The Combine thread

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Anyone hear Mayock say tonight he was hoping Josh Jacobs would run a bad 40 time last year? Speaks volumes about how teams will just throw out some of these performances that we think are so important. They know they like the player and don’t care. 

Also says to me that some teams value these performances quite bit. They knew that his 40 time alone would affect his draft status.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Also says to me that some teams value these performances quite bit. They knew that his 40 time alone would affect his draft status.

No doubt. But maybe better said teams can at times overvalue a 40 time.  Speed certainly does matter but not as much as good film evaluation from scouts. 

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

No doubt. But maybe better said teams can at times overvalue a 40 time.  Speed certainly does matter but not as much as good film evaluation from scouts. 

Agreed. I love watching the 40 times regardless. But game speed is different than straight line speed. And on par with that Clyde Edwards Helaire ran a 4.61 yesterday. If this kid somehow made it to us in rd 3 I'd be ecstatic. Outside the big 3 ( Taylor, Swift, Dobbins) hes the guy I like most at RB in this draft. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agreed. I love watching the 40 times regardless. But game speed is different than straight line speed. And on par with that Clyde Edwards Helaire ran a 4.61 yesterday. If this kid somehow made it to us in rd 3 I'd be ecstatic. Outside the big 3 ( Taylor, Swift, Dobbins) hes the guy I like most at RB in this draft. 

Hell if Helaire is there at the end of the 3rd I'll submit the card for them.  Don't care so much about his 40 time.  His SEC tape is great.  Complimentary game to what we already have as well.

48 minutes ago, xen said:

Hell if Helaire is there at the end of the 3rd I'll submit the card for them.  Don't care so much about his 40 time.  His SEC tape is great.  Complimentary game to what we already have as well.

Yep. Can’t measure heart and effort. He’s a stud.

Updated list of players who have met with Chiefs

Cornerbacks

Defensive linemen

Linebackers

Offensive linemen

Running backs

Tight ends

Wide receivers

On 2/28/2020 at 10:35 PM, xen said:

I'm not that high on Jaylon Johnson.  I think he'll struggle in our zone coverages.  Good press guy though.  

If Bryce Hall didn't have injury issues we wouldnt have a shot at drafting him.  Like that kid.

Surprised we haven't interviewed Cameron Dantzler.   

On 2/28/2020 at 10:50 PM, Mloe68 said:

Anyone hear Mayock say tonight he was hoping Josh Jacobs would run a bad 40 time last year? Speaks volumes about how teams will just throw out some of these performances that we think are so important. They know they like the player and don’t care. 

I think a horrible time might affect their decision maybe but it doesn't surprise me a gm hoped a guy they liked did poorly at the combine and might drop some.   I wouldn't want Jonathan Taylor because they work their backs at Wisconsin like rented mules.  

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Isaiah Simmins 4.39. Kenneth Murray 4.51. Patrick Queen 4.51.

Both Murray and Queen came up with Hammies on thier 2nd runs.  Hope it’s enough to drop one to us

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hope what's enough? Not being able to do the on field drills? Being injury prone? Is a pulled hamstring the type of thing that would change a players future outlook? 

That it’s enough to drop them a few slots they are still on the board for us.  Guys have dropped down draft boards for smaller things

Cam Dantzler ran a 4.64 today which is pretty shocking.   Maybe he could fall to our 2nd round pick.  Love this kids and hope he's a Chief.  Dude is like the only guy that didn't get burned by LSU or Alabama receivers this year. 

What about Chase Claypool at TE? Saw it said on NFL network  but he also could be our guy for possession reciever. Big guy as a WR with 

HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ARMS
6' 4"
238 lbs
32 1/2”
HANDS
9 7/8”

A 4.42 40 and 40.5 inch vert.

Claypool might make a really good replacement for Watkins.  Has decent speed and certainly is big enough to be a red zone and possession guy.  It's not certain if he can learn to block like at TE, but he seems willing to try according to his interviews.  Having that 40 time after bulking up to appear as a possible TE, will shoot him up the board.