Gurley Released

TomahawkChop

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Still would be nice to see in KC for a 1 year deal. Not going to happen by odds but he may want a ring chance.

I would not want him eating up any cap space for the Chiefs.  I think a difference maker can be had in the middle rounds of the draft and with Williams, Williams and Thompson the Chiefs already have a very capable stable of running backs.  

2 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

I would not want him eating up any cap space for the Chiefs.  I think a difference maker can be had in the middle rounds of the draft and with Williams, Williams and Thompson the Chiefs already have a very capable stable of running backs.  

Maybe but I would leave it to Reid and Veach to look at him and decide. At least do their due diligence which i am sure they will. Gurley knows what it is like to get to the big game and the feeling. Now see if he wants to get the feeling of winning it all. If all checks out health wise and we do get him we will be unbelievably great on offense. There is cuts we can do to make it happen and fill in the line help, LB and CB positions too via draft etc.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe but I would leave it to Reid and Veach to look at him and decide. At least do their due diligence which i am sure they will. Gurley knows what it is like to get to the big game and the feeling. Now see if he wants to get the feeling of winning it all. If all checks out health wise and we do get him we will be unbelievably great on offense. Their is cuts we can do to make it happen and fill in the line help, LB and CB positions too via draft etc.

Yeah I think he has more left in the tank and would love to have him here at 1/5m.  

A lot depends on the arthritic condition of the knee he tore his ACL in and where you feel he can be at with that. The fact he hasn't had arthroscopic surgery during the offseason to debride the joint, or at least so much as I know, gives me pause. 

2 hours ago, kccrow said:

A lot depends on the arthritic condition of the knee he tore his ACL in and where you feel he can be at with that. The fact he hasn't had arthroscopic surgery during the offseason to debride the joint, or at least so much as I know, gives me pause. 

You could say it the other imo, maybe it’s a good thing he’s has no procedures. Maybe it’s fine. Maybe it wasn’t all him. He’s young. He should be able to regain some form. But as far as picking him up, no thanks. 

16 hours ago, xen said:

lol or maybe not.  There's a reason some teams suck despite a good QB.  Bad decisions.

I did read that the deal is subject to him passing a physical, but they don't know when that'll take place just yet. Hmm.