Mocking some trades

Palangi

Eric Fisher to Chicago bears for picks 50 (2nd round) and 196 (5th round) 

This frees up money for Kansas city.  For Chicago it finally gives them a legit starting LT. They have to start protecting the QB whether that is Trubisky or someone else. Charles Leno needs to be replaced.  Chicago has 2 second round picks and 2 5th round picks. We get the second pick in round 2 and the first pick in round 5.

Sammy Watkins to Miami Dolphins for pick 70 (3rd round) 

Again a money dump for Kansas city.  Jones and mahomes are more worth the money.  Miami has 4 picks before this one.  Sp they are getting a lot of young talent.  A good veteran WR is needed.  Especially with then bringing in a young QB

LDT to Green Bay Packers for pick 209 (6th round) 

Continuing to get out of back contacts.  Green Bay gets a good solid guard to play opposite Jenkins. Strengthening their line for Rogers. 

Making these trades allows us to bring Beshaud Breeland back. 

1. Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia 6'6" 350- big athletic kid that is strong.  Has top ten talent and would have been had he gone back to Georgia for one more year. Brings a nasty physical demeanor to our line. 

2. Bryce Hall CB Virginia 6'1" 200- long athletic corner that Spagnola likes.  Has chemistry with Thornhill already too.

2. Willie Gay LB Mississippi State 6'2" 240- we do a thorough back ground check.  This kid has round 1 talent.  We have great leadership on defense for this kid to learn from and keep him focused. 

3. AJ Dillon RB Boston College 6' 245- very athletic for his size. Great balance and vision.  Will be a great 1-2 punch with Darwin Thompson in the future.  

3. Tyre Phillips OL Mississippi State 6'5" 335- big long physical lineman.  Played tackle in college.  Moves to RG. Had a very good senior bowl.  We interviewed him there and the combine. Has a 35"plus reach.  

4. John Hightower WR Boise State 6'2" 190- big play fast WR with great return abilities too. Ran a 4.43 at the combine.  Has good size and length.  

5. LJarius Sneed S/CB Louisiana Tech 6'1" 200 - has experience at corner and safety.  Ran a 4.38 at the combine.  Could back up Thornhill or push for a corner spot.  

5. DJ Wonnum DE South Carolina 6'5" 260- long athletic kid. Had a 34" wingspan.  Has the size Spagnola likes. 

6. Calvin Throckmorton OL Oregon 6'5" 320- big physical kid played all 5 spots in college.  Will be an interior guy at these next level.  Getting him here allows us to cut Reiter let Allegretti run with the center spot and throckmorton as the back up.  

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Ta'amu

RB- Williams,  Thompson,  Dillon,  Weber

FB- Sherman, Lovett

WR- Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Hightower, Deiter, Davis

TE- Kelce, Yelder, Fortson, Mack

LT- Wilson, Senat

LG- Rankin, Wylie 

C- Allegretti,  Throckmorton 

RG- Phillips, Wylie

RT- Schwartz, Barton 

LE- Okafor, Kpass,  Ward

DT- Jones,  Saunders, Speaks

DT- Nnadi, Pennel, Lanier

RE- Clark, Harris, Wonnum

SLB- Wilson,  Neimann 

MLB- Hitchens,  Harris

WLB- Gay, O'daniel

CB- Breeland, Hall

CB- Ward, Hamilton, Sneed

NB- Felton, Brown

SS- Matheiu, Sorenson

FS- Thornhill, Watts, Sneed

Who's playing LT.  I see you grabbed a developmental right tackle in the first.  Moving Schwartz?  Like the player and he's athletic for his size, but to me he's probably not made for a zone system like ours.  

Love Bryce Hall. 

Would not touch Gay even on day 3.

Dillon I like but he's probably a one contract back with all the miles on him.  If you want a banger, Zach Moss should be there too.  Personally I'd prefer guys like Cam Akers or Edwards-Helaire.

Overall good job but I think you created an unnecessary hole at left tackle and Tyre is a square peg in a round hole for a zone run system, even at guard.  Jmo.  

Wilson has a higher ceiling than Fisher. And is very athletic for his size.  

I agree to a point with tyre. But he was interviewed by us at the senior bowl and combine.  I went back and forth between him and Saahdiq Charles from LSU. Who I think gets kicked inside to guard

21 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Wilson has a higher ceiling than Fisher. And is very athletic for his size.  

I agree to a point with tyre. But he was interviewed by us at the senior bowl and combine.  I went back and forth between him and Saahdiq Charles from LSU. Who I think gets kicked inside to guard

Charles is Andy's kind of tackle.  Athletic and mobile with fixable technique issues, and needs a year in an NFL weight room.  I would swap those 2.  I actually think Charles could be your left tackle of the future and put Wilson on the right.

In his last years in philly he had

Jason Peter 6'5" 330

Todd Herramans 6'7" 330

King dunlop 6'8" 320

Wilson at 6'6" 350 isn't much different especially considering he ran a 5.2 at the combine.  He's athletic to get out and block.  Charles I'd only 6'4 1/8" 321 with 33"arms.  He screams athletic guard which Andy loves. Andy had loved big and long tackles with athletic guards. 

LT- Wilson

LG- Rankin 

C- Allegretti

RG- Charles

RT- Schwartz 

Charles would be fine at guard but would need a year to get stronger and develop.  I could see that, and he definitely fits the mold.

You might be right about Wilson but I don't think he's mobile enough to pull like Andy likes.  He's athletic for a 350 lb dude but his COD is awful.

