Projected Cap space

This will allow kc to keep him. And they should. He’s one of the best defenders in all of football. Inside pressure is immeasurable. 
With the cap number, and the real mvp, the chiefs will be UNSTOPPABLE. There would be no one Kc couldn’t sign or away lure.

the league should be concerned about this. Kc could go New England. And probably will.

what a great time to be chiefs fans. This is what it’s like on the other side..

Just now, Calichief said:

This will allow kc to keep him. And they should. He’s one of the best defenders in all of football. Inside pressure is immeasurable. 
With the cap number, and the real mvp, the chiefs will be UNSTOPPABLE. There would be no one Kc couldn’t sign or away lure.

the league should be concerned about this. Kc could go New England. And probably will.

what a great time to be chiefs fans. This is what it’s like on the other side..

If I could like my own post, I’d give myself a dozen likes for that one.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Not everyone will spend the max. This does matter. IMO

Position specific hard caps are a bad idea and the union would never go for it.  It doesnt solve any issues either.  Maybe if y'all figure out what problem this idea is trying to solve we can come up with a better idea.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Position specific hard caps are a bad idea and the union would never go for it.  It doesnt solve any issues either.  Maybe if y'all figure out what problem this idea is trying to solve we can come up with a better idea.

Sorry little confusion there. I wasn’t referring to hard caps at positions. I was referring to just because the cap goes up for everyone, doesn’t mean everyone will always spend the max. 

15 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Sorry little confusion there. I wasn’t referring to hard caps at positions. I was referring to just because the cap goes up for everyone, doesn’t mean everyone will always spend the max. 

Gotcha.  I was only talking bout Baltos idea.

Ervings contract option not going to be picked up. Gives us 3.2 million additional cap space. 19.2 million now and enough for the tag on Jones. Also at the end of this article they project an additional 10 million in cap once the CBA is done. We still can make many more moves and get more cap easily too.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/2/29/21158985/report-chiefs-to-release-offensive-lineman-cameron-erving

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Ervings contract option not going to be picked up. Gives us 3.2 million additional cap space. 19.2 million now and enough for the tag on Jones. Also at the end of this article they project an additional 10 million in cap once the CBA is done. We still can make many more moves and get more cap easily too.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/2/29/21158985/report-chiefs-to-release-offensive-lineman-cameron-erving

This was a no brainer

17 hours ago, kkuenn said:

If true we are in a good position to sign Jones and still can make cap space too if we want to go after more FA or resign our own. Also why Veach seemed to know to wait on Mahomes. Hell maybe Jones plays on the tag this year.

If they do sign Jones it'll be the classic Veach move of having Jones at a low cap number in 2020 and then increasing that number down the line.

I won't be surprised if the Chiefs shop Jones around as well. At minimum I would take a 1st and a 3rd in this year's draft, but would hope we could get a 1st and 2nd.

Mahomes' deal won't be done until next year IMO and it'll be the same thing.

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

If they do sign Jones it'll be the classic Veach move of having Jones at a low cap number in 2020 and then increasing that number down the line.

I won't be surprised if the Chiefs shop Jones around as well. At minimum I would take a 1st and a 3rd in this year's draft, but would hope we could get a 1st and 2nd.

one would hope thats Veach's minimum deal

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Depends on who acquires Jones.  A first from SEA is worth a lot less than one from IND.  A first and third would give the Chiefs an opportunity to grab a starting CB and LB in the first and go shopping for IOL on the second day and still hit WR or TE or RB.  As much as I like what Jones has brought to the Chiefs, it won't be all bad if they tag and trade.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Depends on who acquires Jones.  A first from SEA is worth a lot less than one from IND.  A first and third would give the Chiefs an opportunity to grab a starting CB and LB in the first and go shopping for IOL on the second day and still hit WR or TE or RB.  As much as I like what Jones has brought to the Chiefs, it won't be all bad if they tag and trade.

agreed if they can trade into a top 15&47 ish pick

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Does the new CBA not act like the current one were teams must spend like 90% cap space or something ?

If rosters don’t expand that extra cap money means all players will just be getting raises.....not the ability to sign more elite players

Don't think much will change besides ALL players getting raises /shrug

5 hours ago, Balto said:

Does the new CBA not act like the current one were teams must spend like 90% cap space or something ?

If rosters don’t expand that extra cap money means all players will just be getting raises.....not the ability to sign more elite players

Don't think much will change besides ALL players getting raises /shrug

The cap floor is an average over multiple seasons.  I believe the average formula would drop 1 year from the equation in the new CBA so would be the average of 3 years instead of 4.

Trai Turner reportedly being shopped.

Be nice to see what Veach does. Some good interior OL in FA and trades. Man the cap space we can create....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/trai-turner-reportedly-being-shopped-by-panthers-guard-has-made-five-straight-pro-bowls/

It may be wise for the Carolina Panthers to put a giant "under construction" sign right in front of Bank of America Stadium. No, not because they are going to overhaul the facility itself, but because of the complete retooling of the roster that is currently taking place. 

We first saw the franchise begin to change its masthead with the firing of longtime head coach Ron Rivera in the midst of last season. Since then, Matt Rhule has been hired to take his place, but there have been a number of familiar faces heading out the door. Greg Olsen (signed with Seattle) and Luke Kuechly (retirement) are just two of the more recognizable names that have elected to leave Carolina through one way or another. Now, Pro Bowl guard Trai Turner may be next as ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Panthers are shopping the 26-year-old around the league. 

It's admittedly a bit puzzling to see the Panthers trying to move on from Turner. In truth, he should be a player that Rhule and company would want to keep around for the long haul, especially given his success in the league and youth. Turner will be just 27 by the start of training camp, has been to five straight Pro Bowls, and has two years remaining on the four-year, $45 million contract he signed with Carolina back in 2017. 

His cap hit does bump up to nearly $13 million for 2020 and balloons to $15.4 million in 2021, so that could be part of the reason why the Panthers are allegedly looking to cut bait. By getting rid of Turner now, they'd not only get what is likely to be a solid return for him in the trade market, but also clear roughly $3 million off their cap for next season. 

Given the term still left on Turner's deal, his youth and reputation as one of the best interior lineman in the NFL, Carolina will likely see a number of teams lining up to try and acquire him in a deal to bolster its offensive line. Depending on what they're offering, the Panthers could pull the trigger, ship Turner out of town and continue the purge that is currently going on across the roster.