Mock draft links

kkuenn

12 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Just throwing this out there for any links to our picks. Fun to see what some think.

This guy has us trading down twice to get extra picks.

The trades are good, but I'm not in love with the picks.  There should be higher ranked CBs at #37 and a LB is more important than a RB late in the second.  Also think Gay is too risky of a pick to make him the only LB, especially since the team can't interview him face to face. 

• 2 weeks later...

Something that really annoys me is mocks that have us taking a player simply because it "fills a need". Nothing about whether the player is athletic, long, great motor, great hands, etc. Just that they happen to check a box. I've seen some players mocked to us that would be a huge reach...but hey, they fill a need.

52 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It seems that a high number of the self appointed experts have the Chiefs going RB early.  Do they watch the Reid offense or are they just remembering the loss of Hunt and want to replace him?

Maybe they see the defense as being good as is. True we could draft a development type guy but if we got a true stud rb on offense....that will help the defense too. Time of possession, scoring on offense etc. We do have the draft, FA, more cap and can still tag and trade Jones next year too.

I think we have forgotten what an upper echelon rb looks like in our offense and what our offense looks like with an upper echelon rb.   I think Andy has done a masterful job of using what he has but adding an elite rb to our offense would another wrinkle for an already daunting offense.   Not saying we should use our first round pick on one but if we draft one I won't be upset especially if we draft a center as well.   I honestly can't imagine what this offense could do with a better IOL and an upgrade at RB.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think we have forgotten what an upper echelon rb looks like in our offense and what our offense looks like with an upper echelon rb.   I think Andy has done a masterful job of using what he has but adding an elite rb to our offense would another wrinkle for an already daunting offense.   Not saying we should use our first round pick on one but if we draft one I won't be upset especially if we draft a center as well.   I honestly can't imagine what this offense could do with a better IOL and an upgrade at RB.

A RB in round three would make sense depending on the trades Veach makes to get more picks.  The Chiefs don't need a ground pounder early in the draft.  They could use a pass catching and QB protecting type, especially since Damian seems to get hurt at times.  Those types can be found in the mid draft. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

A RB in round three would make sense depending on the trades Veach makes to get more picks.  The Chiefs don't need a ground pounder early in the draft.  They could use a pass catching and QB protecting type, especially since Damian seems to get hurt at times.  Those types can be found in the mid draft. 

I'm just saying if they go DB, RB, IOL in that order I won't get upset.    To be honest there won't be much value at all at 63 for a linebacker so unless one falls to us at 32 I'm all for BPA at 63 and if thats a rb then so be it.   Again I'd prefer DB, LB, IOL with our first 3 picks and not necessarily in that order but I won't complain about BPA.

1 Kristian Fulton/Jeff Gladney

2 Clyde Edwards Helaire

3 Matt Hennessy 

I just wish we knew what Allegretti was going to be for sure. Center or Guard? What had he made as strides? Then there is Rankins and others too. We may have to wait and see but the coaches all know what they have seen.

Hell they may not even go IOL or LB with some they have on the team now and going into their 2nd years etc

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I just wish we knew what Allegretti was going to be for sure. Center or Guard? What had he made as strides? Then there is Rankins and others too. We may have to wait and see but the coaches all know what they have seen.

Hell they may not even go IOL or LB with some they have on the team now and going into their 2nd years etc

I think we all liked them Allegretti kid and it would be great if he could step in.  I’m pretty sure they are Rankin as a starter but who knows.  Wylie played better at RG but we have LDT who sucked last year and is making a lot of money but is still on the roster.   Reiter was underwhelming to say the least.   Then I think about Reggie McKenzies boy who we kept for two years and many of us thought t he same about him and then boom we cut him for some lackluster guys so who knows.   All I know is if we can upgrade that IOL and that shouldn’t be hard considering Wiz helped out and he wasn’t a world beater, we could make break a lot of records next years and win a lot of games.

16 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think we all liked them Allegretti kid and it would be great if he could step in.  I’m pretty sure they are Rankin as a starter but who knows.  Wylie played better at RG but we have LDT who sucked last year and is making a lot of money but is still on the roster.   Reiter was underwhelming to say the least.   Then I think about Reggie McKenzies boy who we kept for two years and many of us thought t he same about him and then boom we cut him for some lackluster guys so who knows.   All I know is if we can upgrade that IOL and that shouldn’t be hard considering Wiz helped out and he wasn’t a world beater, we could make break a lot of records next years and win a lot of games.

