2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

This is great. Even if he hits all his incentives. That means we have a monster offensive year.  Probably back in the super bowl. Then he leaves next year as a free agent. Meaning he gets a big contract with the numbers he just put up. Giving us a 3rd round pick as a comp pick.  Nobody thought we could trade him for a 3rd any way.

Big picture

8 minutes ago, Palangi said:

This is great. Even if he hits all his incentives. That means we have a monster offensive year.  Probably back in the super bowl. Then he leaves next year as a free agent. Meaning he gets a big contract with the numbers he just put up. Giving us a 3rd round pick as a comp pick.  Nobody thought we could trade him for a 3rd any way.

Big picture

Yep

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Big picture

I agree even though the $7M dead money will suck but....Super Bowl win will make it easier lol

4 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

If he hits all his incentives and we let him go he'll count $7M against our 2021 cap.

That’s a crazy contract. Incentives count immediately against the CAP if they are likely to be hit. But all of his fly slightly above that level. 

How does that work since its a one year contract.  I've never heard of a cap hit after a contract has expired.   I've heard of it when you cut a player before his contract is up.  I'm no capologist so maybe someone could explain?   

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

How does that work since its a one year contract.  I've never heard of a cap hit after a contract has expired.   I've heard of it when you cut a player before his contract is up.  I'm no capologist so maybe someone could explain?   

He explained it exactly as it is. LTBE incentives count against the current year's cap. NLTBE incentives don't count against the current cap, but if they are reached they count against the following year's cap. 

8 hours ago, kccrow said:

He explained it exactly as it is. LTBE incentives count against the current year's cap. NLTBE incentives don't count against the current cap, but if they are reached they count against the following year's cap. 

If LTBE incentives aren't reached, do you get some sort of rollover to the next year?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/04/05/matt-breida-ideal-addition-kansas-city-chiefs-backfield/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Just posting it because of the Breida to KC thought of it all. Would you rather take him as a FA or draft one?

He would be a great addition here, but I truly believe the Chiefs wants feature back that rarely has to come off the field. Plus that rookie contract number is going to be important at every position we can get it at with Mahomes extension coming sooner than later.

I'm not a huge fan of Zach Moss but he is very similar to Hunt and can probably be drafted in a similar spot. Idk why but my gut keeps telling me this is our guy.

Personally outside the top tier I like Akers and Edwards Helaire the most. But I dont know that either will be there at the end of rd 2. Not sure how I feel about Dobbins.

Anyway my guess is if the board doesnt fall how they expect and we end up not drafting one, you could see us circle back to FA and swoop up Devonta Freeman. 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He would be a great addition here, but I truly believe the Chiefs wants feature back that rarely has to come off the field. Plus that rookie contract number is going to be important at every position we can get it at with Mahomes extension coming sooner than later.

I'm not a huge fan of Zach Moss but he is very similar to Hunt and can probably be drafted in a similar spot. Idk why but my gut keeps telling me this is our guy.

Personally outside the top tier I like Akers and Edwards Helaire the most. But I dont know that either will be there at the end of rd 2. Not sure how I feel about Dobbins.

Anyway my guess is if the board doesnt fall how they expect and we end up not drafting one, you could see us circle back to FA and swoop up Devonta Freeman. 

Akers or Edwards-Helaire would be ideal.  Like both of those guys in our offense.  Would take either in a heartbeat.  Wish one would drop to 3 but I highly doubt that. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agree on dobbins, i will pass. Priorities for rb are 1. Don’t fumble 2. Be an excellent receiver 3. Pass block to protect mahomes. Personally i dont care how good of a ball carrier they are.

12 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Agree on dobbins, i will pass. Priorities for rb are 1. Don’t fumble 2. Be an excellent receiver 3. Pass block to protect mahomes. Personally i dont care how good of a ball carrier they are.

I do. Because a dangerous ball carrier keeps the defense honest and makes this offense nearly impossible to defend.

Crowd the line, you are toast over the top. Drop everyone into coverage, we will fucking gash you in the run game. I think we need some better blockers on the interior, but with a stud 3 down back how do you game plan for us?

Plus with a strong run game defenses cant pin their ears back and blitz at will. Less chance Pat gets hurt.

23 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I do. Because a dangerous ball carrier keeps the defense honest and makes this offense nearly impossible to defend.

Crowd the line, you are toast over the top. Drop everyone into coverage, we will fucking gash you in the run game. I think we need some better blockers on the interior, but with a stud 3 down back how do you game plan for us?

Plus with a strong run game defenses cant pin their ears back and blitz at will. Less chance Pat gets hurt.

Hunt proved how hard it is to defend if the Chiefs have that extra weapon, but with the line, even Hunt wouldn't do as much.  So gotta get that CB, gotta get that IOL, gotta get that LB.  Reid has done pretty well with mid round RBs and if the Chiefs draft one, I think it will be in the fourth unless someone they really love is there at #96.