Favorite Former Chief?

Just curious...which former Chief that got cut or traded would you consider a favorite and wished the Chiefs had kept him in spite of less than a Pro Bowl caliber career?

For me it was Dexter MCCluster. Just liked him.

34 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Always liked Gonzo but he's an all-pro and doesn't qualify. Since we are only considering guys that left the Chiefs my favorite is Tony Richardson. He had pro bowl seasons but only a few of them. 

Yeah Tony was a good one. Gonzo definitely not fitting what I'm looking for. But you seem hell bent on having a Tony so good recovery.😀

Hmmm Priest Holmes is my favorite Chief but can't use him...Can't use Jared Allen either hmmm

Maybe Brandon Albert?  I still think we should of just moved him to LG when Fisher was drafted.  Could honestly still have a combo of Fisher at LT and Albert at LG today if it would of happened.

Donnie Edwards would probably be a really good one!  Wanna say he didn't become a pro bowler until he left KC for Chargers?  

Tyler Thigpen was my favorite Chief who was actively bad.  He was fun to watch compared to the usual garbage we had back there, and there was a brief period of time when maybe I thought he would develop into something.  The same can't be said for Croyle, etc.

Honorable mention: Marc Boerigter, Keith Cash, Tony Moeaki

Kris Wilson.  Just kidding.  Remember how high DV was on that kid and he - literally - never did anything?  Secret weapon my ass. So secret, the Chiefs QB couldn't even find him.

Tamarick Vanover, maybe?  Loved the guys production, but he may have made a pro-bowl with the Chiefs as a returner before he tried becoming El Chapo with laughable results.

6 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Kris Wilson.  Just kidding.  Remember how high DV was on that kid and he - literally - never did anything?  Secret weapon my ass. So secret, the Chiefs QB couldn't even find him.

Tamarick Vanover, maybe?  Loved the guys production, but he may have made a pro-bowl with the Chiefs as a returner before he tried becoming El Chapo with laughable results.

I'd say making a Pro Bowl is acceptable. Vanover will never sniff the ring of honor so it's good.

Favorites....So many that I really loved as a kid.........Emmitt Thomas, Willie Lanier, Curly Culp, Lenny D, Otis Taylor, Buck Bucahnan...

Then the Middle Ages....Montana, Gonzales, Holmes, Green, DT, Neil Smith, Dan S....

Current: Mahomes, Kelsy, Tyreek, Butker ( he is money...) Honey Badger....

Dude I wish we waterboarded before we released him...The Unnamed Kicker...

Dude I wish we kept...Donnie Edwards.

2 hours ago, West said:

Favorites....So many that I really loved as a kid.........Emmitt Thomas, Willie Lanier, Curly Culp, Lenny D, Otis Taylor, Buck Bucahnan...

Then the Middle Ages....Montana, Gonzales, Holmes, Green, DT, Neil Smith, Dan S....

Current: Mahomes, Kelsy, Tyreek, Butker ( he is money...) Honey Badger....

Dude I wish we waterboarded before we released him...The Unnamed Kicker...

Dude I wish we kept...Donnie Edwards.

All of these for me, West said it better than I could. 

5 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Tyler Thigpen was my favorite Chief who was actively bad.  He was fun to watch compared to the usual garbage we had back there, and there was a brief period of time when maybe I thought he would develop into something.  The same can't be said for Croyle, etc.

Maybe Boerigter should have been higher

5 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

honorable mention for brodie croyle's wife 

4 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

yea I'm good with that..puled out a couple of wins when the chips were down

I'm on record to be a Dale Carter guy..IF he woulda had his act together  he' been better than Primetime Sanders

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Meh that was all on us.  We had our QB and blew it.

I disagree, obviously.

He built up a lot of goodwill in almost bringing us back in the [REDACTED] game, and then later when Grbac was injured in 1997 and 1998.  But when we gave him the starting job that wasn't injury related (once in 1996 for Bono and then in later 1998 for Grbac), he just wasn't that good.  He had been a journeyman before that, and he played like it for us, I don't think it was all the support system around him.

He was better in Oakland, and sometimes vets do find a fit that allows them to play at their best.  But I think his time in Oakland was pretty overrated (sometimes I feel like I could go 27-29 for 124 yards), and it wasn't going to happen here regardless.

TL;DR he just wasn't that good, guys.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

I disagree, obviously.

He built up a lot of goodwill in almost bringing us back in the [REDACTED] game, and then later when Grbac was injured in 1997 and 1998.  But when we gave him the starting job that wasn't injury related (once in 1996 for Bono and then in later 1998 for Grbac), he just wasn't that good.  He had been a journeyman before that, and he played like it for us, I don't think it was all the support system around him.

He was better in Oakland, and sometimes vets do find a fit that allows them to play at their best.  But I think his time in Oakland was pretty overrated (sometimes I feel like I could go 27-29 for 124 yards), and it wasn't going to happen here regardless.

TL;DR he just wasn't that good, guys.

He proved to be better than anything we had.  We should have adapted our system.