2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Id rather they pass on Gurley and focus on the RB they have. I really like Daryl Williams as a guy to pound it..mix in a little Darwin and there we go. These guys will be in year two and three with this system and that is a huge advantage. we may need another at some point in the season because of injuries but that can be dealt with later.

Yeah I'm fine with our backfield.

4 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Ya was hoping to keep wiz and pennel.

Between the 2 i think pennel is the one to keep. We better at least keep him. PM can do things with an average line still and we can draft too plus what we have coming back from injuries etc. They do need to really get the line going now. PM cant go down but Wis was a stop gap and not long term. We need to get that long term guy.

American Football

Report: Giants interested in Matt Moore

f72ec760-04f8-11ea-a7f8-e8aaae9ced4b
Charean Williams

The Giants picked up the option on backup quarterback Alex Tanney‘s contract. That doesn’t mean they won’t try to upgrade at the position behind Daniel Jones.

Indeed, Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reports the Giants are interested in Matt Moore to compete with Tanney.

Moore, 35, made two starts with the Chiefs last season while filling in for the injured Patrick Mahomes, going 1-1.

Moore spent three years with Carolina and seven with Miami before leaving for Kansas City.

He is 16-16 as a starter, with 49 touchdowns and 36 interceptions. His career passer rating is 82.8.

49ers inform Mike Person of his release

f72ec760-04f8-11ea-a7f8-e8aaae9ced4b
Josh Alper

The 49ers are parting ways with one of the starters on their offensive line from last season.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the team has informed Mike Person that he is being released. Person started at right guard in 14 regular season games and all three of the team’s postseason contests.

Person opened his career as a member of the 49ers as a 2011 seventh-round pick and then went on to play for the Colts, Seahawks, Rams, Falcons and Chiefs before returning to the 49ers in 2018. He started all 16 games during his first season back with the team.

Person’s release will clear $3 million off of the team’s salary cap for 2020.

49ers inform Mike Person of his release originally appeared on Pro Football Talk

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That was quick. He wanted to go home I bet. He already had made 34 million the last 2 years and was getting 7 million this year too. I bet he gave a nice discount.

I imagine with his knees he was probably thrilled to get any offer.

12 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Crap. Reid and veach maybe getting nervous now. We better start looking at o lineman real quick. 

They might not see the line as much of an issue as we fans do.  Or they are waiting for the draft to fill a position.  

Right now we would probably look like...

LT- Fisher, Senat 

LG- Rankin, 

C- Reiter, Allegretti 

RG- Wylie 

RT- Schwartz, Barton 

Wylie was a better RG than LG. Rankin showed to be a promising starting guard.  And hopefully Allegretti can beat out Reiter

I'd like to take a flier on Andrus Peat. But he has a bad injury history that is probably scaring teams. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

They might not see the line as much of an issue as we fans do.  Or they are waiting for the draft to fill a position.  

Right now we would probably look like...

LT- Fisher, Senat 

LG- Rankin, 

C- Reiter, Allegretti 

RG- Wylie 

RT- Schwartz, Barton 

Wylie was a better RG than LG. Rankin showed to be a promising starting guard.  And hopefully Allegretti can beat out Reiter

I'd like to take a flier on Andrus Peat. But he has a bad injury history that is probably scaring teams. 

Yeah I tend to think Reid/Veach/Co aren't as worried about the position as they stocked up a lot last year and while none of those guys are world beaters that Oline wouldn't be any worse than what we say this year and has the potential to be a little bit better.  I would like for us to draft a center and sign a guard after we cut LDT.