First Mock Offseason

Lamardirts

1 hour ago, xen said:

Kirksey was a combination of injuries, salary and Mack Wilson playing well for a 5th round pick.

Mack Wilson was projected to go as high as 2. Had no business on the board rd 5. We should have swooped. Dorsey may be a bumbling idiot with regard to caplology but the guy knows talent. 

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Mack Wilson was projected to go as high as 2. Had no business on the board rd 5. We should have swooped. Dorsey may be a bumbling idiot with regard to caplology but the guy knows talent. 

Meh every team has their testing mins based on scheme and how they value certain positions.  No doubt he dropped too far but there were legitimate concerns with lack of college starts, processing speed, and a pretty meh athletic profile.

That said I was middling high on him as a prospect.  Thought he would at least go on day 2ish

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You dont think Gibson has enough to play RB in the NFL? Enough what?

Your assessment of Pennel is inaccurate. He graded out extremely well the year prior in NY against the run and pass. This is a player who should not have been available,  and is absolutely worth more than the bet minimum.

Kirksey wasnt just cut because of injuries. He was cut because of his cap number as well. They actually tried to renegotiate his salary and retain him. 

Well for starters, experience. The dude had 33 career carries in college. I'm looking at experience being able to consistently find NFL rushing lanes, patience to set up his blockers, and even remotely handle pass blocking duties. He's also runs relatively upright and he won't have the benefit of the SMU Mustangs tackling him in the NFL. I did like the small sample size at the Senior Bowl, but its always a small sample with this kid. Can he take a pounding week in and week out as a RB?

Now, he's ultra-athletic and his production this year as a WR was solid. He has less to worry about out there and you can more quickly unleash his skill set. He snatches the ball well, he has insane acceleration, and he has plenty of deep speed. I really like him as a WR prospect and see him fitting there much better than at RB. Would I be against trying him out there? Hell no. That said, I'm not banking on RB being his final position. 

52 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Well for starters, experience. The dude had 33 career carries in college. I'm looking at experience being able to consistently find NFL rushing lanes, patience to set up his blockers, and even remotely handle pass blocking duties. He's also runs relatively upright and he won't have the benefit of the SMU Mustangs tackling him in the NFL. I did like the small sample size at the Senior Bowl, but its always a small sample with this kid. Can he take a pounding week in and week out as a RB?

Now, he's ultra-athletic and his production this year as a WR was solid. He has less to worry about out there and you can more quickly unleash his skill set. He snatches the ball well, he has insane acceleration, and he has plenty of deep speed. I really like him as a WR prospect and see him fitting there much better than at RB. Would I be against trying him out there? Hell no. That said, I'm not banking on RB being his final position. 

Fair enough. I see Todd Gurley when I watch limited film. Inexperienced for sure. But also has every tool in the toolbox. Size, speed, and would obviously be a guy they felt comfortable throwing the ball to with his WR background. 

I think theres a possibility he ends up being the steal of the draft at the RB position.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Fair enough. I see Todd Gurley when I watch limited film. Inexperienced for sure. But also has every tool in the toolbox. Size, speed, and would obviously be a guy they felt comfortable throwing the ball to with his WR background. 

I think theres a possibility he ends up being the steal of the draft at the RB position.

He definitely could be. I mean, you think about what "could" be and you think Marshall Faulk. That said, you could end up lucky to get Reggie Bush. And, Reggie Bush would be my comp right now, but a whole hell of a lot less experienced coming in. 

Gibson would be ridiculous in our offense with our coaches.  Eventually.  But half the teams in the league he may bust with.  Maybe more than half.  Man he needs a lot of work but exciting player.  I agree, in the pros he's a WR and returner who you can train as a RB too if you're so inclined.  Hard to really tell what he'd be at RB with so few carries and no sets in pass pro.  Physical profile fits a zone runner though so hey who knows.