Mock draft links

kkuenn

6 hours ago, kccrow said:

I mean, sans Fullback, Punter, Kicker, or Long Snapper... If you wouldn't use a 1 on those 4 positions, why would you use one on a RB? 

I think the fact that you are lumping these positions into one category as if they all have the same level of importance might make a better argument than I can.

21 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Personally, outside of drafting a QB, I'm good with any position at any pick, even RB. If it's their highest rated player, do be it, eventually every position we have comes up for a fat new contract at some point. Keep the best talent coming across the board. 

Exactly. I mean how could you seriously be upset if the Chiefs added DeAndre Swift or Jonathan Taylor to this offense?

Imagine screaming at the TV "Veach you fucking idiot! Why would you add the best player in the draft at RB to our roster??? We will never win a SB building a team this way, you fucking moron! Err....wait...We will never win ANOTHER SB this way!!!"

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Exactly. I mean how could you seriously be upset if the Chiefs added DeAndre Swift or Jonathan Taylor to this offense?

Imagine screaming at the TV "Veach you fucking idiot! Why would you add the best player in the draft at RB to our roster??? We will never win a SB building a team this way, you fucking moron! Err....wait...We will never win ANOTHER SB this way!!!"

That's making the point.  The Chiefs won a SB and have been one of the best teams in the Reid era without once drafting a RB above #3 IIRC.  Best player?  Maybe at their position, but not at a critical position.  The Chiefs can draft Helaire, Akers, or one of several others in the third if they want to add to the RB room, but a stronger IOL will do as much for the run game as adding a higher ranked prospect.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's making the point.  The Chiefs won a SB and have been one of the best teams in the Reid era without once drafting a RB above #3 IIRC.  Best player?  Maybe at their position, but not at a critical position.  The Chiefs can draft Helaire, Akers, or one of several others in the third if they want to add to the RB room, but a stronger IOL will do as much for the run game as adding a higher ranked prospect.

Add a Ruiz and you add not only protection for Mahomes but also get better in the run game. 2 for 1.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Add a Ruiz and you add not only protection for Mahomes but also get better in the run game. 2 for 1.

Agree.  First round seems high for an IOL, but it's nearly a high second and he could be a long term solution at OG or OC. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I'm down with Ruiz round 1. But Akers and Helaire will be long gone by round 3 and it wouldn't surprise me it both were gone by #63.

I'm fine with the Chiefs not drafting a RB that high. Honestly I'm OK with them not drafting one at all. I think Washington can be an absolute beast in our offense.

But if the guys who built our SB roster think the best way to get more rings is by going RB round 1, what is gonna be my argument against it? That they don't know what they are doing? The last game they oversaw we hoisted a Lombardi afterward.

33 minutes ago, xen said:

Probably moot arguement fellas.  Andy has never drafted a RB in the first round.  Like ever.  Fwiw, also never drafted an off ball linebacker in the first.

What was it he said back in the day? Give me a QB, 2 good offensive tackles, 2 pass rushers, and 2 corners and I'll figure the rest out...

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What was it he said back in the day? Give me a QB, 2 good offensive tackles, 2 pass rushers, and 2 corners and I'll figure the rest out...

Yep. 

Over 60% of Andy's top 100 overall picks have been DB's, dline and WR.  

All top 100 overall draft picks with Andy as a head coach (64 total):

30% Dline or primary pass rushing LB

19% DB's

13% WR

11% OL

9% LB

9% RB

6% QB

3% TE

30 minutes ago, xen said:

Yep. 

Over 60% of Andy's top 100 overall picks have been DB's, dline and WR.  

All top 100 overall draft picks with Andy as a head coach (64 total):

30% Dline or primary pass rushing LB

19% DB's

13% WR

11% OL

9% LB

9% RB

6% QB

3% TE

Interesting because I thought Andy didn’t care about defense. I’d quote myself on that.

Btw there are rushers that absolutely fit our offense pretty deep into this draft.

All of these guys below are day 3 or late day 2 and all fit our offense extremely well.  For those that want to look them up I would remind you that Kareem Hunt ran a 4.62 and didn't test overly well.  The tape tells the real story on RBs.  Please also remember Veach loves big RBs that can catch.

Antonio Gibson - imo, RB or WR or both, Andy would turn him into a star.  

Eno Benjamin

Anthony McFarland

Joshua Kelley

Zach Moss

Michael Warren 

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Btw there are rushers that absolutely fit our offense pretty deep into this draft.

All of these guys below are day 3 or late day 2 and all fit our offense extremely well.  For those that want to look them up I would remind you that Kareem Hunt ran a 4.62 and didn't test overly well.  The tape tells the real story on RBs.  Please also remember Veach loves big RBs that can catch.

Antonio Gibson - imo, RB or WR or both, Andy would turn him into a star.  

Eno Benjamin

Anthony McFarland

Joshua Kelley

Zach Moss

Michael Warren 

Zach moss please.

9 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Don't know if you guys have watched Xavier Jones out of SMU, but take a peek at that kid. Could be a late or UDFA steal. 

Yeah explosive kid.  I wonder with the small school and no official testing if we can get him as a UDFA.