Second Mock Offseason because I'm bored

Lamardirts

Trade Chris Jones to Miami for 26 and 70.   Its worth 940 on the trade value chart and while Buckner got 1140 I think Ballard way overpaid and set an unrealistic bar.   They still have over 40 million in cap space and with Jones that defense could easily be top 10.   

Restructure Sammy Watkins 2 /24.    5m signing bonus 7m - 2020   12m -2021

Cut LDT, Sorenson, Reiter 

Sign Ronald Leary OG- 1/4.5 million

Sign Trumaine Johnson S / CB- 1 / 3.5 million

Sign Artie Burns 1 / 1.5 million

Sign Dez Bryant 1 / 2 million

Sign Dontari Poe 1/ 3 million 

Extend Pat Mahomes - 5/175 milllion     with 100m in guarantees.   

Resign Bashaud Breeland 3/24m -  signing bonus 5million - 1st year 3 million the other 2 close to 10 million.  Easy to get out after 2 years.  

Resing Mike Pennel - 2/10 million

Draft Class - 4 million

Cap Space - 1  million

Trade #32 to Indy for (2) 34 and (5) 160 so they can get their qb of the future with the 5th year option.

Draft:

1 -26. Patrick Queen - LB  - Over half the mocks have him available at 26.  I think him or Murray will be here, we just have to be in front of Balt.

2. 34.  Jeff Gladney - CB 

2-63.  Lloyd Cushenberry - OC

3-70.  Alton Robinson - DE

3-96.   Cam Dantzler - CB

4-128  Matt Peart - OT

5- 160 Bryan Edwards - WR

5-177.  Michael Divinity Jr - OLB

Offensive Line  

Fisher / Peart

Rankins / Wylie

Cushenberry / Allegreti

Leary / Wylie 

Schwartz / Senat 

WR

Hill / Pringle

Watkins / Edwards

Hardman / Bryant / (Fortson)

RB

Damien Williams / Weber / Thompson / Williams

TE 

Kelce /  Lovett (FB too) / Kiezer

QB

Mahomes /Henne

Defense 

DE - 29

Clark / Kpass / Ward

Okafor / Robinson 

DT

Pennel / Saunders / 

Nnadi / Poe / Speaks

LB

Hitchens / Damien Wilson

Damien Wilson / Divinity

Queen / Nieman (ST) 

HB / Watts 

Thornhill / T. Johnson (CB/S)

CB

Ward / Burns / T. Johnson (CB/S)

Breeland / Dantzler / Hamilton (ST) 

Gladney / Fenton

ST

Butker / Colquitt / Winchester

I tried to be realistic but what say you?  

Pretty close to what I hope for.  Several mocks I've run had eight picks in the first five rounds.  I had Jones traded for a late first and a fourth.  Queen may go earlier, but Murray could still be there at #26.  Maybe the third round is a little early to pick the second CB.  Ackers or Moss (RBs) in the third might be better.  Also might find a D-line there.

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

Pretty close to what I hope for.  Several mocks I've run had eight picks in the first five rounds.  I had Jones traded for a late first and a fourth.  Queen may go earlier, but Murray could still be there at #26.  Maybe the third round is a little early to pick the second CB.  Ackers or Moss (RBs) in the third might be better.  Also might find a D-line there.

I had Moss there originally but changed it so yeah I would totally be down with that.   I actually had a hard time putting Queen there because I think he will be gone but so many mocks have him going to the Ravens at 28.  Not sure about this Remmers guy if they view him as starter comp or just a very good/exp backup across the L.

58 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I had Moss there originally but changed it so yeah I would totally be down with that.   I actually had a hard time putting Queen there because I think he will be gone but so many mocks have him going to the Ravens at 28.  Not sure about this Remmers guy if they view him as starter comp or just a very good/exp backup across the L.

For now, it would seem Hamilton is a back up and ST replacement for Robinson.  His addition might mean the Chiefs only draft one CB even if they collect more picks unless a future starter falls their way on the third day.  Same thing with Remmers.  Assuming the Chiefs pick a day two IOL, that may be the final piece even if Remmers is a back up OT or competes for an IOL job. 

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

For now, it would seem Hamilton is a back up and ST replacement for Robinson.  His addition might mean the Chiefs only draft one CB even if they collect more picks unless a future starter falls their way on the third day.  Same thing with Remmers.  Assuming the Chiefs pick a day two IOL, that may be the final piece even if Remmers is a back up OT or competes for an IOL job. 

Yeah I think its less likely that Peart gets drafted with Remmers on board but eventually we are going to have to find Fisher's replacement.  Maybe they think Senat has a chance to do that....would be nice to fill some holes with in house replacements.  I like the Hamilton signing.  Good core ST player and maybe our secondary coaches can coach him into a decent emergency backup.