2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t think he’s overrated .  He’s a great talent on an idiot HCed team.      Still that trade helps us as they are no where near as good with DJ as they would have been with Deandre and another talented wr.

He is a good wr, but they talk about him being the best or 2nd best in the nfl, and for instance i would easily rather have tyreek 

3 minutes ago, xen said:

I would think we would prefer not to trade with a team we could see in the playoffs.

Lol wont see Watkins much of the year. If O'Brien gives us a good deal, as he is an idiot, we might as well. 

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

If the deal is right for us, we should take it and not be scared.  If Sammy on the Texans is scary, then why would we even cut him and let him go anywhere?

because you could probably find a corner that'd shut him down and every other stud WR for that kind of jingle ??or you could let him go to a team you only see  every 4 years or soo..its not rocket science 

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

If the deal is right for us, we should take it and not be scared.  If Sammy on the Texans is scary, then why would we even cut him and let him go anywhere?

Didn't say what I would do only that like most teams, we probably prefer to trade out of division and not with in-conference contenders.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

because you could probably find a corner that'd shut him down and every other stud WR for that kind of jingle ??or you could let him go to a team you only see  every 4 years or soo..its not rocket science 

But what sort of guarantee do we have that there is even a market for Sammy with an NFC team?  And if we just plain cut him, he goes anywhere and we don't get anything.

Again, my viewpoint is that if the compensation is good enough I don't care if we trade him to our biggest rival.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

But what sort of guarantee do we have that there is even a market for Sammy with an NFC team?  And if we just plain cut him, he goes anywhere and we don't get anything.

Again, my viewpoint is that if the compensation is good enough I don't care if we trade him to our biggest rival.

What's good enough compensation to let your rival improve?

1 minute ago, xen said:

Losing Hopkins they have not improved. Having Watkins instead is not improvement. We did well against Hopkins I think we could do better against Sammy as their main threat.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Compensation that improves us more?

I mean, if KC had David Johnson then I would have done the deal that AZ did every day of the week, even if was within the division.

For Sammy I don't know specifically, but I'd probably jump at a 1st.  I doubt we'll get that from anyone.

The problem with all this is they traded Hopkins cause they were strapped for cap space and desperately needed draft picks.  Can't see them wanting to give up more picks.  

But hell BO'B is a moron second to only Gettleman so who knows.

36 minutes ago, xen said:

Hopkins last few years.  YPC is tanking.  

Untitled.jpeg

Exactly, i would go as far to say when hopkins and will fuller are on the field at the same time i am more scared of will fuller.

for those saying dont trade sammy to our rival texans, i say I don’t consider the texans a rival with obrien at the helm.

to be honest when sammy is healthy i think he is better than Hopkins, sadly that only occurs 6 games a year or so.

1 minute ago, xen said:

The problem with all this is they traded Hopkins cause they were strapped for cap space and desperately needed draft picks.  Can't see them wanting to give up more picks.  

But here BO'B is a moron second to only Gettleman so who knows.

My point was pretty hypothetical.  I'd trade Sammy to the Texans, Patriots, Ravens, etc. for the right deal.  I was making a philosophical point about trades.

The Texans are probably not interested in Sammy and probably don't have the draft capital to offer us what we would want.

7 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Exactly, i would go as far to say when hopkins and will fuller are on the field at the same time i am more scared of will fuller.

for those saying dont trade sammy to our rival texans, i say I don’t consider the texans a rival with obrien at the helm.

to be honest when sammy is healthy i think he is better than Hopkins, sadly that only occurs 6 games a year or so.

Hopkins is only 27.  who knows how much of that was just shitting scheming.  Hopkins is still a gamer.

Falcons land TE Hayden Hurst in trade with Ravens

With the Atlanta Falcons losing tight end Austin Hooper, they moved quickly to get themselves another young player at the position in Hayden Hurst. The Falcons also get a 2020 fourth-round pick from Baltimore, and are sending the Ravens a 2020 second-round pick and 2020 fifth-round pick.

First Kirksey and now this guy. I hope we get a good coverage LB in the draft if we dont get one in FA.

Source: Raiders, LB Nick Kwiatkoski reach three-year deal

The Las Vegas Raiders have agreed to a three-year contract with former Chicago Bears linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. A former fourth-round pick out of West Virginia, Kwiatkoski enjoyed a breakout season in 2019 with 76 tackles, 3 sacks and an interception in eight starts at inside linebacker.