2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

10 hours ago, Palangi said:

Got to admit the training camp outfits are worth it.  

But we don't use him as a blocker very often. And Lovett is a loner more athletic dude for special teams 

oh im with you, i'd just like to see Lovett get some seasoning before we drop Sherman.  Sherm may not make the final roster if Lovett shows out, but he's got to show it first.  Dave Toub will make this call i'd bet.

51 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Two great signings. With the limited practices this year having guys that know the system is going to be crucial. Chiefs are gonna need to hit the field running when the world is back to normal. 

⬆️  This.   This is an underrated point.  Add to that the new CBA will severely limit training camp padded practices.  Familiarity will be more important this year than normal, as teams adjust to the new reality of limited practices in this CBA + the added issues with offseason practices maybe not happening or happening late.  Also a good reason to prioritize smart players in the draft.  This will be a tough year on rookies trying to learn.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Some players provide an invaluable leadership and the added cost is easily justified in those situations. The cap difference for Sherman is probably very minimal as only top 51 will matter in the end but getting people fired up is a big asset.

I love Pennel signing, looks like he didn't find what he wanted in FA and wants a full season here before pushing for a big payday. I'm fine with that as the youngsters at DT should only progress over the next year. 

Regarding Ta'amu he's likely a 3rd QB or a PS candidate but definitely an exciting guy to have around as Reid loves adding QBs. 

Well at least we wont have to worry about drafting a project of a QB this year. 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Nickell robey-coleman to eagles 1 year 1.3 mil. Wtf is that. One of the top slot corners signs for nothing 

Good corner class = market for most corners has been super soft.  Plus with his height he's not for every team = limited suitors.

We might end up getting Breeland back for 8 million instead of 10 like many thought he could get.    Might get Sammy back as well seeing as Robby Anderson only got 2/20.  Can't imagine anyone at this point paying over 10 million a year for his services.  I wouldn't mind reworking his deal for 2/20 with most guaranteed.  Would keep our 3 main wr's together for 2 more years.   He would hit FA gain when he's like 28-29 for another decent pay day.    

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We might end up getting Breeland back for 8 million instead of 10 like many thought he could get.    Might get Sammy back as well seeing as Robby Anderson only got 2/20.  Can't imagine anyone at this point paying over 10 million a year for his services.  I wouldn't mind reworking his deal for 2/20 with most guaranteed.  Would keep our 3 main wr's together for 2 more years.   He would hit FA gain when he's like 28-29 for another decent pay day.    

I think it is going to be imperative to sign as many of our guys back as possible in order to keep continuity. Less practices etc. and not knowing what the future holds for training camps etc. its going to be important. 

17 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think it is going to be imperative to sign as many of our guys back as possible in order to keep continuity. Less practices etc. and not knowing what the future holds for training camps etc. its going to be important. 

I love breeland. I was high on him before last season even started when others were skeptical. That guy made some big time plays at big moments.

If we keep Breeland then we have all our starters back other than Rangland?

Hell on both sides really and we gain more as some become available coming back from injuries like Wylie, Rankins, Speaks etc.  Going to be a good draft to get bpa and develop a few too. We also are looking at those comp picks the following year and can really keep it going.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hell on both sides really and we gain more as some become available coming back from injuries like Wylie, Rankins, Speaks etc.  Going to be a good draft to get bpa and develop a few too. We also are looking at those comp picks the following year and can really keep it going.

DoD started playing more towards the end. I think he can spot fill where needed. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

But they may lose Robinson.  However will they replace him?  😉