6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Ok so based on current guys signed who qualifies for a potential comp pick?

Who knows? The formula used is a secret. It goes off amount signed, time played, stats, if they become pro bowl type guy etc. The quality of players lost.

They then take into account FA the losing team, say the Chiefs, sign themselves. You can also receive comp picks if you lose more than gain in FA.  They throw it all into a blender and spit out comp picks. Highest you can get is end of 3rd round. Most you can get is 4 comp picks per year.

So far projections are looking like a possible 4 for Fuller and a 5 for Ogbah.

Reminder, rules for compensatory free agents are changing now with the new CBA.  Free agents will have to be in the top 35% of NFL salaries to qualify.  Used to be top 50%.  Also this can change now at the end of each season with the salary recalcs, as not likely to be earned incentives are now counted when they trigger.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Breakdown of changes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/overthecap.com/2021-compensatory-picks-potential-and-preview/amp/

With so little cap space in FA we sure will get some picks next year but with all the QBs moving around we might not get as high as we normally would. Also surprised with the lack of money for Breeland but he might be sitting out to see the highest bidder. 

According to @xen's post I think there'll be less picks to go around in the future with the 35% rule so it might be a fairer playground for most. 

the NFL is surprisingly charitable with the value of the comp picks.  You can only get 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a 3rd for Fuller and a 6th for Ogbah.

I doubt the contracts for Ragland and B. Bell will fetch any comps but we'll see. 

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

the NFL is surprisingly charitable with the value of the comp picks.  You can only get 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a 3rd for Fuller and a 6th for Ogbah.

I doubt the contracts for Ragland and B. Bell will fetch any comps but we'll see. 

What were the terms for Rags deal?

On 3/27/2020 at 8:12 AM, AFCWEST said:

Ok so based on current guys signed who qualifies for a potential comp pick?

Fuller and possibly Breeland would seem the most likely to be starters with the acquiring teams.  Don't think Was or Lucas would return much. 

On 3/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

What were the terms for Rags deal?

On 3/27/2020 at 2:40 PM, dksww said:

I haven't seen it come out yet.

All I'm finding is that it was a one year deal but no $ terms.