Should Chiefs pick up player X (The Free Agency thread)

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/10/browns-release-christian-kirksey/

We should be on this one. Chance to buy low on a guy who has tread left on the tires and has been uber productive in the past.

Another Iowa player. I am for this one. Iowa plays a lot of coverage with their LBs and he is good in open space and came be schemed to blitz well. Almost built like a plus sized  S.

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Would appear to be an ideal fit at Will if hes healthy...

Yeah. Having him there would give us the Sorensen of LB type guys and allow HB to play anywhere as needed. Just hope Thornhill comes back healthy as ever. This guy would give Spags a lot of options to put whoever on the field.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Graham is being cut by GB. Wouldn't mind him for a good contract but not what he was making. Be nice if we could go after Hooper as it seems GB will be doing.

Graham, Eifert, Reed are all guys that I'd look at on cheap 1 yr deals that could be great #2 TE options if healthy.

Finally happened. We've been talking about it for 2 yrs. Play has dropped off, but make no mistake...this player still has the ability to shut down receivers. Hes in his twenties. Youd think he was 50 years old reading Twitter. Him and Zimmer have had a shitty relationship from the jump.

I would love to have him here if hes affordable.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Finally happened. We've been talking about it for 2 yrs. Play has dropped off, but make no mistake...this player still has the ability to shut down elite receivers. Hes in his twenties. Youd think he was 50 years old reading Twitter. Him and Zimmer have had a shitty relationship from the jump.

I would love to have him here if hes affordable.

Might be the vet type teams get for a 1 year prove it deal that wants to go to a team capable of a SB win. If we can get the likes of him and say Kirksey or OL help it would do great for us in the draft.

We could really go after the BPA and development type players this year. Also let us retain Jones too as we can make cap space in other easy moves.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Might be the vet type teams get for a 1 year prove it deal that wants to go to a team capable of a SB win. If we can get the likes of him and say Kirksey or OL help it would do great for us in the draft.

We could really go after the BPA and development type players this year. Also let us retain Jones too as we can make cap space in other easy moves.

Kirksey is in Buffalo. I bet he doesnt leave. 

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Xavier rhodes on the same deal breelund had last year sounds good to me. Of course this only happens if rhodes really wants a superbowl.

looking more likely to me chris jones will be traded. I expect to re sign pennel and kick the tires on a gerald Mccoy type player

We need the picks and the cap space. It sucks to lose a guy his caliber but with Mahomes this team will always have a chance to do something special.

49 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We need the picks and the cap space. It sucks to lose a guy his caliber but with Mahomes this team will always have a chance to do something special.

Yeah, honestly chris jones is one of my all time favorite players and id love to keep him, but drafting him, getting his production cheap on a rookie deal, getting a superbowl out of it, and then getting a couple high draft picks for compensation for him isn’t the end of the world either.

33 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Jalen Mills and Eli Apple could be younger cheaper options at corner.

Apple played well this year. That size/ speed combo, he picked a good year to figure it out. He's only 25. I wouldn't expect him to be cheap at all. I figured he'd be one of the highest paid corners on the market.

Mills I agree with, and would support the move. But let's be honest...I'd be excited about any outside UFA we brought in. I'm expecting a really boring free agency period for the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Quite a lot of OL being cut. Wonder if some would di a prove it deal or move inside?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28827917/2020-nfl-free-agency-tracker-latest-signings-trades-cuts-news-rumors

Cordy glenn use to be an absolute beast. He was a guard coming out of college but was moved to tackle. Injured the last couple years but could be a good flier if he will play guard at this point in his career 

48 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Cordy glenn use to be an absolute beast. He was a guard coming out of college but was moved to tackle. Injured the last couple years but could be a good flier if he will play guard at this point in his career 

Does he fit our scheme? That's a power guy. Can he pull?