Should Chiefs pick up player X (The Free Agency thread)

Chiefs should sign Lions OG/OC Graham Glasgow. Probably be a 4 for 44 type of deal required though. Kid is good and extremely underrated. 

I'm high on LB Nick Kwiatkoski from Chicago, but apparently the Packers are too. I think he moves within the division. I think you have to look at Cory Littleton (LAR) and Joe Schobert (CLE) and see what they are asking. Both are exceptional coverage linebackers and tackle extremely well. 

I think RB Jordan Howard (PHI) is a great fit and now knows chunks of the offense. He's effective, especially in committee, and shouldn't cost too much. 

Darian Thompson (DAL) would be an excellent snag at SS if he comes cheap enough. Produces at a high level whenever he gets a chance. 

8 hours ago, kccrow said:

Chiefs should sign Lions OG/OC Graham Glasgow. Probably be a 4 for 44 type of deal required though. Kid is good and extremely underrated. 

I'm high on LB Nick Kwiatkoski from Chicago, but apparently the Packers are too. I think he moves within the division. I think you have to look at Cory Littleton (LAR) and Joe Schobert (CLE) and see what they are asking. Both are exceptional coverage linebackers and tackle extremely well. 

I think RB Jordan Howard (PHI) is a great fit and now knows chunks of the offense. He's effective, especially in committee, and shouldn't cost too much. 

Darian Thompson (DAL) would be an excellent snag at SS if he comes cheap enough. Produces at a high level whenever he gets a chance. 

Glasgow is the guy I'm hoping they look at as well. Detroit has already said they are letting him test FA.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:06 PM, Palangi said:

Halapoulivaati Vaitai to come play RG.

He's only 27 years old.  Had played LT and RT in philly.  Had also played guard. 

I doubt that's realistic.  Not much in the way of proven talent at tackle in free agency so he'll likely get overpaid.

50 minutes ago, xen said:

I doubt that's realistic.  Not much in the way of proven talent at tackle in free agency so he'll likely get overpaid.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2020OT.php

I guess you can just say whatever.  But hope nobody fact checks you. 

Not to mention Cordy Glenn and Trent Williams are now on the trade market too. 

And 5 tackle prospects for the first round. Thomas, Wills,  Wirfs, Becton, Jackson

Looks more realistic than you think

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

And 5 tackle prospects for the first round. Thomas, Wills,  Wirfs, Becton, Jackson

You call walter football fact checking?  You might as well check wikipedia.  That site is crap.

They are listing old dudes, restricted free agents and shit players ahead of him.  He's been a really good backup.  All of those tackles are in the draft amd free agency comes first.

Vaitai will get paid and we will mostly be dumpster diving.

1 minute ago, xen said:

You call walter football fact checking?  You might as well check wikipedia.  That site is crap.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102516/article/2020-nfl-free-agency-free-agents-by-position

Huh? Not even listed on nfl.com?

Still doesn't change the fact that they're are options.  Even if it is wikipedia.  

Im not saying it's going to happen.  You said it wasn't "realistic". 

I found it funny you wanted to be me right in a player X free agency thread.  And choose to go after an idea of a player that isn't even a top 5 at his position in free agency.  

13 minutes ago, Palangi said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102516/article/2020-nfl-free-agency-free-agents-by-position

Huh? Not even listed on nfl.com?

Still doesn't change the fact that they're are options.  Even if it is wikipedia.  

Im not saying it's going to happen.  You said it wasn't "realistic". 

I found it funny you wanted to be me right in a player X free agency thread.  And choose to go after an idea of a player that isn't even a top 5 at his position in free agency.  

lol I wouldn't call that going after.  Just giving my opinion.  I would not mind at all if we picked him up, but I think he's out of our price range.  I disagree that he's not top 5.

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

It's already been reported that Castanzo and the Colts are going to reach an agreement for a short-term deal.

Peters and Whitworth are your LTs and they are dinosaurs set to retire next year. So, basically, the LT potential is dogshit outside of trading for Trent Williams and he and the Redskins are hammering out a contract so he may not even be available.

The rest are RTs and the quality there is really Conklin, a too-often-injured Bulaga, and Vaitai. Conklin and Vaitai are going to get paid $$$$ for sure. I saw a tweet from Mike Garafalo saying he's hearing numbers for Vaitai from 8-12 per. Somebody is going to pay alot of money at the top end of that spectrum for him to start at RT. 

I wouldn't be against signing him at 11 per if he's willing to sign and play OG, but there's a bit of pride for an O-lineman to play outside, and more consistently high paydays.

I'm high on Glasgow and want the Chiefs to sign him but fully expect his figure to be in that 10-11 range as well. 

On 3/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, kccrow said:

Littleton is the guy I want.

1 hour ago, kccrow said:

It's already been reported that Castanzo and the Colts are going to reach an agreement for a short-term deal.

Peters and Whitworth are your LTs and they are dinosaurs set to retire next year. So, basically, the LT potential is dogshit outside of trading for Trent Williams and he and the Redskins are hammering out a contract so he may not even be available.

The rest are RTs and the quality there is really Conklin, a too-often-injured Bulaga, and Vaitai. Conklin and Vaitai are going to get paid $$$$ for sure. I saw a tweet from Mike Garafalo saying he's hearing numbers for Vaitai from 8-12 per. Somebody is going to pay alot of money at the top end of that spectrum for him to start at RT. 

I wouldn't be against signing him at 11 per if he's willing to sign and play OG, but there's a bit of pride for an O-lineman to play outside, and more consistently high paydays.

I'm high on Glasgow and want the Chiefs to sign him but fully expect his figure to be in that 10-11 range as well. 

Those guys signing their guys also rules that team out of the tackle market

2 hours ago, xen said:

lol I wouldn't call that going after.  Just giving my opinion.  I would not mind at all if we picked him up, but I think he's out of our price range.  I disagree that he's not top 5.

Well I guess your opinion is wikipedia also.  Not worth much

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Ok.  Do you like have stock in Walter football?   It's all just opinions.  No need to get weird about it.  I wasn't attacking you personally

Didn't even mention walterfootball.  So not following your stock comment... not personally attacking? 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Didn't even mention walterfootball.  So not following your stock comment... not personally attacking? 

Umkay.  It was literally the link you used to say you were fact checking me but whatevs...

Not sure what the beef is.  Just giving my opinion.  Feel free to ignore it or put me on ignore.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Umkay.  It was literally the link you used to say you were fact checking me but whatevs...

Not sure what the beef is.  Just giving my opinion.  Feel free to ignore it or put me on ignore.

The Walter link I gave was also a list of 2020 tackle free agents.  Not sure how that is to be ignored in your original thought.  I also gave NFL.com link that didn't even show him add a top tackle free agent.  

So I stand by those fact checks of your opinion. And if you give am opinion be prepared to back it up or move on from being wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

The Walter link I gave was also a list of 2020 tackle free agents.  Not sure how that is to be ignored in your original thought.  I also gave NFL.com link that didn't even show him add a top tackle free agent.  

So I stand by those fact checks of your opinion. And if you give am opinion be prepared to back it up or move on from being wrong. 

lol ok Mel Kiper III.  I put no stock in a ranked  list put out by walter football or nfl.com but you do you tough guy.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

lol ok Mel Kiper III.  I put no stock in a ranked  list put out by walter football or nfl.com but you do you tough guy.

Look past the rank and look at the guys available.  Your opinion was ignorant