Proposed rules changes

xen

Some to like, much to not like.

What modification to the blindside block rule? It seems rather clear. Don't really know what this entails. 

Don't mind making permanent automatic replay reviews for scoring plays etc and it's kind of an obvious one you know will happen.

I want nothing to do with eliminating any aspect of the kicking game from football. 

I do like modifying overtime rules but there has to be something concrete there to talk on. I actually like most of the rules in place except the sudden-death component. I think you play out the 10 minute period. More ideally, that time is 12 minutes given average TOP per drive in the NFL hovers round 2:50, so call it 3 minutes and figure that each team will average 2 possessions. That said, leave it at 10 minutes and just play it out. There should be no OT in the preseason.

I have no real issue with the Dolphins rule. The offense should not benefit from a penalty. 

I don't think the NFL needs to add officials. They need to improve the ones they actually have on the field. A booth official? If it's to make calls on the field, then it's too much of an avenue to affect outcomes and there is plenty of that already. IF there were a booth official, he should serve to do much of the duties that the Referee, Back Judge, and Side Judge perform so they focus more on actual things on the field. That would be to oversee the officials on the field, to be a final judgment on questionable calls, track television breaks, perform replay reviews, and to monitor the game clocks and keep official time in case of malfunction. 

What purpose would a "technology advisor to the referee" serve exactly? Does he need technical advice on how to go look at a replay? Obviously, if you add a booth official then you shouldn't also need this guy. Either way, you don't need this guy.