Mocking the draft

Palangi

Here is my mock offseason after the draft. 

Cuts: 

Reiter

Sorenson

Xavier Williams

Cam erving

Colquitt

Resign:

Chad Henne - to a vet minimum

Emanuel Ogbah- with him coming off the peck injury here could be back at a lower price than originally thought 3yr 12m.

Mike Pennel- a stout reason to our run defense.  Needs to come back.  3yrs 9m

Jordan Lucas- Core special teamer. Solid depth at safety.  Comes back on minimum. 

Free Agents:

Halipoulivaati Vaitai- has played LT and RT for the Eagles since coming to the league.  He has also played some guard. Is dominant in the run game.  And will be really good as a pass blocker inside as he was adequate outside.  I'd like to bring him in as our RG. 4yrs 20m

Jalen Mills- a veteran corner brought in to revive his career.  I think we draft corner high but this guy can compete with the draft pick.  1yr 3m.

Trades:

Sammy Watkins to Carolina for a 3rd round draft pick.  With Carolina sticking with newton they need a #1 WR. They won't use their first pick on a WR, so they get their top guy with their 3rd pick from us. 

LDT to Cincinnati for Billy Price.  A straight player for player trade.  Cincinnati just resigned tre Hopkins to a big contract to play center.  And price hasn't worked out for them. A change odd scenery could do him good.  LDT drops in at guard to help protect their 1st round investment,  Joe Burrow.  

Alex Okafor to whatever team needs a big strong end for a 6th or 7th round pick.  With Ogbah signing back and Kpass stepping up we don't need Okafor. 

Damien Williams to Whoever wants him for a 6th or 7th round pick.  He showed out last year and a team might want him now. This trade only happens if we get Taylor in round 1.

Draft: 

1- Jonathon Taylor RB Wisconsin 5'11" 220- we get a stud back and our offense becomes multi dimensional again.  His 4.41 speed ot of the backfield adds to our track team. 

2- Bryce Hall CB Virginia 6'1" 200- a long physical corner with very good speed.  Has chemistry with our free safety (Thornhill) as they played together.  Could help him to fit in more comfortably quicker. 

3- Mykal Walker LB Fresno State 6'3" 230- a rangy LB that ran a 4.65 at the combine.  Plays aggressive and can cover.  Can learn for a year under Hitchens the mental game and calling the defense. Then take over when Hitchens is curable. 

3- Michael Ojemudia CB Iowa 6'1" 200- another long corner to come in and battle.  Ran a 4.45 st the combine.  Has 32"arms.  And has short area quickness with a 6.85 3 cone. 

4. John Hightower WR Boise State 6'1" 190- fast electric WR. Very good hands. Ran a 4.43 at the combine and had a 38.5" vert. 

5. Kamal Martin LB Minnesota 6'3 240- athletic LB that had a good nose for the ball.  Great length with 34"arms.  

6. Tanner Muse S Clemson 6'2" 227- a younger, faster,  less expensive Sorenson.  

7. Darrin Paulo OL Utah 6'5" 320- played LT at Utah but will kick inside to guard at this level.  Is #77 and LT in film. 

Roster

QB- mahomes, Henne 

RB- Taylor, Thompson, Williams, Weber

FB- Lovett

WR- Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Hightower,  kemp, Dieter

TE- kelce, Yelder, Fortson

LT- Fisher,  Senat

LG- Rankin, Wylie

C - Price, Allegretti

RG- Vaitai, Paulo

RT- Schwartz, Barton

DE- Clark,  Harris, Ward 

DT- Jones, Saunders,  Speaks

DT- Nnadi, Pennel

DE- Ogbah, Kpass

SLB- Wilson, Martin

MLB- Hitchens, Walker

WLB- DOD, Neimann

CB- Ward, Ojemudia

CB- Mills/Hall

NB- Fenton, Brown

SS- Matheiu, Lucas, Muse

FS- Thornhill,  Watts

I will follow up on Michael Ojumedia. See link below but he would be a good one to get. Chiefs are mentioned in the article about playing a dual hybrid role at S and CB. Filling the Fuller role and helping out until Thornhill is 100%

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/02/29/nfl-draft-michael-ojemudia-iowa-football-defensive-backs/4903940002/

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Xavier Williams is already a free agent so no need to cut him. Also I'm guessing they ask Colquitt to retire rather than cutting him and he might comply if he's not really up to the task anymore. 

My bad on Williams.  I agree with colquitt.  I could see them doing that first too

1. Gladney CB or Igbinoghene/ Fulton. So deep at CB i just think we grab with our 1st pick because a run on them would keav us with less talent at end of round 2. Day 1 starter here.

2. Claypool WR/TE 

3. Willey Gay Jr. LB

3. If we can get a trade done i can see RB like Akers or Moss. Hell maybe Mcfarland from MD.

4th I see Ojemudia dropping. 2 CBs in this draft or 2 LBs depending on BPA. If LB i can see Strnad LB from Wake Forest here.

I think we do a FA for OL. I can also see us keeping LDT and taking a flyer out on a guy for development. Reid always seems to have that one guy on PS he wants to try out. We need a OG/C in FA imo. Some OL to watch for Muti, Nick Harris etc.