Tag Chris Jones

Just now, kkuenn said:

Or a 1st and player this year and 3rd next year? Fill in a hole as we did with Smith trade with us getting a Fuller type player?

Not a bad idea. Wouldn't mind just a 1st this year if we get a Fuller-type guy in the mix (decent upside on a rookie deal). 

39 minutes ago, Chiefsfaninbuf said:

Pay the man! They got it.

If they do, can they pay Mahomes?  I'm certainly not a capologist, but we all can do the math and the only way everything works is if the cap goes up dramatically.  With the country shutting down for  while, the big TV deal may not be so big. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If they do, can they pay Mahomes?  I'm certainly not a capologist, but we all can do the math and the only way everything works is if the cap goes up dramatically.  With the country shutting down for  while, the big TV deal may not be so big. 

Why not just extend Mahomes next season? I never understood what the rush is all about. We exercise his 5th year option.....and pay Jones now.

1 minute ago, ChiefThunder said:

Why not just extend Mahomes next season? I never understood what the rush is all about. We exercise his 5th year option.....and pay Jones now.

I think I'd do the same, but I'd only pay Jones the tag rate this year and tag him again next year and trade him. Let's go for the repeat

1 hour ago, kccrow said:

The way trades are going down, I'm thinking a haul is in order for Chris Jones. Hell, we could probably get more than a bag of peanuts for Watkins at this point too. 

Who do you see as potential traders for Jones?  TPA?  Does Watkins have much trade value since he'll want to get paid after the $7 million from the Chiefs expires after this season?  Lots of promising receivers in the draft at much lower cost.