Jason Peters and Fish are both athletic freaks though.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Charles would be fine at guard but would need a year to get stronger and develop.  I could see that, and he definitely fits the mold.

You might be right about Wilson but I don't think he's mobile enough to pull like Andy likes.  He's athletic for a 350 lb dude but his COD is awful.

Ot tackles don't pull often.  That is our center and guard.  

But I agree I think Charles is very intriguing ad a guard. 

Brah Fish is out in space on outside zone plays enough that mobility should be a concern for any LT prospect.   But Andy would figure out how to use a road grater like Wilson anyway.  I honestly don't think Fish is going anywhere though so it's probably moot.

I doubt think he is either.  I was just doing a mock where we trade some contracts away. 

Also Wilson showed great ability to block on the second level.  He would be just fine zone blocking.  Georgia does a lot of zone blocking

The Chiefs should be very reluctant to give up Fisher until there's a proven replacement available and a second round rookie ain't it.  Mahomes is too valuable to be blindsided because of a rookie mistake.  Fish may not be #1 overall quality, but he isn't bad.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs should be very reluctant to give up Fisher until there's a proven replacement available and a second round rookie ain't it.  Mahomes is too valuable to be blindsided because of a rookie mistake.  Fish may not be #1 overall quality, but he isn't bad.  

I agree

I think you draft a guy like Matt Peart or someone in rounds 4-5 and allow him a year to season and then consider trading Fisher.  We have Senat on the team and I'm not sure what Andy and Co think about him but we are eventually going to have to address that position.  But I agree when trying to run it back less change is probably better.   Considering we won the SB last year and didn't remotely have it all put together on O.   My guess is fix that IOL and this O will set some records.   

14 hours ago, xen said:

Brah Fish is out in space on outside zone plays enough that mobility should be a concern for any LT prospect.   But Andy would figure out how to use a road grater like Wilson anyway.  I honestly don't think Fish is going anywhere though so it's probably moot.

The only reason theyd move on is the cap savings. Frees up 11 mill with only 3 mill in dead money next offseason. If the cap goes up like you predict, it wont matter. But if the increase is minimal like this year, hed be a prime candidate for release, if they draft a guy to groom and start next year.

With the areas that need fixing this year, why would the Chiefs focus on OT now?  Fisher and Schwartz are good for two more seasons and it would be unusual and wasteful to have a #1 pick on the bench for that long.  Fix the interior first.  Morse, Hudson, Allen among others were first year starters and there are plenty of equally talented  OC/OG prospects that will be available on the second day.  They will compete with Allegretti, Rankin, Wiley, Reiter,  etc. and probably start very soon. 

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

With the areas that need fixing this year, why would the Chiefs focus on OT now?  Fisher and Schwartz are good for two more seasons and it would be unusual and wasteful to have a #1 pick on the bench for that long.  Fix the interior first.  Morse, Hudson, Allen among others were first year starters and there are plenty of equally talented  OC/OG prospects that will be available on the second day.  They will compete with Allegretti, Rankin, Wiley, Reiter,  etc. and probably start very soon. 

Yep.  But if a guy lime Josh Jones or Prince Wanogho drops, we need to take a hard look.  Both those guys would need time and a good OL coach, but we have both.

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Yep.  But if a guy lime Josh Jones or Prince Wanogho drops, we need to take a hard look.  Both those guys would need time and a good OL coach, but we have both.

Can't disagree, but we have to keep in mind that the Chiefs are in a "win now" mode and have to fix the LB, CB, and IOL for this season.  If an OT is BPA for their first pick, it would be hard to pass up, but they had better have a plan to get two CBs and a starting OC/OG along with to good LB in the process. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Can't disagree, but we have to keep in mind that the Chiefs are in a "win now" mode and have to fix the LB, CB, and IOL for this season.  If an OT is BPA for their first pick, it would be hard to pass up, but they had better have a plan to get two CBs and a starting OC/OG along with to good LB in the process. 

Which I did in my mock draft. 

2 CBs

1 LB plus you have to look at Darius Harris as an extra at to LB.

Then we get younger at LT and save money. 

52 minutes ago, Palangi said:

2 CBs

Understand.  I just don't see Wilson as an immediate starter at LT.  I'd also hate to depend on Gay at LB.  He may be great, but he's high risk at the moment. 

58 minutes ago, Palangi said:

2 CBs

Veach really liked Harris. Said he wouldve been draftable if not for his injury and a guy he though could been eventual starter in the league. I'm not counting on that this year, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he made the team.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah but some asshole convinced me we could stash a tackle at guard for a year or 2 until they're ready...

Just now, xen said:

Yeah but some asshole convinced me we could stash a tackle at guard for a year or 2 until they're ready...

Who would suggest such a stupid thing?  If Wilson can play guard for a year that would add to his value but the Chiefs still need an OC.  I'll have to go back to find examples of good OTs who played IOL at the beginning.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Who would suggest such a stupid thing?  If Wilson can play guard for a year that would add to his value but the Chiefs still need an OC.  I'll have to go back to find examples of good OTs who played IOL at the beginning.

I don't think I'm advocating Wilson cause i still think he's a power system right tackle but he could play guard I would think.  

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Understand.  I just don't see Wilson as an immediate starter at LT.  I'd also hate to depend on Gay at LB.  He may be great, but he's high risk at the moment. 

I was very hesitant on Gay myself.  His talent is undeniable though.  

My thoughts are with guys like Matheiu, Jones and Clark as leaders on defense we could keep  Gay focused and on point. 

You would definitely have to trust your leadership