Espenesa?

kkuenn

If we get a OG, LB or CB in FA and able to draft the other spots not filled I would love this pick at DE. I know we have Kpass still and depth but this guy can rush and is a great DE seeing him play at Iowa.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/05/kansas-city-chiefs-mock-draft-draft-wire-iowa-dl-aj-epenesa-first-round/

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If we get a OG, LB or CB in FA and able to draft the other spots not filled I would love this pick at DE. I know we have Kpass still and depth but this guy can rush and is a great DE seeing him play at Iowa.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/05/kansas-city-chiefs-mock-draft-draft-wire-iowa-dl-aj-epenesa-first-round/

Have actually seen a couple mocks now with him dropping to us due to his combine.  I'd take it if we trade Chris Jomes.  Excellent tape and he's a Spags kind of end.  He can slide inside on passing downs.

Not sure I agree he'll drop that far though.  His 40 time should really be irrelevant considering the way he plays.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

That was a lot of "ifs" at the start of your post.  It all depends on how Veach works to acquire more picks.  They can't fill all their priorities in FA.  Funny part of that link was the claim that KC needed to get younger on the D line  When did Nnadi, Saunders, Kpass, Speaks, etc. become old?

I'm much more a fan of Alton Robinson (Syracuse), if he last to our pick in the 2nd, than I am Epenesa. 

If the Chiefs trade Jones and somehow end up with a middle of the first pick and Yetur Gross-Matos is there I'd jump all over it.

Alot of factors depending on the Jones situation yet.

I have some draft favorites but the guys I'm most honed in on, and believe they'd be within range, would probably be:

R1

CB A.J. Terrell, Clemson

WR Brandon Aiyuk, ASU

LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin

CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah

WR Justin Jefferson, LSU

R2

LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming

DE Alton Robinson, Syracuse

OC Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU

OC Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

RB Cam Akers, FSU

RB JK Dobbins, Ohio State

OT Robert Hunt, LA-Lafayette

WR Denzel Mims, Baylor

DT Jordan Elliott, Missouri

DT James Lynch, Baylor

S Ashtyn Davis, Cal

R3

OG Ben Bredeson, Michigan

WR Van Jefferson, Florida

TE Brycen Hopkins, Purdue

DT Davon Hamilton, Ohio State

OG Shane Lemieux, Oregon

RB/WR Antonio Gibson, Memphis

OC Matt Hennessy, Temple

OT Ezra Cleveland, Boise State

CB Troy Pride, Jr., Notre Dame

CB Michael Ojemudia, Iowa

Last mock I put together I had KC retaining Jones and 1. CB AJ Terrell, 2. LB Logan Wilson, and 3. WR Van Jefferson (4. S K'Von Wallace, 5. OL Tyre Phillips).

I'll put another together in the not-to-distant future. 

What i said in another post. I think we go OL in FA. This draft though is with us keeping Jones and making cuts in other areas. Trade would have us netting another 3rd I think. Dont know if it would be a 2nd too this year or maybe next? Either way i have another 3rd pick in there if it does happen or maybe we trade LDT or something? 

1. Gladney CB or Igbinoghene/ Fulton. So deep at CB i just think we grab with our 1st pick because a run on them would leave us with less talent at end of round 2. Day 1 starter here.

2. Claypool WR/TE 

3. Willey Gay Jr. LB

3. If we can get a trade done i can see RB like Akers or Moss. Hell maybe Mcfarland from MD.

4th I see Ojemudia dropping. 2 CBs in this draft or 2 LBs depending on BPA. If LB i can see Strnad LB from Wake Forest here.

I think we do a FA for OL. I can also see us keeping LDT and taking a flyer out on a guy for development. Reid always seems to have that one guy on PS he wants to try out. We need a OG/C in FA imo. Some OL to watch for Muti, Nick Harris etc.

14 hours ago, kccrow said:

I'm much more a fan of Alton Robinson (Syracuse), if he last to our pick in the 2nd, than I am Epenesa. 

If the Chiefs trade Jones and somehow end up with a middle of the first pick and Yetur Gross-Matos is there I'd jump all over it.

