The Combine thread

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

eeeh I'm not draft guy but a project  when we have soo many other pressing needs  a 3rd seems  to me needs to be a mid season meaningful playing time guy .. from what I have seen he's not quite that guy

Personally I think RB is the position where an athletes natural gifts allow them to contribute faster than any other. 

DB interviews so far

Player & Position School Interview Type
CB Kristian Fulton LSU *Formal
CB Jeff Gladney TCU *Formal
CB Jaylon Johnson Utah Formal
CB Trevon Diggs Alabama *Formal
CB AJ Terrell Clemson Formal
CB Reggie Robinson II Tulsa Informal
CB Bryce Hall Virginia Informal
CB AJ Green Oklahoma State Formal
CB Noah Igbenoghene Auburn Informal
S Terrell Burgess Utah Informal
S Geno Stone Iowa Informal
S K’Von Wallace Clemson Informa

Kid I been watching some film on... Amik Robertson CB from LA Tech.  Tiny corner that just lays the wood.  Love this kid.  Also his Twitter background is HB, lol.

The receiver on this play is 8 inches taller and 40 to 50 pounds heavier and they had him shadowing the guy all game long.  Crazy tenacious.

1080x360

His twitter background

56 minutes ago, xen said:

Kid I been watching some film on... Amik Robertson CB from LA Tech.  Tiny corner that just lays the wood.  Love this kid.  Also his Twitter background is HB, lol.

The receiver on this play is 8 inches taller and 40 to 50 pounds heavier and they had him shadowing the guy all game long.  Crazy tenacious.

1080x360

His twitter background

just say no to 5'9" corners...shorter than my wife...see Mighty Mouse other teams put a 6' 1" WR on him and roasted us. That one clip means nothing QB was stupid trowing to that Pussy WR.. Texas sucked last year

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

just say no to 5'9" corners...shorter than my wife...see Mighty Mouse other teams put a 6' 1" WR on him and roasted us. That one clip means nothing QB was stupid trowing to that Pussy WR.. Texas sucked last year

We already have a nickel.  But watched this kid consistently own bigger receivers.  I have no problem with his size, he's a matchup corner and a tone setter on D.

1 hour ago, xen said:

We already have a nickel.  But watched this kid consistently own bigger receivers.  I have no problem with his size, he's a matchup corner and a tone setter on D.

I see both sides of this argument.  Do you want teams throwing fades in the end zone all the time?  That would be my concern.  He's good at disrupting routes, but one missed jam, and his size becomes a huge factor.  It all depends on where he's at in the draft.  He's gotta be a 4th or 5th rounder with that size, right>?

2 hours ago, xen said:

DB interviews so far

Player & Position School Interview Type
CB Kristian Fulton LSU *Formal
CB Jeff Gladney TCU *Formal
CB Jaylon Johnson Utah Formal
CB Trevon Diggs Alabama *Formal
CB AJ Terrell Clemson Formal
CB Reggie Robinson II Tulsa Informal
CB Bryce Hall Virginia Informal
CB AJ Green Oklahoma State Formal
CB Noah Igbenoghene Auburn Informal
S Terrell Burgess Utah Informal
S Geno Stone Iowa Informal
S K’Von Wallace Clemson Informa

Little chance that Fulton or Diggs will be available at #32.  Johnson, Gladney, and Terrell should be there and I'm warming to Jaylon Johnson.  Does Bryce Hall have injury issues?  The Chiefs will certainly need to take a CB in the first or second round.  They need an instant starter. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

I see both sides of this argument.  Do you want teams throwing fades in the end zone all the time?  That would be my concern.  He's good at disrupting routes, but one missed jam, and his size becomes a huge factor.  It all depends on where he's at in the draft.  He's gotta be a 4th or 5th rounder with that size, right>?

Yeah at that size I wouldn't pull the trigger until later.  I'm not even advocating we draft him.  He's just fun to watch.  

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Little chance that Fulton or Diggs will be available at #32.  Johnson, Gladney, and Terrell should be there and I'm warming to Jaylon Johnson.  Does Bryce Hall have injury issues?  The Chiefs will certainly need to take a CB in the first or second round.  They need an instant starter. 

I'm not that high on Jaylon Johnson.  I think he'll struggle in our zone coverages.  Good press guy though.  

If Bryce Hall didn't have injury issues we wouldnt have a shot at drafting him.  Like that kid.

Anyone hear Mayock say tonight he was hoping Josh Jacobs would run a bad 40 time last year? Speaks volumes about how teams will just throw out some of these performances that we think are so important. They know they like the player and don’t care.