Mocking some trades

Palangi

4 hours ago, xen said:

Yep.  But if a guy lime Josh Jones or Prince Wanogho drops, we need to take a hard look.  Both those guys would need time and a good OL coach, but we have both.

Isaiah Wilson had a faster 10 yards split than Jones.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Isaiah Wilson had a faster 10 yards split than Jones.  

Yes maybe a bit faster but less COD and ability in space.  Wilson was a better college player but Jones has a higher ceiling in a zone blocking system and you can grab him later.

I decided to redo this draft because it was too hard to look past Fisher.  

Trade or first round pick to Jacksonville.  For their 2nd rounder and 4th rounder.  They move up to get Jacob Eason and the 5th year option with a fist round pick

Sammy Watkins to Philadelphia Eagles for pick 127 4th round and 168 5th round) 

Again a money dump for Kansas city.  Jones and mahomes are more worth the money.  Philly has 3 4th round picks.  They need WR help.  A good veteran WR is needed.  Wentz needs some help. 

LDT to Green Bay Packers for pick 209 (6th round) 

Continuing to get out of back contacts.  Green Bay gets a good solid guard to play opposite Jenkins. Strengthening their line for Rogers. 

Making these trades allows us to bring Beshaud Breeland back. 

2. Robert Hunt OL Louisiana Lafayette 6'5" 320- big physical kid with really good feet and movement skills.  Day 1 starter with big time potential.  We interviewed him at the combine. 

2. Bryce Hall CB Virginia 6'1" 200- long athletic corner that Spagnola likes.  Has chemistry with Thornhill already too.

3. Netane Muti OL Fresno State 6'3" 310- strong physical kid.  Did 44 reps at the combine.  Is an absolute anchor in the pass game and bulldozer in run game.  We take him to play center.  And he would be a strong about in the middle. 

4.   Michael Ojemudia CB Iowa 6'1"200-  big athletic corner.  We need depth and possible players. 

4. Mykal Walker ILB Fresno State 6'3" 230- athletic LB. Can come in and compete with O'Daniel at the Will LB spot. Plays with attitude also. 

4. John Hightower WR Boise State 6'2" 190- big play fast WR with great return abilities too. Ran a 4.43 at the combine.  Has good size and length.  

5. LJarius Sneed S/CB Louisiana Tech 6'1" 200 - has experience at corner and safety.  Ran a 4.38 at the combine.  Could back up Thornhill or push for a corner spot.  

5. DJ Wonnum DE South Carolina 6'5" 260- long athletic kid. Had a 34" wingspan.  Has the size Spagnola likes.

6. Patrick Taylor RB Memphis 6'1" 220- physical back with good speed.  Ran a 4.56 at the combine

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Ta'amu

RB- Williams,  Thompson,  Taylor,  Weber

FB- Sherman, Lovett

WR- Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Hightower, Deiter, Davis

TE- Kelce, Yelder, Fortson, Mack

LT- Wilson, Senat

LG- Rankin, Wylie 

C-  Muti, Allegretti

RG- Hunt, Wylie

RT- Schwartz, Barton 

LE- Okafor, Kpass,  Ward

DT- Jones,  Saunders, Speaks

DT- Nnadi, Pennel, Lanier

RE- Clark, Harris, Wonnum

SLB- Wilson,  Neimann 

MLB- Hitchens,  Harris

WLB- O'daniel, Walker

CB- Breeland, Hall

CB- Ward, Ojemudia, Hamilton

NB- Felton, Brown

SS- Matheiu, Sorenson

FS- Thornhill, Watts, Sneed

Sammy would have to negotiate down quite a bit before anyone gave up a fourth for him.  If the Chiefs draft Hunt in the second, I don't see them going IOL again in the third although I like both players.  They need a  lineman who can play OC and Hunt may not fit that criteria.  The Chiefs need to find a LB earlier in the draft, someone who can contribute this year.  Like the trades and am just playing devil's advocate with your post. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Sammy would have to negotiate down quite a bit before anyone gave up a fourth for him.  If the Chiefs draft Hunt in the second, I don't see them going IOL again in the third although I like both players.  They need a  lineman who can play OC and Hunt may not fit that criteria.  The Chiefs need to find a LB earlier in the draft, someone who can contribute this year.  Like the trades and am just playing devil's advocate with your post. 

