Draft Simulations

jetlord

Because there's a lull in off season activity at the moment, I sometimes play around with the draft simulators on line.  It's pretty meaningless since the boards are all over the place and also we don't know what trades might be in the works.  Still, it's cheap entertainment and fun to pretend.  Does anyone else play with these and if so, which simulator do you find most realistic and who's board do you think most accurate? 

None of them are ever even remotely close to accurate with player placement so it's usually an exercise in futility. That said, they are amusing and I find myself doing a few at First-Pick and Draft Network every year... 

52 minutes ago, kccrow said:

None of them are ever even remotely close to accurate with player placement so it's usually an exercise in futility. That said, they are amusing and I find myself doing a few at First-Pick and Draft Network every year... 

Agree.  While the team needs are slightly factored in, the boards are all over the place.  Do you have a favorite board ranking of players?  Not just how they would fit into the Chiefs' system, but overall.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  While the team needs are slightly factored in, the boards are all over the place.  Do you have a favorite board ranking of players?  Not just how they would fit into the Chiefs' system, but overall.

Huddle Report when they come out with a final rank is usually quite accurate but you're only getting top-200. NFL Draft Scout was my favorite overall but I think they are in a transitional phase or something but you can still get to their database, plus they contribute to the CBS rankings as of the past few years. Most of the rest are relative garbage, especially DraftTek and Draft Network (although they have decent player evals they don't get the placement down).  There are other good places to get tidbits, but you aren't generally going to get great stuff from most, especially past the top 100 players.