2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

So did Moore price himself out of the Chiefs plans or did they prefer Henne all along?

Even though I’ve not seen any kind of announcement Moore may have decided  its time to hang it up.  Going to be  36 going into TC, had one last season that he played well when called upon, and is a SB champ and his kids are young enough that he can watch them grow up and if he has been smart with his money he can live pretty comfortable.  Not a bad way to go out if that’s what he chose.  

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

its been in the NFL Talk forum..

Being newer here I don't entirely see why there are two forums.  I never visit the other one and we have threads like this that are pretty general.  So I thought it might make its way into this thread at least, it's just as relevant as all the other FA signings that didn't involve us.

JM $0.02

55 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Even though I’ve not seen any kind of announcement Moore may have decided  its time to hang it up.  Going to be  36 going into TC, had one last season that he played well when called upon, and is a SB champ and his kids are young enough that he can watch them grow up and if he has been smart with his money he can live pretty comfortable.  Not a bad way to go out if that’s what he chose.  

My thought too.  I like Moore over Henne but Moore had one of the best possible seasons that an aging journeyman QB can have in today's NFL by meaningfully contributing to a Super Bowl Champion (Jeff Hostetler and Nick Foles were significantly younger and went on to start elsewhere).  Perfect time to walk away assuming that's what he wants.

40 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Being newer here I don't entirely see why there are two forums.  I never visit the other one and we have threads like this that are pretty general.  So I thought it might make its way into this thread at least, it's just as relevant as all the other FA signings that didn't involve us.

JM $0.02

whatever.. your complaint has been filed. I just wanted to redirect you to where the conversation already is  nothing more.. maybe you should take a tour and explore the other  subforums and enjoy the entire CC experience

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

whatever.. your complaint has been filed. I just wanted to redirect you to where the conversation already is  nothing more.. maybe you should take a tour and explore the other  subforums and enjoy the entire CC experience

Not so much a complaint as an observation.  When I have peaked in the other forum it hasn't been active enough to main my interest.  Also an observation, not a complaint.

18 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

JM $0.02

In years past we did not allow threads like this that are not chiefs related in CTO.  I am trying to be nice and trying out focused non-chiefs related threads like this in CTO as a compromise for some of the newer folks that don't want to click on another sub forum. 

If CTO gets too littered though, or it's not offseason, we will go back to being more strict about what goes in CTO.

We will have to see tier 2 type FAs, if the price comes down. Even then we have the draft and cuts from TC to go through too. Not to worried about the FA season as most of our positions are set up nicely. If nothing comes for a trade of Jones or contract, we just tag him again next year and see what we can get for him or an extension. We are setting pretty good now and I am just waiting for that one big cut or restructure to put us under the cap space limit.

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Well that kinda sucks, 7.5 mil a year is more than I expected him to get, good for him

Super Bowl effect. Seems to jack up the price when you're reigning champions. How else can you explain Fuller's deal?