Favorite Former Chief?

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Brandon Carr and Derrick Alexander has to be in the list. here even Andre Rison if he could have kept his act together.

I forgot about Alexander and Rison.  They were both fun for a hot minute.

Although Alexander signing a one day contract to retire with the Chiefs was one of the more ridiculous honorary retirements that I can remember.

39 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Grbac had the superior physical skills, but also the glass body and mental state.

Peak Gannon was AT BEST 2019 Cousins or Tannehill, send tweet.

If Marty went with Gannon at halftime of 1996 Colts playoff game instead of midway through the 4th quarter, we probably go to tbe Super Bowl.  In 97 stats didn’t tell real story of his impact in such a conservative scheme. But he was a massive handful and Mike Shanahan flat told me later that summer”I’m sure glad Marty went with Grbac over Gannon.”

Gannon won the NFL MVP in a superior scheme. We made an awful choice and it buried us until 2003.  

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If Marty went with Gannon at halftime of 1996 Colts playoff game instead of midway through the 4th quarter, we probably go to tbe Super Bowl.  In 97 stats didn’t tell real story of his impact in such a conservative scheme. But he was a massive handful and Mike Shanahan flat told me later that summer”I’m sure glad Marty went with Grbac over Gannon.”

Gannon won the NFL MVP in a superior scheme. We made an awful choice and it buried us until 2003.  

Man, Gannon still most pulled it off with that bullet bouncing off Lake Dawson’s hands in the end zone. It was a head scratcher why he wasn’t in the game sooner.

18 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I disagree, obviously.

He built up a lot of goodwill in almost bringing us back in the [REDACTED] game, and then later when Grbac was injured in 1997 and 1998.  But when we gave him the starting job that wasn't injury related (once in 1996 for Bono and then in later 1998 for Grbac), he just wasn't that good.  He had been a journeyman before that, and he played like it for us, I don't think it was all the support system around him.

He was better in Oakland, and sometimes vets do find a fit that allows them to play at their best.  But I think his time in Oakland was pretty overrated (sometimes I feel like I could go 27-29 for 124 yards), and it wasn't going to happen here regardless.

TL;DR he just wasn't that good, guys.

thank god, finally someone with some perspective on Gannon.  Dude gets martyr status from Chiefs fans, and he just wasn't that good here, or anywhere, before his overrated time in Oakland where he threw 1 yard passes to Tim Brown and Jerry Rice and watched them do the rest.  Most overrated player of my lifetime. 

17 minutes ago, moons314 said:

finally someone with some perspective on Gannon.  Dude gets martyr status from Chiefs fans, and he just wasn't that good here, or anywhere, before his overrated time in Oakland where he threw 1 yard passes to Tim Brown and Jerry Rice and watched them do the rest.  Most overrated player of my lifetime. 

It's the same thing every time this topic comes up - hazy memories through rose-colored glasses, and then Mloe tells his story about what The Rat told him.

At this point I'll never again complain about any alleged bad decisions in the past of this franchise, though, because I'll just assume that everything was a Butterfly Effect that got us to where we are now with Patrick.

5 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

It's the same thing every time this topic comes up - hazy memories through rose-colored glasses, and then Mloe tells his story about what The Rat told him.

At this point I'll never again complain about any alleged bad decisions in the past of this franchise, though, because I'll just assume that everything was a Butterfly Effect that got us to where we are now with Patrick.

Gannon was exactly what Marty needed in 95 and 97 to get those elite defenses to the Super Bowl. A super smart QB with great leadership skills and the IT factor to make big plays when it mattered. In one drive in 1995 he drove us to within a  Lake Dawson catch of the AFC Title game. In 1997 he beat the Super Bowl champ Broncos and won his last 5 games before being benched. Win streak over. He goes to Oakland and wins playoff games in three straight seasons all while winning NFL MVP. at 37 years old. It’s no wonder Shanahan mocked Marty for starting Grbac that day.  Massive opportunity lost for the Chiefs. Just an awful decision all the way around by Marty and Carl. Seems like the opposite of Rose Colored Glasses 😂 

14 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Yep.  No pain, no gain.