Mahomes tests positive

MVP does not necessarily mean best.  Don’t believe me go ask Steve Nash about his two MVPs.  

Still don’t believe watch your own fan base react if a report came out that said we traded Pat Mahomes for LJ.  Y’all would be partying in the streets.

I remember years like 1995, 1997, 2003, and 2013 where we had a good record but were flawed.  There were doubters in the national media and on the internet (not so much the earlier years, but the later ones).  And I would argue with them, whether on the internet or in my head, that they were wrong.  But deep down I knew they were right, and in the end that was proven to be the case.

Now it's weird to know we're the champions and have the best QB, and have those things be proven on the field as much as they ever will be.  Yet we still see the idiot doubters like Bayless and SAS downplay this team and Mahomes in particular.  We didn't win, SF choked, they say.  Jimmy G should have hit Sanders, they say, as if merely "getting open" is now worth points now.  Jones or Williams should have won MVP, they say, because Pat had one bad throw and the SF defense was actually as good as a lot of people said going into the game, but somehow Pat doesn't get credit for the comeback.

What I'm saying is, it's weird to finally be at the top of the hill and have to listen to the haters gunning for your favorite team.  But it's better than the alternative.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I remember years like 1995, 1997, 2003, and 2013 where we had a good record but were flawed.  There were doubters in the national media and on the internet (not so much the earlier years, but the later ones).  And I would argue with them, whether on the internet or in my head, that they were wrong.  But deep down I knew they were right, and in the end that was proven to be the case.

Now it's weird to know we're the champions and have the best QB, and have those things be proven on the field as much as they ever will be.  Yet we still see the idiot doubters like Bayless and SAS downplay this team and Mahomes in particular.  We didn't win, SF choked, they say.  Jimmy G should have hit Sanders, they say, as if merely "getting open" is now worth points now.  Jones or Williams should have won MVP, they say, because Pat had one bad throw and the SF defense was actually as good as a lot of people said going into the game, but somehow Pat doesn't get credit for the comeback.

What I'm saying is, it's weird to finally be at the top of the hill and have to listen to the haters gunning for your favorite team.  But it's better than the alternative.

Yep.  Plus to be fair, most no team has repeated since the Pats in '04.

This twitter post today says it all. Mitchell Schwartz was asked if he gave Mahomes Hall of Fame speech what’s the first thing he would say.  

09FwxX6G_x96.jpg

That the night won MVP he responded to my text saying congrats within a few minutes. Can’t imagine how busy he was and how much his phone was getting blown up, didn’t expect any response but it just shows what kind of guy he is.

In the 54-year history of the Super Bowl, only a dozen teams have appeared in consecutive Super Bowls. Of those teams, only seven repeated as a Super Bowl champion, with the 2003-04 Patriots serving as the most recent back-to-back winner. 

How did the losing team do the next year?

Only eight teams in NFL history -- the 1971 Cowboys, '72 Dolphins, the '73 Vikings, the '87 Broncos, the 1991-93 Bills and the 2018 Patriots -- have returned to the Super Bowl the year after losing the Big Game. And out of those teams, only the '71 Cowboys, '72 Dolphins and '18 Patriots were able to hoist the Lombardi Trophy a year after being on the short end of the Super Bowl scoreboard. 

On 3/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, Lamardirts said:

MVP does not necessarily mean best.  Don’t believe me go ask Steve Nash about his two MVPs.  

Still don’t believe watch your own fan base react if a report came out that said we traded Pat Mahomes for LJ.  Y’all would be partying in the streets.

So last year when everyone on this site was crowing about "MVPat" he might not have been the "best"? I don't think so....

I wouldn't care if they did- I like watching our offense.

32 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So last year when everyone on this site was crowing about "MVPat" he might not have been the "best"? I don't think so....

I wouldn't care if they did- I like watching our offense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ravens.......SUCK

CHIEFS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lamar "crap the bed" Jackson.....Lamar "Chokeasaurus Rex" JAckson......Lamar "Reg season highlights, post season suck" Jackson

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ravens LOLOLOLOL

56 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Only two players in NFL history have won the NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP before losing their 10th game.  PM2 and can you name the other without looking?  

Kurt Warner. He won both i believe in his first year playing. I went to school with him, great guy.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ravens.......SUCK

CHIEFS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lamar "crap the bed" Jackson.....Lamar "Chokeasaurus Rex" JAckson......Lamar "Reg season highlights, post season suck" Jackson

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ravens LOLOLOLOL

Went full MENSA on this post...congrats