lol the NFL is in trouble

Mahomes is on some HBO show Saturday night called The Shop.  They released this clip with Mahomes saying he just really learned to read defenses midway through this past season.  Man o man.  This has to make other teams uneasy.  What exactly is his ceiling?

If we can keep this guy surrounded by some talent, man o man.

I saw this on Twitter and it's a little blown out of proportion and taken out of context.  He just meant there were lots of nuances he started figuring out last year.  Not that he couldn't "read" basic defenses.  But yeah, one of the best things about him is that he somehow still has significant room to grow.

Some idiot tried to take a swipe at Mahomes and is getting ratioed to kingdom come:

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

I saw this on Twitter and it's a little blown out of proportion and taken out of context.  He just meant there were lots of nuances he started figuring out last year.  Not that he couldn't "read" basic defenses.  But yeah, one of the best things about him is that he somehow still has significant room to grow.

Some idiot tried to take a swipe at Mahomes and is getting ratioed to kingdom come:

Mahomes is always looking to improve. He is so driven and wants to only get to be the best he can. Even Reid said he has not figured it all out yet as that comes with experience. Be very scared when he does this next season or 2. Him watching tape and catching anything new will make us hard to beat.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Yeah you're right and it's worth saying he wasnt talking about reading coverages.  I just thought it was funny.  Once he gets in that Brees, Brady, Manning range where he can quickly see those nuances, watch out.  He's only played 6 years.  That's crazy.

8 hours ago, West said:

From  Dawson to Mahomes we have had nothing better than average, with the exception of Joe Montana.

Once could argue that Rich Gannon was a great QB, AFTER he left KC.

w

He was great with KC too right? didn't Marty bench him for Grbac, a huge mistake

Most quality QB's in the league could probably have made the same statement: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc...

I would hope they could improve their game as their career path progresses. This is only news because it's Mahomes and how he said it. You can't throw 50 TD's with only 12 picks your 1st starting year with no clue what the defense is doing. Anyone jumping to that conclusion is just ignorant. Likewise, anyone thinking "if he can do all that without knowing what defenses are doing what's it gonna look like when he figures it out?" Seriously? He's already won a league MVP and a SB in his short career. He's not getting there...he's there.