2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hunt proved how hard it is to defend if the Chiefs have that extra weapon, but with the line, even Hunt wouldn't do as much.  So gotta get that CB, gotta get that IOL, gotta get that LB.  Reid has done pretty well with mid round RBs and if the Chiefs draft one, I think it will be in the fourth unless someone they really love is there at #96.

I think we are a good draft away from having the best roster in the NFL with the best player in the NFL on it. Y'all opposing fans fucked.

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There's a lag between announcing an agreement and actually signing it.  The delay was probably due to the fact that the Chiefs had no cap space until Sammy cut his deal 

Many of the cap estimates I saw were including Pennel's cap number.  Don't know if it was official or not.  That would suck if we were unofficially over the cap before the Watkins restructure and now we only have ~$4M.

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I posted something about it somewhere 

I'm quite positive it's somewhere in this thread.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Many of the cap estimates I saw were including Pennel's cap number.  Don't know if it was official or not.  That would suck if we were unofficially over the cap before the Watkins restructure and now we only have ~$4M.

I'm quite positive it's somewhere in this thread.

The numbers you say were probably correct, but with the Chiefs supposedly down to $177, it would make sense to hold back on the official signing just to have Pennel's hit in reserve. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

“A trade package that should sway the Saints would be the Chiefs offering up running back Damien Williams, offensive guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and a third-round pick. In return the Saints would send Kamara and a fifth-rounder.”

I don’t see any chance the Saints make this deal lol

26 minutes ago, Balto said:

“A trade package that should sway the Saints would be the Chiefs offering up running back Damien Williams, offensive guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and a third-round pick. In return the Saints would send Kamara and a fifth-rounder.”

I don’t see any chance the Saints make this deal lol

Lol kamara is a one year rental. I would think getting 2 players and 3rd round pick would be nice for them.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Lol kamara is a one year rental. I would think getting 2 players and 3rd round pick would be nice for them.

Yeah agreed that would be a steal for us considering in our system he could put up Kareem Hunt numbers and easily net a comp pick worse case scenario.   I love Damien Williams, and I might be in the minority here, but he benefits a lot from our system.  He's a good back but Kamara is an elite back when healthy and would turn our offense into the quite possibly the best in history with ease.   

Williams is gone after next season as well so there's not much difference between him and Kamara in terms of contract years. Kamara will cost much more to keep after 2020 but either way there'll be a RB need so might as well get a comp. pick in the process. 

I don't think the trade makes any sense for Saints though. LDT is crap and no need to downgrade at RB to turn a 5th into a very late 3rd. 

19 hours ago, kkuenn said:

What are the qualifications for being a writer on that site? Knowing how to turn on a computer?

I've literally never seen a realistic NFL article there.

A third and damien williams ( throw in ldt if you want) is too much for kamara. I love kamara as a player but he is starting to decline and accumulate nagging injuries.

i would rather roll with d williams and try to draft a back with the 3rd for instance. Tossing a late round pick to get bell would be interesting if the jets were wanting to simplify dump his contract 

7 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

A third and damien williams ( throw in ldt if you want) is too much for kamara. I love kamara as a player but he is starting to decline and accumulate nagging injuries.

i would rather roll with d williams and try to draft a back with the 3rd for instance. Tossing a late round pick to get bell would be interesting if the jets were wanting to simplify dump his contract 

What are you talking about?  He’s 24 years old and was knocked up last year.   He wasn’t the bell cow at Tennessee and split carries with Ingram until last year.   He’s been to 3 straight pro bowls.  He would take us over the top.

Source: Chiefs, RB DeAndre Washington reach 1-year deal

5:21 PM CT
  • ESPN

The Kansas City Chiefs have reached a one-year deal with free-agent running back DeAndre Washington, a source confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

Washington, a fifth-round draft pick in 2016 by the Raiders, also was a college teammate of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech.

"Glad to be back with my dawg," Mahomes said on Twitter. "Welcome to #ChiefsKingdom"

Yahoo Sports was the first to report Washington's agreement with the Chiefs.

Chiefs starting running back Damien Williams returns, but the team doesn't have much depth behind him. Other backs under contract are Darrel Williams, whose season ended in December because of a torn hamstring, and Darwin Thompson. Both played sparingly.

The Chiefs' second leading rusher from last season, LeSean McCoy, is an unrestricted free agent. Spencer Ware, who signed with the Chiefs last December after Williams' injury, is also a free agent.

The Raiders chose to re-sign running back Jalen Richard over Washington because of Richard's pass-catching ability.

Washington acquitted himself well in rookie sensation Josh Jacobs' absence down the stretch with the Raiders last season.

With Jacobs missing three of the Raiders' last four games with a fractured shoulder, Washington assumed the role of bellcow back and had a combined 334 yards of offense and two touchdowns in those three games (rushing for 215 yards and those two scores on 54 carries and catching 16 passes for 119 yards).

He was especially impressive as a ball carrier in a Week 16 victory at the Los Angeles Chargers, carrying the ball 23 times for 85 yards (the second-highest single-game total of his career).

Washington, who turned 27 in February, is coming off a season in which he played in 16 games for the first time in his career, with career highs in starts (3), carries (108) and receptions (36).

At just 5-foot-8, 210 pounds, Washington is a tenacious runner. He has rushed for 1,122 yards on 282 carries (4.0 ypc) in his career with seven touchdowns and has caught 88 passes for 613 yards and a score.

ESPN's Adam Teicher and Paul Gutierrez contributed to this report

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

What are you talking about?  He’s 24 years old and was knocked up last year.   He wasn’t the bell cow at Tennessee and split carries with Ingram until last year.   He’s been to 3 straight pro bowls.  He would take us over the top.

I just think a third for a one year rental is way too much. Puts us in a position where we have to ink him to a new deal for big money that i don’t t wan to give to a rb

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I just think a third for a one year rental is way too much. Puts us in a position where we have to ink him to a new deal for big money that i don’t t wan to give to a rb

I thought this too but if he did sign somewhere else next year we could get that 3rd round pick back as a comp pick.

51 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I thought this too but if he did sign somewhere else next year we could get that 3rd round pick back as a comp pick.

Yes that is a good point and i have faith in reid/veach to do this. What happens most the time is teams don’t like “wasting” picks and will overpay to look like they made the right move. See amari cooper,  alex smith, larami tunsel here shortly etc.