmental wr's in the first 3 rounds, we need someone to step in right away and push Mecole if we are going to use a pick in the first 3 rounds at wr.   Unless Veach finds a way to keep Watkins, Jones and give Mahomes that new deal then sign me up for a high upside developmental guy.

Please dont draft a guy just because of his speed. Our scouts have done an amazing job as we have had good picks. I do not want to become like the Raiders were in picking every fast combine guy and watching them bust because they fell in love with the 40 time. Man they would over reach way to high in those last years of Al Davis.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Antonio Gibson.   Only has 34 career rushing attempts and looks like a developmental slot according the nfl.com bio.   I'm down in the later rounds but hard to imagine a 4.39 guy lasting until the 4th.   At this point we don't need developmental wr's in the first 3 rounds, we need someone to step in right away and push Mecole if we are going to use a pick in the first 3 rounds at wr.   Unless Veach finds a way to keep Watkins, Jones and give Mahomes that new deal then sign me up for a high upside developmental guy.

Yeah I was talking about him at RB. I have no interest in drafting a receiver early. The same bio you are referencing talks about his upside as a RB. He is working out with the WR group, but I think he may get drafted as a RB. 

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Please dont draft a guy just because of his speed. Our scouts have done an amazing job as we have had good picks. I do not want to become like the Raiders were in picking every fast combine guy and watching them bust because they fell in love with the 40 time. Man they would over reach way to high in those last years of Al

This WR class is ridiculously deep.  No need to reach for a receiver but I do think we'll draft one to develop.  Could get a 2nd round talent in the 4th this year.  

23 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah I was talking about him at RB. I have no interest in drafting a receiver early. The same bio you are referencing talks about his upside as a RB. He is working out with the WR group, but I think he may get drafted as a RB. 

I have no interest in taking a RB project  that early either .. that being said that is Jamal Charles speed with 30 more pounds

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How early? I'd be ok with rd 3.

eeeh I'm not draft guy but a project  when we have soo many other pressing needs  a 3rd seems  to me needs to be a mid season meaningful playing time guy .. from what I have seen he's not quite that guy