2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Don’t forget the potential comp pick if Daly and Spags can get Tacos career headed in the right direction like they did Ogbah. So it’s actually Ogbah in exchange for Taco, a 5Th rounder and another potential 5th rounder in addition to saving 3 million vs the CAP.  Veach gets it.  Add clear upside players at almost no risk in contract years.  

7 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Rather have Ogbah, but hoping for a breakout from taco.

Ogbah played well here but reality is we were 9-0 and played our best D after he got hurt. Clearly though Veach thought he needed a replacement with quick addition of Taco. Loser here appears to be Speaks. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Ogbah played well here but reality is we were 9-0 and played our best D after he got hurt. Clearly though Veach thought he needed a replacement with quick addition of Taco. Loser here appears to be Speaks. 

Thats too presumptuous. Veach clearly liked him enough to go up and get him. Thinking that has changed because he played poorly in limited action while completely miscast as a 34 OLB is going too far in my opinion. Especially when a DC as inflexible as Sutton was coaching him. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Nah. I think speaks is getting pushed inside as a pass rushing DT

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thats too presumptuous. Veach clearly liked him enough to go up and get him. Thinking that has changed because he played poorly in limited action while completely miscast as a 34 OLB is going too far in my opinion. Especially when a DC as inflexible as Sutton was coaching him. 

Well speaks does control his weight and being in shape. Whether he was miscasted or not, he did not show professionalism by being out of shape. Did it contribute to a knee injury? I hope he looks much better this year. Also he was suspended 4 games to begin the season too. He really needs to step it up this year.

3 hours ago, xen said:

This signing would have been better if they'd done it Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Taco Tuesday!!!

If they could have held out until Tuesday, it would have been Taco Tuesday on Cinco de Mayo in the year MMXX (MM "Dos Equis") that has been ruined by Corona.

16 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Defensive side is no brainer. Any CB/DB or LB available at any time will be on the Chiefs radar. 

On offense Saints will definitely release someone but Alex Mack is probably the most interesting guy. Still a great OC that made a lot of money playing for losers but at 34 a ring will probably be his priority. I think Chiefs have a huge leverage if he somehow becomes available.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

normally I'd say no  but maybe now with Breeland in his mess I'd say yes..the Chiefs will certainly need to bring in  somebody to fill the gap. 

I think we add another Mo Claiborne type just for stability, Logan Ryan would be a nice one year prove it player especially with all the young guys we have on the roster at CB.  

Ward, Breeland, Fenton, Sneed, Keyes, Hamilton....Ryan?    We gonna keep 7 DB's?   While Breeland is suspended it would be 6.   But we need at least one of our rookies to stick and they won't get much playing time behind Ward, Fenton, Breeland, Ryan and with HB playing the slot as well.   Will be interesting for sure.  Hope one of the new guys takes one of the older guys spot.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think we add another Mo Claiborne type just for stability, Logan Ryan would be a nice one year prove it player especially with all the young guys we have on the roster at CB.  

Ward, Breeland, Fenton, Sneed, Keyes, Hamilton....Ryan?    We gonna keep 7 DB's?   While Breeland is suspended it would be 6.   But we need at least one of our rookies to stick and they won't get much playing time behind Ward, Fenton, Breeland, Ryan and with HB playing the slot as well.   Will be interesting for sure.  Hope one of the new guys takes one of the older guys spot.

I doubt the Chiefs can afford Ryan.  He would be my first choice of FA defensive backs and the team needs to cut Breeland and move on.  I'm thinking they might go after a cheaper Apple who isn't as good but could have some upside and would give Sneed a little time to develop.  

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I doubt the Chiefs can afford Ryan.  He would be my first choice of FA defensive backs and the team needs to cut Breeland and move on.  I'm thinking they might go after a cheaper Apple who isn't as good but could have some upside and would give Sneed a little time to develop.  

I did not know he was still available..he's serviceable IMO

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I think eli apple is unable to pass a physical, something serious. If we signed logan ryan it would push fenton to the outside. I would be ok with this but im pretty high on fenton compared to most people 

Why do you think this? They never said the deal fell through because of injury. He really started to play good ball last year. He's first on my list of CB targets and honestly I'd want him on more than a 1 yr. 

Hes 24, has a size speed combo thats hard to find and the upside here is immense.

Eli Apple was just terrible in Spags pattern match zones.   He can't play man for shit.  He did better this pass year in nawlins cause it's a zone system and that really is where you'd get production out of him.

Spags knows this guy.  If he wanted him he'd be here.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

Eli Apple was just terrible in Spags pattern match zones.   He can't play man for shit.  He did better this pass year in nawlins cause it's a zone system and that really is where you'd get production out of him.

Spags knows this guy.  If he wanted him he'd be here.

Yea, I was never a fan of him.