2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

15 minutes ago, Calichief said:

So we hit CB and IOL

Now to go get LB and draft that great RB or WR in the first lol. Actually can see us going after the same positions we still have been after just bpa and TE/WR in the mix now.

5 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Here is a list of free agents i think we may be able to sign on the cheap that could help the team

rb - all 3 would be less than 2 mil a year and would be excellent 3rd down recieving backs

devonta freeman

chris thompson

cj procise

Wr

emmanuel Sanders and robby anderson aren’t getting the deals they thought, might come way cheaper than anyone expects, more realistically 

rashard higgins

tedd ginn

demarcus robinson - we all think he doesn’t deserve a big deal but if he comes back cheap at this point there are worse options

te sadly blake bell might be the best option, charles clay is a maybe

center/guard there is a bunch of guys who are essentially the same person, I expect to randomly sign 1

dt

pennell is priority if that fails i could see 

ndomakong suh, shelby harris or snacks harrison brought in on 1 year deals

de -again a bunch of similar people

olivier vernon, cam wake, everson griffin, or bringing back suggs i could see. None of those guys will cost much.

ilb- cubbard is pretty bare, alec ogletree could be worth a shot or bringing back ragland

cb

xavier rhodes- sucked last year but i think a 1 year prove it deal could work well here.

logan ryan- very solid smart player

breelund- his price has to be dropping now, i fear he wont be happy returning without being rewarded.

brandon carr- still a decent player

keith reaser- i expect him to be back at camp next year

safety- seems like all the free agents are versions of sorenson that are in the box safeties who struggle in coverage. They might come cheaper than Sorensen though, vonn bell comes to mind if they try to get cheaper 

I hope they don't bring Bell back

Let Deon Yelder, Jordie Fortson, and Alize Mack battle for it.  

I thought Yelder looked good in his limited chances. 

Fortson is a 6'6" college WR that was on our practice squad all year. Very good athlete.  Has been bulking up.  Word is here is near 250

Mack is a Notre Dame kid that came out with talent a couple years ago.  Can be salvaged. 

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So we hit CB and IOL

Now to go get LB and draft that great RB or WR in the first lol. Actually can see us going after the same positions we still have been after just bpa and TE/WR in the mix now.

I think the coaches are very high on Darius Harris. We got him as an UDRFA. Placed him on IR to protect him.  There was buzz about him. 

Im also hoping DOD gets his shot at the coverage LB spot.  Kid is very athletic and fast.  And has made plays when given the chance.  

SLB- Wilson,  Neimann

MLB- Hitchens,  Harris

WLB- DOD, ???

Couple options I would like to see us consider still

Breshad Perriman WR- came on late last season with Tampa. Has 4.26 speed at 6'2". Could benefit hanging with our track team,  or coaches would be great for him,  and mahomes would be ther best thing for his career

Haason Reddick LB- only 26 still.  Comes in cheap. Maybe a change if scenery and low expectations do him wonders

Ronald Darby CB- tons of talent.  Dealt with injuries last year that affected him.  

These 3 will come cheap. And are young for our coaches to develop. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Without a doubt.

Desir is interesting though. He's a good zone corner.  Colts saying it was $ related but he was making less than 7m this year.  Kind of a head scratcher.

Colts still had plenty of cap space too? Maybe they are vying for a big trade....

At 29 Desir is probably looking for a long term contract but playing on a 1-year deal could raise his value in the open market as there's still time for a big one. However I don't see him signing right away before actually seeing the FA options. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

At 29 Desir is probably looking for a long term contract but playing on a 1-year deal could raise his value in the open market as there's still time for a big one. However I don't see him signing right away before actually seeing the FA options. 

I don't think he's a prove it deal type of player.  It could end up that way but I think someone would pay him.  Not sure he has the man skills we look for but lots of teams are heavy zone.