2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

So far i like what the chiefs are doing, which is buying time. They can make another run this season with a similar squad unless they get blown away by offers for sammy or jones. The one thing that im not comfortable with is bringing breelund back, my gut tells me he wont be happy on another short term deal and it won’t work out. Cutting ldt, maybe hitchens and some others, along with cap relief from whatever ends up happening with jones and sammy will allow us to sign our draft class and add a couple veteran dbs plus pennel.

I am going to sift through remaining free agents later today to get an idea of good buy low candidates 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm surprised Breeland hasn't gotten a solid offer by now. He was our top CB and had a pretty solid season overall 

Maybe this will drive his price down a little and we can resign him.  He’s not elite and shouldn’t get paid like one but he’s a good db and we don’t have many on our roster.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Maybe this will drive his price down a little and we can resign him.  He’s not elite and shouldn’t get paid like one but he’s a good db and we don’t have many on our roster.

Would be nice to bring him back at a good price

Veach massaging the cap by reworking the Clark deal gives him time to seek out some possible trades before he's forced to make some tough decisions on guys like LDT, Watkins, Sorenson, and the Jones contract.   

I wouldn't mind at all bringing Breeland back on a 3/24 million deal with 14 million in guarantees.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Veach massaging the cap by reworking the Clark deal gives him time to seek out some possible trades before he's forced to make some tough decisions on guys like LDT, Watkins, Sorenson, and the Jones contract.   

I wouldn't mind at all bringing Breeland back on a 3/24 million deal with 14 million in guarantees.

That would be a great signing if you ask me but I would imagine his value in the open market is much higher. Even Fuller, an inferior player, got a bigger deal. 

Report out that Trent Williams still wants paid and out of DC.  Says that Skins are now only asking for a 2nd rounder, mainly because of the new contract Trent will be asking for.

What about a Fisher for Williams trade?  We get a huge upgrade at LT while the Skins get a guy that still has a few years left on his contract and Super Bowl experience!

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

When I hear guys like Gordon & Gurley are available I can imagine, if healthy, how they would tear it up in our offense. And then I say, most RBs would tear it up in KC. Let's save the money.

Yep.  Improve the oline and that will take care of itself.

I would be willing to give gurley a 1 year 3 mil deal, i don’t think he will get much more than that. Melvin gordon i guess if he took that same deal i would be fine, but he is a fumbler and i really have zero interest in him.

gurley at least doesn’t fumble and is a great pass catcher. He probably needs to not play half the season and be ready fir playoff push though. The problem with that is damien williams is the same and its hard to load manage 2 guys.

chiefs need a durable guy who can take a ton of carries from williams in blowout games and games that don’t really matter

Id rather they pass on Gurley and focus on the RB they have. I really like Daryl Williams as a guy to pound it..mix in a little Darwin and there we go. These guys will be in year two and three with this system and that is a huge advantage. we may need another at some point in the season because of injuries but that can be dealt with later.