I am a proponent of them cutting Reiter.  But, I am not sure that they are.  He probably stays.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

I am a proponent of them cutting Reiter.  But, I am not sure that they are.  He probably stays.

Agree, but they have to have a plan to replace him.  Maybe if they draft an instant starter they will cut Reiter after the draft.  He probably has very little trade value.

I'm honestly of the opinion that KC does nothing at OC this year. They drafted Allegretti with the intent of developing him there and I feel like Reiter is the stop-gap while that happens. Allegretti didn't look all that bad in the preseason last year and could legitimately fight Reiter for that spot this year.

I think they will do their diligence and draft a guy that can play multiple spots at tackle or guard. I honestly think Saahdiq Charles is the guy. He's a little short-limbed to stay outside at tackle permanently, but he has the athleticism and handled it in the SEC plus he looks like a legit Andy Reid guard. I think with Rankin and Charles they'd at least have some options in a pinch. 

5 hours ago, kccrow said:

I'm honestly of the opinion that KC does nothing at OC this year. They drafted Allegretti with the intent of developing him there and I feel like Reiter is the stop-gap while that happens. Allegretti didn't look all that bad in the preseason last year and could legitimately fight Reiter for that spot this year.

I think they will do their diligence and draft a guy that can play multiple spots at tackle or guard. I honestly think Saahdiq Charles is the guy. He's a little short-limbed to stay outside at tackle permanently, but he has the athleticism and handled it in the SEC plus he looks like a legit Andy Reid guard. I think with Rankin and Charles they'd at least have some options in a pinch. 

Sure wish we knew what the Chiefs plan to do with Allegretti this year.  If he's projected to be the starting OC, then drafting a starting quality guard would be all they need to fix the O-line for this year.  It's too early to draft Fisher's or Schwartz's replacement.  That would take a higher round pick and the Chiefs can't afford to have a second rounder sit for two years and I think you pointed out that playing the future OT at guard  while he develops isn't the ideal situation. If they aren't looking for a center, then I like Robert Hunt.  Big guy that can play OG but could be a backup at OT maybe.  What do you think of Muti?  Could be a steal in the fourth round but he sure has been injured a lot and without the pro days and such, probably too big of a risk. 

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Sure wish we knew what the Chiefs plan to do with Allegretti this year.  If he's projected to be the starting OC, then drafting a starting quality guard would be all they need to fix the O-line for this year.  It's too early to draft Fisher's or Schwartz's replacement.  That would take a higher round pick and the Chiefs can't afford to have a second rounder sit for two years and I think you pointed out that playing the future OT at guard  while he develops isn't the ideal situation. If they aren't looking for a center, then I like Robert Hunt.  Big guy that can play OG but could be a backup at OT maybe.  What do you think of Muti?  Could be a steal in the fourth round but he sure has been injured a lot and without the pro days and such, probably too big of a risk. 

The more I read about Allegretti in college the more I like. Extremely intelligent and a natural leader. Good size as well. I think he may be our starter at center eventually. I wish theyd give him a legit shot to take the job this year but I think Reiter is gonna be the guy. It stinks because Reiter is really a sub par player. 

And I love Robert Hunt at RG for us. Fisher, Rankin, Allegretti, Hunt, Schwartz. That could be a legit line.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

And I love Robert Hunt at RG for us. Fisher, Rankin, Allegretti, Hunt, Schwartz. That could be a legit line.

There would be the usual growing pains, whiffs, and holding calls on the youngsters, but at least there would be the beginnings of a future solid line. 

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

Guys that tend to be injury-prone tend to stay injury-prone... I'm not against it if they are freak deals, depends on real nature. For Muti, it's one foot-related injury after another. I'm a bit suspect. I probably would pass. I'd rather take a shot on a guy like Lucas Niang, who had a single injury that has been proven not to affect the long-term success of a player, and who has a higher round skillset. I do like Hunt and If he's there in the 3rd I wouldn't have an issue but the 2nd is too rich for him, which is where I'm seeing alot of mocks putting him.

• 3 weeks later...