Thornhill to be back at camp....

I think we've seen in general that the first year back from this type of injury the player isn't 100%. That is he doesn't have full faith in his body to do what it did before. Being able to play and being 100% are two different things. But you gotta have that 1st year back before you get to the 2nd year back. Most players I've heard talk about say that is when they genuinely feel 100%.

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I think we've seen in general that the first year back from this type of injury the player isn't 100%. That is he doesn't have full faith in his body to do what it did before. Being able to play and being 100% are two different things. But you gotta have that 1st year back before you get to the 2nd year back. Most players I've heard talk about say that is when they genuinely feel 100%.

I don’t disagree, but I think Charles had a banner year the year he came back from ACL surgery. I don think he’s the only one that performed at a very high level. That said, everybody is different, so we’ll have to see how Thornhill reacts in 2020. The good news is it appears Thornhill has superior talent. Talent masks many things, including recovery from a major surgery. 

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

I don’t disagree, but I think Charles had a banner year the year he came back from ACL surgery. I don think he’s the only one that performed at a very high level. That said, everybody is different, so we’ll have to see how Thornhill reacts in 2020. The good news is it appears Thornhill has superior talent. Talent masks many things, including recovery from a major surgery. 

Didn't Adrian Peterson almost break the single year rushing record coming back from knee surgery? Even then his first few games were very low rushing yards or he would have had it.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, kkuenn said:

Didn't Adrian Peterson almost break the single year rushing record coming back from knee surgery? Even then his first few games were very low rushing yards or he would have had it.

Ah yes...the exception to the rule. Always handy...lol

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Ah yes...the exception to the rule. Always handy...lol

Not really, there are a few. Charles was mentioned too. Thing is Thornhill is young and that is a plus in his side too. Either way it will take him some time mentally too.