2020 NFL Free Agency Thread

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why do you think this? They never said the deal fell through because of injury. He really started to play good ball last year. He's first on my list of CB targets and honestly I'd want him on more than a 1 yr. 

Hes 24, has a size speed combo thats hard to find and the upside here is immense.

He made some money with his rookie contract, I doubt he would go for a multi-year cheap deal at 24. Doesn't hurt to give a try though, might be the best CB available in terms of physical attributes but not really worth getting the hopes up that's for sure.

11 hours ago, xen said:

Eli Apple was just terrible in Spags pattern match zones.   He can't play man for shit.  He did better this pass year in nawlins cause it's a zone system and that really is where you'd get production out of him.

Spags knows this guy.  If he wanted him he'd be here.

Research determined this to be completely accurate. And I hate you.

11 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

If we can I’d like veach to get this guy. 

Over the Cap shows that after reworking LDT's deal we'd be hit with a 9 million dollar cap hit if we cut him.   We have 5 million in space at the moment but I'd imagine a good chunk ofthat goes towards rookies.   We could cut Sorensen, Wilson, and Reiter and probably get in the ballpark of what Larry needs but then we still are stuck with LDT on the roster as well.   As not great as Wilson is I don't think we can afford to lose him.   

16 minutes ago, xen said:

LDT is not going anywhere this year.  He'll be a UFA after 2021 if that helps ya.  

Did not know his hit was 9 mil now. Guess we are out unless Warford guy can play left side.

2 hours ago, xen said:

LDT is not going anywhere this year.  He'll be a UFA after 2021 if that helps ya.  

This.  Over the cap could be wrong but cutting him would be a full 9 million dollar cap hit.  Probably why LDT agreed to reworking his contract.  He was probably going to get cut unless he did it.   But he won't be hear next year.  

Just sucks because a quality player came available after the restructure.   I'm holding out hope that both Andy's see some good things in Allegretti, Rankins and Wylie back on the right side.   

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

This.  Over the cap could be wrong but cutting him would be a full 9 million dollar cap hit.  Probably why LDT agreed to reworking his contract.  He was probably going to get cut unless he did it.   But he won't be hear next year.  

Just sucks because a quality player came available after the restructure.   I'm holding out hope that both Andy's see some good things in Allegretti, Rankins and Wylie back on the right side.   

I think Rankins is our starter at LG day 1. Thats where he was at last year before he was injured, and he was playing good ball.  RG SHOULD be an open competition between LDT, Niang, Wylie and Remmers. But it won't be. They will stick with the guy that knows the playbook and has the experience. 

I hope Allegretti and Williams are given legit chances at Center but I doubt they will be either. Unfortunately I think C and RG are 2 positions that we will continue to flounder at until the staff has seen enough development from youngsters or enough suck from the incumbents. 

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think Rankins is our starter at LG day 1. Thats where he was at last year before he was injured, and he was playing good ball.  RG SHOULD be an open competition between LDT, Niang, Wylie and Remmers. But it won't be. They will stick with the guy that knows the playbook and has the experience. 

I hope Allegretti and Williams are given legit chances at Center but I doubt they will be either. Unfortunately I think C and RG are 2 positions that we will continue to flounder at until the staff has seen enough development from youngsters or enough suck from the incumbents. 

There's an excellent chance that the starters in the Texan game won't be the starters in the playoffs.  Niang, especially, will need time since OTAs and mini-camp are out the window.  I just hope Allegretti shows enough to earn the OC job.  That's the weakest position on the O-line. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

There's an excellent chance that the starters in the Texan game won't be the starters in the playoffs.  Niang, especially, will need time since OTAs and mini-camp are out the window.  I just hope Allegretti shows enough to earn the OC job.  That's the weakest position on the O-line. 

A very good argument count be made for LDT.   My hope is given the chance he can take LDTs spot as he did look better on the right side.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It would be great to upgrade the line, but I don't think one OG will increase the SB chances ten fold. 

Yeah but a line that can open up holes for running inside and give Mahomes an extra second or 2 in pass pro would be huge.

22 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Chiefs looked at peat I believe when saints let him go so u never know. 

I think what makes this more difficult to pull off is we could have cut LDT before we reworked his contract for 4 million dollar cap Savings but now it’s a 9 million dollar hit.    Would have been fairly simple with LDT and say Sorensen but now after the rookie pool we have like maybe 2 million left.   We have Chris Jones to sign and then Mahomes.   That’s kicking a lot of money down the road.   Still hard to go wrong with paying good lineman in their prime.   I think we would be surprised to see the difference in offense and our right side of the line would be stout!   We can dream can’t we lol

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think what makes this more difficult to pull off is we could have cut LDT before we reworked his contract for 4 million dollar cap Savings but now it’s a 9 million dollar hit.    Would have been fairly simple with LDT and say Sorensen but now after the rookie pool we have like maybe 2 million left.   We have Chris Jones to sign and then Mahomes.   That’s kicking a lot of money down the road.   Still hard to go wrong with paying good lineman in their prime.   I think we would be surprised to see the difference in offense and our right side of the line would be stout!   We can dream can’t we lol

Meh can just trade LDT this summer for some teams 7th rounder and only take $2M hit.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah but a line that can open up holes for running inside and give Mahomes an extra second or 2 in pass pro would be huge.

I’m 100% in with signing him!  Would be a great pickup and OF COURSE look at trading Fish next off-season to gain cap space.