2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I don't either. Would be an interesting skillet having a guy that could play WILL on first and second and move to rush end on third downs or obvious passing situations. That's a nice chess piece brother. 

Skillet lol.

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

We have plug hole LBs. Hitchens and Wilson.  And Darius Harris who they are high on. 

We need a coverage backer.  Who would have thought losing Ragland would make some lose their mind.  

Isn't Harris a little light for hole plugging?  Hitchens and Wilson haven't exactly lit it up on run defense either.  Not saying Chinn couldn't be an every down player, but I see him more as a safety than a LB. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Isn't Harris a little light for hole plugging?  Hitchens and Wilson haven't exactly lit it up on run defense either.  Not saying Chinn couldn't be an every down player, but I see him more as a safety than a LB. 

Harris is 240 lbs. Plenty big enough.  And I think Wilson has done a great job.  Im not going to argue Hitchens though

18 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Trey burton TE just got released from Chicago. Don’t know if this has been posted. 
I really like the addition of Ricky seal jones though. Burton is interesting. 

What is his deal? I would take a chance on him if nothing bad injury wise. Hard to look good with Trubisky as your QB.

14 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Lots of speculation around chiefs trading for leonard fournette. Personally I don’t see it, the dude kinda sucks and as a downhill back with limited pass catching ability.

i would rather snag a back in round 2 or 3

I mean he caught for 76 receptions and over 500 yards last year. That's not exactly what I'd call limited. And he's had injuries, but he's still got a rare blend of size, speed, athleticism. The cap hit this year would be palatable. Next year if we picked up the 5th year option it would be too much considering the Mahomes and Jones situations.

I'd do it for a 4th rounder, but I don't think the Chiefs will have any interest because of how high his cap number would be in 2021.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I mean he caught for 76 receptions and over 500 yards last year. That's not exactly what I'd call limited. And he's had injuries, but he's still got a rare blend of size, speed, athleticism. The cap hit this year would be palatable. Next year if we picked up the 5th year option it would be too much considering the Mahomes and Jones situations.

I'd do it for a 4th rounder, but I don't think the Chiefs will have any interest because of how high his cap number would be in 2021.

Do it for a 4th this year or a 3rd next year. Saves us from picking a RB earlier in the draft and we get a known commodity. Then in round 1-3 get the CB, LB and OL. Then we have a couple years at RB and can draft , FA etc for needs next year.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Do it for a 4th this year or a 3rd next year. Saves us from picking a RB earlier in the draft and we get a known commodity. Then in round 1-3 get the CB, LB and OL. Then we have a couple years at RB and can draft , FA etc for needs next year.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and better long term to just draft a RB in the mid rounds like always? 

I’d trade LDT for him or a 5th next year.  The Jags are a dumpster fire and no one wants to be there.  I think he would excel here but there might be 3rd rounders in this draft that we could get for 4 years at Fournettes 2020 cap hit combined.   Won’t be upset either way.

20 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I’d trade LDT for him or a 5th next year.  The Jags are a dumpster fire and no one wants to be there.  I think he would excel here but there might be 3rd rounders in this draft that we could get for 4 years at Fournettes 2020 cap hit combined.   Won’t be upset either way.

Why the hell would they want LDT? They just signed AJ Cann to 3 yr extension last offseason. He's been the starter there at RG for 5 years straight. Only missed 5 games since 2015.

He isn't great but he's cheaper than LDT. Their entire offensive line is young and homegrown except for LG, where they have Norwell who is also better than LDT.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why the hell would they want LDT? They just signed AJ Cann to 3 yr extension last offseason. He's been the starter there at RG for 5 years straight. Only missed 5 games since 2015.

He isn't great but he's cheaper than LDT. Their entire offensive line is young and homegrown except for LG, where they have Norwell who is also better than LDT.

The point was I wouldn’t give much of anything for him.   

Jags have put him on the block it seems.

I’ve said it before and still think he would worth trading for.

Could maybe include him on a Jones trade, which DT is the Jags biggest need atm.....

Jags have #9+#20 and two 1st next years as well.

Jags get:

‘Chris Jones

Chiefs get:

#20+2021 1st+Fournette