I have some draft favorites but the guys I'm most honed in on, and believe they'd be within range, would probably be:

R1

CB A.J. Terrell, Clemson

WR Brandon Aiyuk, ASU

LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin

CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah

WR Justin Jefferson, LSU

R2

LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming

OC Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

RB Cam Akers, FSU

WR Denzel Mims, Baylor

DT James Lynch, Baylor

S Ashtyn Davis, Cal

R3

OG Shane Lemieux, Oregon

OC Matt Hennessy, Temple

Last mock I put together I had KC retaining Jones and 1. CB AJ Terrell, 2. LB Logan Wilson, and 3. WR Van Jefferson (4. S K'Von Wallace, 5. OL Tyre Phillips).

Alton Robinson probably would be ok.  I think he may be round 3 for us though as he would need a year of development and would have to put on some weight.  Spags doesn't really split his ends as wide as Robinson would probably need to be.  Great get off though.

21 hours ago, kccrow said:

R1

CB A.J. Terrell, Clemson

WR Brandon Aiyuk, ASU

LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin

CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah

WR Justin Jefferson, LSU

R2

LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming

OC Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

RB Cam Akers, FSU

WR Denzel Mims, Baylor

DT James Lynch, Baylor

S Ashtyn Davis, Cal

R3

OG Shane Lemieux, Oregon

OC Matt Hennessy, Temple

Hope the Chiefs don't go WR in the first round.  The need at CB and LB is just too glaring.  I'm also starting to like Hunt a lot but have no idea how long he'll last in round two.  Any opinions of WR Claypool, LB Willie Gay, WR Hightower or CB  Igbin......?  Gay has a history of being a head case but with due diligence and pressure from HB and Clark he might work out in KC.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

Claypool had a hell of a combine but I haven't watched any film on him.  Anybody done any research?

Some talking heads, who probably know little more than us, claim he needs work on route skills and blocking technique.  On the other hand, he is reported to have a great work ethic, wants to learn, and is very motivated.  Spags and Madison might do a lot with him.  With blocking skills, he could compliment Kelce.  He's faster than Kelce but doesn't yet make the quick cuts to get Kelce type separation.  Don't know if any of the above is accurate or useful  I just like the idea of Kelce and Hightower in the red zone along with Hill and Mahomes scrambling/running. 

✌
1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Hope the Chiefs don't go WR in the first round.  The need at CB and LB is just too glaring.  I'm also starting to like Hunt a lot but have no idea how long he'll last in round two.  Any opinions of WR Claypool, LB Willie Gay, WR Hightower or CB  Igbin......?  Gay has a history of being a head case but with due diligence and pressure from HB and Clark he might work out in KC.

We have to see what happens in FA, honestly. If KC addresses CB and Zack Baun isn't there, I'd lean WR honestly.

Well, I'll save the underwear olympics champion for last...

Claypool is a guy who doesn't really have a quick burst or quick separation ability so he's going to have to learn to use his size to his advantage in the pros whether he's a WR or  TE. He has great deep speed, but it takes too long for him to get there. That's my synopsis. He can catch. I like him. I think he's going to have to become a good route runner and I think he'd be better served adding 20 pounds and becoming a TE.

I like Hightower quite a bit, actually. He has straight-line speed and seems to notch it up quickly, and he's good after the catch. Like most of this class, I'm disappointed with the agility testing but what I saw on tape makes me believe he's got enough. He doesn't really look to have toughness though, or so it seems, to get those tough catches and tough yards which may be my biggest knock. I'm a fan in the 3rd but no higher.

I don't like Igbinoghene because he plays way too much with his back to the ball and got away with a shitload of PIs (way too grabby for the pros), plus he's not the size CB I personally like. 5'11" to 6'1" is my go zone, generally. Do you know where I'd think he'd be a good player? Free Safety. Not touching him as a CB though. 

And Willie Gay... well well. Talk about a UDFA flier turned ??? He doesn't have the production to even be draftable. His tape shows a guy that plays closer to 4.6 than 4.39. I'm not a buyer unless it's late. Certainly not taking him day 2. Maybe 5th round, that's probably the highest I'd take a shot.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Some talking heads, who probably know little more than us, claim he needs work on route skills and blocking technique.  On the other hand, he is reported to have a great work ethic, wants to learn, and is very motivated.  Spags and Madison might do a lot with him.  With blocking skills, he could compliment Kelce.  He's faster than Kelce but doesn't yet make the quick cuts to get Kelce type separation.  Don't know if any of the above is accurate or useful  I just like the idea of Kelce and Hightower in the red zone along with Hill and Mahomes scrambling/running. 

Trying to remember what was said of Kelce. Had good hands, but not a geat blocker etc. I think Claypool could put on weight and would make a good 2nd TE and groom behind Kelce too.