Maybe Rankins as LG, Allegretti at C and Wylie at RG.  Draft then one in the 3rd for depth and development. Use other picks on RB, LB and CB. We may be set along the line and could use the cap space to even sign a cut player too

Weren't Hudson, Morse, and Allen all second day picks who stepped in as starters in their rookie years?  Any would be better than Reiter or Wyliek.  The point is that the Chiefs can get IOL in the third round and immediately upgrade the line at lower cost.  They can't afford the FA route.  They went after one OG in FA and couldn't pay the price.  It has to be through the draft. 

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe Rankins as LG, Allegretti at C and Wylie at RG.  Draft then one in the 3rd for depth and development. Use other picks on RB, LB and CB. We may be set along the line and could use the cap space to even sign a cut player too

I can’t imagine that Oline being any worse. Cutting Reiter and LDT alone would save us around 7 million and Mike Remmers is a great utility backup.   Snag a versatile G/C later in the draft for added backup like you said and we save money for possibly another FA.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Weren't Hudson, Morse, and Allen all second day picks who stepped in as starters in their rookie years?  Any would be better than Reiter or Wyliek.  The point is that the Chiefs can get IOL in the third round and immediately upgrade the line at lower cost.  They can't afford the FA route.  They went after one OG in FA and couldn't pay the price.  It has to be through the draft. 

I could be wrong I think he was referring to other positions in FA or cut players.   Yeah we can find talent there but we don’t want all three IOL positions to be rookies on our run it back tour either.  

On 4/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, jetlord said:

It seems that a high number of the self appointed experts have the Chiefs going RB early.  Do they watch the Reid offense or are they just remembering the loss of Hunt and want to replace him?

Same experts who had us taking a 1st round receiver the last 10 years?

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I could be wrong I think he was referring to other positions in FA or cut players.   Yeah we can find talent there but we don’t want all three IOL positions to be rookies on our run it back tour either.  

Agree, and I wasn't suggesting more than one starter out of this year's draft.  One starter plus Rankin and maybe Allegretti with Wylie and LDT as ready back ups is more what I'd expect. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree, and I wasn't suggesting more than one starter out of this year's draft.  One starter plus Rankin and maybe Allegretti with Wylie and LDT as ready back ups is more what I'd expect. 

Yeah me too.  We need to invest a mid round pick though as we seem to hit pretty regular on those guys.  Keep Pat safe, whatever the cost!

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well...what do him and Veach need to do to earn your trust then?

They have my trust.  Don't think we'll see the Chiefs draft a RB at #32.  Lots of talking heads say we will but I doubt they follow the team that closely.  

13 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well...what do him and Veach need to do to earn your trust then?

Personally, outside of drafting a QB, I'm good with any position at any pick, even RB. If it's their highest rated player, do be it, eventually every position we have comes up for a fat new contract at some point. Keep the best talent coming across the board. 

13 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Personally, outside of drafting a QB, I'm good with any position at any pick, even RB. If it's their highest rated player, do be it, eventually every position we have comes up for a fat new contract at some point. Keep the best talent coming across the board. 

I think for the near future we can fill gaps with FA who want a ring, want a prove it year, or are coming off injury.   I'd rather us keep drafting pro bowl caliber players even if its a position where we have a decent starter.   I saw a report that said from 1996 we have drafted the most Pro Bowlers of any team (27).   Hard to believe considering Dorsey, Jackson, Baldwin, and a slew of other first rounders never made one.   Keep drafting studs and it will all work itself out.   Something I would love to see is us drafting or picking up a qb each year to try and develop and flip.  Andy did a good job of that in Philly and with our O would be nice to see a younger guy have a few games like Matt Moore had and net us a pick.  Anyways, can't wait till Thursday!

On 4/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

If they have your trust, then why are you gonna be upset if they go RB round 1?

Because it's quite possibly the stupidest use of a round 1 pick in the sport? I mean, sans Fullback, Punter, Kicker, or Long Snapper... If you wouldn't use a 1 on those 4 positions, why would you use one on a RB? They are, literally, easy to find every year in the 3rd to 5th. Starters. Annually. Just no. NO!