2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Check out Chiefs.com and the new Mock.. a couple of guys have us taking a RB

There are a couple intriguing guys in the 2nd and 3rd I wouldn't mind snagging but not in the first.   Need IOL, LB, CB first and not necessarily in that order.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

There are a couple intriguing guys in the 2nd and 3rd I wouldn't mind snagging but not in the first.   Need IOL, LB, CB first and not necessarily in that order.

Be great if we can fill one in FA. To bad we did not get Peat.

Unless the Chiefs trade Jones for picks, they won't have much space to play the FA game even with the second tier players.  Surely by now they know what they'll do with Watkins but his contract is also hampering the Chiefs.  They were never expected to make a big splash, but they need to tie up Pennel as a start. 

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Unless the Chiefs trade Jones for picks, they won't have much space to play the FA game even with the second tier players.  Surely by now they know what they'll do with Watkins but his contract is also hampering the Chiefs.  They were never expected to make a big splash, but they need to tie up Pennel as a start. 

Could still cut others too like LDT, Reiter etc to go after a guy, sign him and then make the cut.

Here is a list of free agents i think we may be able to sign on the cheap that could help the team

rb - all 3 would be less than 2 mil a year and would be excellent 3rd down recieving backs

devonta freeman

chris thompson

cj procise

Wr

emmanuel Sanders and robby anderson aren’t getting the deals they thought, might come way cheaper than anyone expects, more realistically 

rashard higgins

tedd ginn

demarcus robinson - we all think he doesn’t deserve a big deal but if he comes back cheap at this point there are worse options

te sadly blake bell might be the best option, charles clay is a maybe

center/guard there is a bunch of guys who are essentially the same person, I expect to randomly sign 1

dt

pennell is priority if that fails i could see 

ndomakong suh, shelby harris or snacks harrison brought in on 1 year deals

de -again a bunch of similar people

olivier vernon, cam wake, everson griffin, or bringing back suggs i could see. None of those guys will cost much.

ilb- cubbard is pretty bare, alec ogletree could be worth a shot or bringing back ragland

cb

xavier rhodes- sucked last year but i think a 1 year prove it deal could work well here.

logan ryan- very solid smart player

breelund- his price has to be dropping now, i fear he wont be happy returning without being rewarded.

brandon carr- still a decent player

keith reaser- i expect him to be back at camp next year

safety- seems like all the free agents are versions of sorenson that are in the box safeties who struggle in coverage. They might come cheaper than Sorensen though, vonn bell comes to mind if they try to get cheaper 

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

eagles wr were doodo though 

They might see something we dont in him. No one thought Ward would be anything special or even butker etc. Still young and we can develop plus gives us depth for the position and ST if needed. Need to get a good OL starter or coverage LB before the draft. Would help us go after other needs and bpa.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Could still cut others too like LDT, Reiter etc to go after a guy, sign him and then make the cut.

It's hard to know what to think bout the Chiefs IOL plans.  Will Rankin be healthy and effective and do the Chiefs see Allegretti as a starter?  Guess the coaches know, but from an outsider's viewpoint, it hard to think the Chiefs wouldn't draft a starter at OC or OG which means a second day pick.