2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

Chiefs picked up the team options on Damien Wilson and Damien Williams.

The Wilson pickup is a big of surprise, he's count $3.2M against the cap.  He did play well and they won't re-sign Ragland now is my guess as to why they did.

I hate calling it "legal tampering," a total oxymoron.  The phrase got popular because some media people didn't like the idea of a negotiating window (especially when it seems like real tampering does happen in the NFL and NBA), but come on.

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I hate calling it "legal tampering," a total oxymoron.  The phrase got popular because some media people didn't like the idea of a negotiating window (especially when it seems like real tampering does happen in the NFL and NBA), but come on.

Right, it's a joke.  Just open the signing period at the same time.  Why do they need 2 full days of non-negotiation negotiations?

Just now, dksww said:

Right, it's a joke.  Just open the signing period at the same time.  Why do they need 2 full days of non-negotiation negotiations?

Well they're not "non-negotiations," they're actual negotiations.  But they're just handshake deals and they can't be made official until the window is over.

I don't see what bothers everyone about it.

59 minutes ago, dksww said:

Franchise tags due by 11:59am EST.

Legal Tampering begins 12:00pm EST.

NFL Free agency and new league year begins Wednesday 3/18 4:00pm EST.

Here is who has been tagged so far:

Non-exclusive for Jones.  He can negotiate and agree to terms with another team.  If so, KC can match or pass.  If they pass, 2 1st round picks to KC.  Not likely, but KC can also negotiate/come down off the 2 1st round pick price.

Kirksey signed with GB. 2 years 16 million.

Packers agree to terms with LB Christian Kirksey

Christian Kirksey has agreed to terms on a two-year, $16 million dollar deal with the Green Bay Packers. Kirksey was limited to nine games total the past two seasons, but had 138 tackles in 2017, his last 16-game campaign with the Cleveland Browns.

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

Non-exclusive for Jones.  He can negotiate and agree to terms with another team.  If so, KC can match or pass.  If they pass, 2 1st round picks to KC.  Not likely, but KC can also negotiate/come down off the 2 1st round pick price.

4ef91294e22d5f56649fababaa7bb3af.jpg

NYJ, DAL, LVR, and BUF interested in Chris Harris. That's probably enough interest to get the Chiefs out of discussion price wise.  Unless he just wants to play for KC for really cheap

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

NYJ, DAL, LVR, and BUF interested in Chris Harris. That's probably enough interest to get the Chiefs out of discussion price wise.  Unless he just wants to play for KC for really cheap

I don't see why he would come here for less money unless its just to play Denver twice a year?  He already has a SB ring

59 minutes ago, dksww said:

Exactly what I was expecting.  We either get a ton in return, work out a long term deal or he plays this year for us pretty cheap.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

Chiefs picked up the team options on Damien Wilson and Damien Williams.

The Wilson pickup is a big of surprise, he's count $3.2M against the cap.  He did play well and they won't re-sign Ragland now is my guess as to why they did.

I don’t think keeping Wilson is a surprise. To me it’s the least surprising thing they’ll do in this whole offseason. He the best lb of a shitty bunch.

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Texans trading for david johnson... god bill obrien is clinically stupid, and i dont care what the details of the trade are.

everyone thank their lucky stars we dont have someone like bill obrien running our franchise 

6 minutes ago, dksww said: