Honey Badger Recruiting Chris Harris

17 hours ago

The Kansas City Chiefs are still looking to retool their roster this offseason in hopes of making another Super Bowl run. The positions of need are always discussed on the defensive side of the roster.

All-Pro safety Tyrann Mathieu was a vital addition to the Chiefs defense last season quickly emerging as a team leader. Mathieu appears to be taking his role to another level as an unofficial recruiter for the Super Bowl LIV champions. Mathieu has attempted to convince free agent Chris Harris Jr. to join him next season in the Chiefs’ secondary.

During a recent interview with TMZ Sports, Harris Jr. revealed that he’s been in touch with Mathieu regarding a possible team-up in Kansas City.

“[He says] just come up there, man,” Harris Jr. told TMZ Sports. “Play with him, be able to do what I’ve done in the past — play everywhere on the field, and also play with a great quarterback!”

Harris Jr. is a four-time Pro Bowler and was a member of the Super Bowl 50 champion Denver Broncos. He’s still amongst the elite defensive backs in the league and could be a great fit in Kansas City as a veteran signing.

“I’m really just looking for the best situation,” Harris Jr. said during his interview with TMZ Sports.”Of course, you want a team that’s going to pay you and appreciate you, one, and then also how they’re going to use me.”

Mathieu has shown to be reliable and studied in the needs of a championship-ready secondary. Chiefs general manager Brett Veach may have other options on his mind, but it wouldn’t hurt to acknowledge what his star defender is trying to accomplish by recruiting Harris Jr. to the team.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

cant afford him unless Badger wants to give up some $$ or Harris wants to come cheap ..yea like that'll happen

I would be surprised if we signed even 1 significant outside free agent. I would guess Chiefs are planning on 1 yr deals to fill out the roster, and then a bunch of comp picks when guys sign elsewhere.

23 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I would be surprised if we signed even 1 significant outside free agent. I would guess Chiefs are planning on 1 yr deals to fill out the roster, and then a bunch of comp picks when guys sign elsewhere.

I agree. Maybe sign one Tier 2 type player but would not be shocked if we got guys on 1 yr prove it deals. Would love if the Chiefs could keep Pennel and Ogbah.