2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

27 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If i were the chiefs I would do as you say and cut ldt plus a few others and give myself more time to work out new deals or trades sammy and jones.

im not 100% if post june cut designations are still a thing in the new cba but watch out for that with hitchens

Why would we kick that can down the road.  He will play one more year and then we will cut him.   I don’t want that cap hit both this year and next.  We already did that with Berry and are on the hook for like 7-8 million on Berrys deal.   Hitchens is the lone black mark on Veachs record.   

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Why would we kick that can down the road.  He will play one more year and then we will cut him.   I don’t want that cap hit both this year and next.  We already did that with Berry and are on the hook for like 7-8 million on Berrys deal.   Hitchens is the lone black mark on Veachs record.   

Looks like he has a pretty hefty dead cap next year as well at 8 millionish. If we take the hit of 6 mil dead cap 2 years in a row we may be better off, not sure.

i dont 100% trust the online contracts either so its tough to say for sure

15 hours ago, dhitter said:

Wow the Dolphins are spending money like a sailor on shore leave in Bangkok!! History does not favor their approach to building a powerhouse.

They might be way under the 90% spending thing with that crap of a team for years. 

With so many picks to build via the draft I think they might be safe to spend a few bucks in FA to get to somewhere around the middle. 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Looks like he has a pretty hefty dead cap next year as well at 8 millionish. If we take the hit of 6 mil dead cap 2 years in a row we may be better off, not sure.

No you have it backwards....Post June cut would give $8M total cap gain and $4M dead money

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

You might be right.  I didn’t realize it was that bad next year too

7 hours ago, xen said:

Bob McNair died in 2018.  His wife owns the team now.  So maybe they meant her.

Yes...of course as well as the son Cal McNair being active CEO. But I think fans are pretty salty down there and would have zero problem cursing the dead...LOL.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Today

I guess that means Watkins is out the door. Hopefully we can salvage a late pick for him or at least a washing machine for him. I wonder if the goal is keeping Robinson around after he tests the free market for a week or so as the cheaper version of Watkins. 

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Source / link?

The Chiefs have converted some of Frank Clark’s salary to a signing bonus, per a source. That, plus the release of Cam Erving, means they will be under the cap today.

Frank Clark converting $5 million (as first reported by @MikeGarafolo) of 2020 base salary into signing bonus would drop cap number from $22.7 million to $18.95 million. Not a ton of additional space but enough to get Chiefs safely under the cap limit starting new league year.

Different sources on tweets