Fuller gone

Interesting point on "locked on Chiefs" today.  They said that teams that sign big names early in the FA period tend to overpay and I believe them.  If a player and his agent jumps at a first day deal, they probably don't have any other offers close to the one they take.  Also, if the Chiefs trade Jones, they won't get as much as SFO did for Buckner.  No team is going to give up a high first for a great pass rushing DT that doesn't play the run as well as Buckner.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Interesting point on "locked on Chiefs" today.  They said that teams that sign big names early in the FA period tend to overpay and I believe them.  If a player and his agent jumps at a first day deal, they probably don't have any other offers close to the one they take.  Also, if the Chiefs trade Jones, they won't get as much as SFO did for Buckner.  No team is going to give up a high first for a great pass rushing DT that doesn't play the run as well as Buckner.

He is better vs the run but not the pass and his numbers will drop this year without that all star cast around him giving him a lot of 1v1 looks.   Chris Jones was the most doubled teamed player I think and he still put up elite numbers without Bosa, Ford, And Arstesd around him and those incredible lbs behind him.   I do agree Ballard three a wrench in thing because more than likely Veach comes out looking bad either way.  

12 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Fuller and Ogbah already have netted us likely a 3rd/4th and 7th round comp pick. Breeland would get us another 3rd if we don’t resign. Robinson could be next. I’m sure we will sign someone to impact formula or resign Breeland. but I think Veach could be in accumulating picks mode. 

As for Fuller, I like his versatility and age. But he was never consistent here and was acquired to play in the old scheme. 

Honestly, I think this is a great strategy, and I hope Veach is doing just that.  Our core group is young, and we're talented enough that we can just keep supplementing from the draft.   Keep netting those comp picks.