Should Chiefs pick up player X (The Free Agency thread)

Just so we don't litter the place up with a billion should we get blah blah blah.  Feel free to load us up on speculation in here.  

Also, no bitching about people speculating about us picking up player x.  It's the internets, it's kind of what we do.

Ok player x #1:  Chris Harris Jr.

Fyi this exchange on Twitter.  Harris retweeted the video below saying KC was his best fit.

That would be a nice get but he's not in our price range.

Chris Harris would be a nice get.  He's at the end of his career, so it wouldn't be a long term franchise screwing deal.  He'd go nicely with a drafted corner, because I think some desperate team is going to offer Fuller way more than he's worth. 

26 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Chris Harris would be a nice get.  He's at the end of his career, so it wouldn't be a long term franchise screwing deal.  He'd go nicely with a drafted corner, because I think some desperate team is going to offer Fuller way more than he's worth. 

I still think he's gonna be out of our price range unless we trade Chris Jones.   

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Trading Jones makes a lot of sense, especially if it allows the Chiefs to acquire Harris.  The question is whether Harris would settle for a two or three year deal.  Anything longer would be too risky at his age.  Jones for Harris plus a first and third pick would be a no brainer. 

Bengals have about $47M in cap and will gain another $17M when they cut/trade Dalton.....New DC has said he wants to get younger and better at DL.....

Bengals get:

Chris Jones, give him his $19M a year 

Chiefs get:

Geno Atkins, cost us about $11.6M and under contract for three more years.  Not CJ but still very high performer and should give us 3 more years.

#33 overall pick

7 hours ago, Balto said:

Bengals have about $47M in cap and will gain another $17M when they cut/trade Dalton.....New DC has said he wants to get younger and better at DL.....

Bengals get:

Chris Jones, give him his $19M a year 

Chiefs get:

Geno Atkins, cost us about $11.6M and under contract for three more years.  Not CJ but still very high performer and should give us 3 more years.

#33 overall pick

So, you wanna trade Jones, for a DT that will be 32 next month, and a 2?

Image result for son of a bitch, I'm in

49 minutes ago, SEMO said:

So, you wanna trade Jones, for a DT that will be 32 next month, and a 2?

Image result for son of a bitch, I'm in

Ok let’s take the #1 overall instead from them muahaha

nah I just think it would end up with both teams smiling....Bengals are rebuilding and have a ton of cap.  This would get them a guy to build a D around.  Chiefs would take a hit but still get a guy in Atkins that will be more than productive enough for the next 3 years to remain competitive for more SBs, while getting that top of the 2nd round pick.  Not to mention the huge cap savings.

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

So I shall never post again.....

lol wasnt referring to you but if you did get triggered by speculation you'd be putting yourself in a constant state of agitation.  Might as well buy a safe space and stay there.

29 minutes ago, xen said:

lol wasnt referring to you but if you did get triggered by speculation you'd be putting yourself in a constant state of agitation.  Might as well buy a safe space and stay there.

HAHA Nah I've always liked to post what if's....I think the difference is I know the chances are slim to none but still entertaining to think about how to best improve the team not just for 2020 but long term.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Trading Jones makes a lot of sense, especially if it allows the Chiefs to acquire Harris.  The question is whether Harris would settle for a two or three year deal.  Anything longer would be too risky at his age.  Jones for Harris plus a first and third pick would be a no brainer. 

Guess I wasn't clear.  What was meant was that by trading Jones for a first and third from, say, SEA they would be able to afford Harris in FA and pick up an instant starter plus a possible future starter on rookie deals. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Guess I wasn't clear.  What was meant was that by trading Jones for a first and third from, say, SEA they would be able to afford Harris in FA and pick up an instant starter plus a possible future starter on rookie deals. 

That does make a lot more sense. I was wondering how the Chiefs were pull off a first and a third in trade for a player the Donks have no contractual rights to.

18 minutes ago, Balto said:

HAHA Nah I've always liked to post what if's....I think the difference is I know the chances are slim to none but still entertaining to think about how to best improve the team not just for 2020 but long term.

Have you ever tried running your trades through Madden? I mean if the game rejects them then.......lol

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Have you ever tried running your trades through Madden? I mean if the game rejects them then.......lol

Haven't played Madden in years...but when I did being GM and offseason stuff was always more fun than actually playing lol

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/03/03/free-agent-running-back-options-chiefs-austin-ekeler/amp/2/

Holy smokes. Over the cap valuing Gordon at 3 mill per and Ekeler at 11.6 mill? That doesn’t sound right. 

Im 100% down for ekeler, i do however expect him to get more money than gordon as ekeler is the better back.

as for chris harris i dont see it fitting in our cap and just no to the bengals trade. Keep the ideas coming though this is why the offseason is fun

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/03/03/free-agent-running-back-options-chiefs-austin-ekeler/amp/2/

Holy smokes. Over the cap valuing Gordon at 3 mill per and Ekeler at 11.6 mill? That doesn’t sound right. 

Overthecap's player valuations are always wonky.  

But I do agree Ekeler has way more value.  RBs who are great in the passing game are getting paid more right now.